Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Joyce Whitchurch
Forum: London Transport March 8th 08, 09:55 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
UK train questions

Joe Patrick wrote:
Atanoman wrote:

2) How much time should we give ourselves to transfer between St.
Pancras and Euston stations?

It's about a 15-20 min walk with a similar bus...
Forum: London Transport December 16th 07, 09:54 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
How to report spam on this newsgroup to Google

Eric wrote:

Google is not in a position to remove messages from a group it has no
control over, and any attempt to hide messages from those viewing the
group through Google Groups would be...
Forum: London Transport April 14th 07, 10:23 AM
Replies: 21
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
Trains to FA Cup Semi Final - 14/4/07

Paul Scott wrote:

But as another poster pointed out ManU fans...
Forum: London Transport March 13th 07, 10:58 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
Central Line Timetable

Peter Corser wrote:

The half minute timing accuracy was down to the programme (sequence)
machines stepping every half minute. The timetables on the machines ran in
half-minute time (from...
Forum: London Transport March 13th 07, 07:45 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
Central Line Timetable

Peter Smyth wrote:

Unfortunately those timetables have a major flaw as they don't give the
destination of each train. For example the timetable at Finchley Central
northbound shows all...
Forum: London Transport March 13th 07, 06:10 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
Central Line Timetable

Peter Smyth wrote:

While this is guessable (Epping to White City takes...
Forum: London Transport March 6th 07, 11:00 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
Diamond West Midlands Bus Story

Arthur Figgis wrote:

I've had a bus driver in North Yorkshire ask to borrow an OS map I had
in my pocket, and one ask if he had to call at all the little places on
the route, or could he...
Forum: London Transport March 5th 07, 10:47 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
Oyster card journeys on expenses

wrote:

To save money, I'm intending to use the Oyster card. Is there a way I
can get a print-out of my journey history, to show to my boss, so I
can claim...
Forum: London Transport March 4th 07, 09:35 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
Ticket scam

Neil Williams wrote:
On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 23:20:55 +0000, Joyce Whitchurch

But TBH I'm surprised that Saver tickets ever got off the ground in the...
Forum: London Transport February 28th 07, 10:20 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
Ticket scam

Michael Hoffman wrote:

Surely going to the ticket stop is faffing about as well. They can just
buy the expensive cash fares. Or get an Oyster card.

Well, you can only buy the expensive cash...
Forum: London Transport February 28th 07, 07:37 AM
Replies: 34
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
Ticket scam

Neil Williams wrote:

Why not just withdraw Saver tickets completely? Surely Oyster has
superceded them to any practical extent?

Too much faffing about for the occasional visitor, especially...
Forum: London Transport February 27th 07, 09:27 AM
Replies: 34
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
Ticket scam

Rob Hamadi wrote:

AIUI, RP collect the tickets from the driver first, then match them up
with the stubs retained by the pax.

Correct. I wondered about this too, until the day the inspectors...
Forum: London Transport February 13th 07, 08:06 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
London Buses - number of double deckers, single deckers & artics

Paul Corfield wrote:

[much useful stuff snipped]

Thanks for that.

b) TfL requiring standard headways despite much extended running
times at the peak. Non of this moving from a bus every 30...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 07, 10:50 AM
Replies: 24
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
London Buses - number of double deckers, single deckers & artics

Paul Corfield wrote:

As at 27/1/07 there were 7037 buses required to run the scheduled TfL
services on Mondays to Fridays when the schools are open. Note that this
figure does NOT include...
Forum: London Transport January 21st 07, 09:16 AM
Replies: 57
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
Penalty fares for sitting in First Class

Bill Harris wrote:

As an aside to this thread. Is it no lomger possible to upgrade to
First legitimately?

Only by doing so at the booking office, never on the train. The reason
is that...
Forum: London Transport January 20th 07, 10:08 AM
Replies: 32
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
No online information during storms

Neil Spellings wrote:
I'd like to congratulate National Rail, Transport for London, Southern
Trains and the BBC for all failing to provide any kind of up-to-date
travel information on station...
Forum: London Transport January 14th 07, 09:21 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
Tell Graffiti Vandals What You think

wrote:
Adrian wrote:
) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

A vandal web site - sign the guest book - I did!
Forum: London Transport January 11th 07, 06:46 PM
Replies: 99
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
Cross-London Bus Transfer & Discount London Bus Pass

Ian Jelf wrote:

The night time Inter Station bus was much older than that; I think it
dated back to the 1960s or even earlier. (Someone will be along to
tell us all shortly.)

[Enter a...
Forum: London Transport December 9th 06, 03:47 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
Harwich for the Continent.....

Arthur Figgis wrote:
wrote:

I made the journey FROM Harwich TO Liverpool Street. Was I expected
then to queue up at the ticket office and explain that I was seeking to
Forum: London Transport December 2nd 06, 12:01 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
Oxford Street temporary pedestrianisation

I'm told that Oxford Street is completely closed to traffic today,
between 1100 and 1600 at any rate. Where are the buses diverting to?
--
Joyce Whitchurch, Stalybridge,...
Forum: London Transport October 20th 06, 11:51 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
Trouble finding a hotel!

Ian Cunningham wrote:

As others have said London isn't cheap
I've found http://www.hotels-london.co.uk/ to be very good - some serious
discounts off rack rate

Here's another one that I've...
Forum: London Transport October 17th 06, 11:58 PM
Replies: 104
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
Oyster Card Users - info on incomplete journeys

Mizter T wrote:

http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/gey_stv0.htmz

? ?? "Error 404 occurred"?

Oh, hang on a mo' - you mean
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/gey_stv0.htm. Gotcha!
--
Joyce...
Forum: London Transport October 17th 06, 11:55 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
Trouble finding a hotel!

Mark W. Shelby wrote:
Hello, the wife and I are coming to London Nov. 2nd...
I am shocked at the price of hotels there!

The prices vary enormously from one week to another. Depends very much
on...
Forum: London Transport October 17th 06, 11:36 PM
Replies: 104
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
Oyster Card Users - info on incomplete journeys

Mizter T wrote:

You're confusing two things here Joyce!

Not necessarily!

A standalone reader - one not attached to a gate - has a dot-matrix LCD
screen that displays some simple text. In...
Forum: London Transport October 17th 06, 10:53 PM
Replies: 104
Posted By Joyce Whitchurch
Oyster Card Users - info on incomplete journeys

Robin Mayes wrote:
For stations are currently being "trialed"

"Mizter T" wrote in message
Tim...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36

Forum Jump