Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MaxB
Forum: London Transport June 14th 06, 02:32 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By MaxB
Trooping the Colour

"Michael Hoffman" wrote in message
Hi, I was interested in seeing Trooping the Colour on Saturday from the
Mall. Could you...
Forum: London Transport June 3rd 06, 11:00 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By MaxB
Titfield Thunderbolt

"Martin Underwood" a@b wrote in message
Mark Brader wrote in message
:

Max Batten:
On...
Forum: London Transport June 3rd 06, 08:02 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By MaxB
Titfield Thunderbolt

On Classic FM (during a film music programme) the presenter alleged this
film was...
Forum: London Transport June 3rd 06, 08:01 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By MaxB
Titfield Thunderbolt

On Classic FM (during a film music programme) the presenter alleged this
film was made on the Tallyllyn Railway. Clearly that is wrong as it was
standard gauge, but where was it filmed? Anyone...
Forum: London Transport June 3rd 06, 07:59 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By MaxB
LU Estimated Time of Arrival Station Boards

Is the information supposedly available at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/travelinfo/eta/ just not...
Forum: London Transport May 10th 06, 07:58 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By MaxB
Strange thing in Lewisham

Forum: London Transport May 5th 06, 02:30 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By MaxB
TfL journey planner

The planner can be a bit temperamental and I had a similar problem with
slow/no response some weeks ago. The old standby, switch off and start again
seemed to fix it.

MaxB

"Tom Anderson"...
Forum: London Transport April 20th 06, 06:21 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By MaxB
Suitcase and backpack?

Using the Underground sounds sensible. There is a train every 5 minutes up
to 2330, then reducing service up to around midnight. I don't think you will
have a seating problem.

You could then use a...
Forum: London Transport March 2nd 06, 08:41 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By MaxB
Worst Welcome

Yesterday I had occasion to travel to Heathrow and back to Paddington. It
may only be 15 minutes but unfortunately that is far too long to look if you
are looking out of the window! I would like to...
Forum: London Transport February 23rd 06, 08:24 AM
Replies: 34
Posted By MaxB
Can you identify this tube station from this arty picture

My first thought was Barons Court. I hadn't read your "clues" then but this
is in the likely area.

Max B

Forum: London Transport August 18th 05, 03:26 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By MaxB
NYC and London: Comparisons.

Try the "horses mouth" - http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/company/history/

Regards,
Max B

Having grown...
Forum: London Transport June 18th 05, 04:52 PM
Replies: 39
Posted By MaxB
Improvements to the North London Line

South of the Thames - Britain's best kept secret. We don't want you here
anyway!!

Who wants to go...
Forum: London Transport June 13th 05, 09:59 PM
Replies: 39
Posted By MaxB
Improvements to the North London Line

And Heaven forbid that we should spend any money south of the river, after
all we have the South Circular to keep us happy (well occupied anyway)!

--
Regards,
Max Batten

Visit me at ...
Forum: London Transport June 13th 05, 02:57 PM
Replies: 39
Posted By MaxB
Improvements to the North London Line

What about some improvements to the South London Line? Reinstating a station
at Brixton (with platform level interchange to the main line) would be a
start!

--
Regards,
Max B

Visit me at ...
Forum: London Transport June 11th 05, 10:45 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By MaxB
London Bridge wheel-squeal

Platform 2, like 1, is on a steady but not very sharp curve. Trains
frequently squeak very loudly near the overbridge. I don't think the oiler
is working and/or is missing.

--
Regards,
Max...
Forum: London Transport June 2nd 05, 02:54 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By MaxB
Bromley North Line

Lots of trains use Platform 1, but not at the same time! Do you mean P1 at
Bromley North?

Forum: London Transport June 2nd 05, 08:03 AM
Replies: 24
Posted By MaxB
Bromley North Line

Yes that is correct. Platform 1 is occasionally used if 2 is occupied by a
special or, last autumn, by an unadvertised midday service from Cannon
Street whilst testing/commissioning the new 5 car...
Forum: London Transport May 31st 05, 03:37 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By MaxB
Public transport in SE London

Is it just me or does it seem as though someone at the top of TfL has it in
for the Borough of Bromley?

The Tube stops as New Cross, the Tram stops at Elmers End/Beckenham Junction
and the 726 coach...
Forum: London Transport May 30th 05, 04:25 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By MaxB
Bromley North Line

You may be interested in the pictures on this page which should answer most
of your questions!

http://www.thebattens.ndonet.com/bybranch2.html

Forum: London Transport May 21st 05, 10:52 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By MaxB
Public Transport in SE London

Is it just me or does it seem like someone at the top of TfL has it in for
the Borough of Bromley?

The Tube stops as New Cross, the Tram stops at Elmers End/Beckenham Junction
and the 726 coach is...

Forum: London Transport May 7th 05, 09:23 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By MaxB
Drain prices

On opening day, 7th August 1898, apparently between 15 and 20,000 people
paid 2d single or 3d return, so there must have been some sort of barrier
control!

MaxB

"lonelytraveller"...
Forum: London Transport May 4th 05, 11:29 AM
Replies: 32
Posted By MaxB
Old A-Zs of London

According to my 1905 map of the area, what is now Northland Street didn't
exist and Vaughn Street had a 90 degree bend in it at what is now the
junction with Southwell Road. So there was no...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24

Forum Jump