Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: john b
Forum: London Transport March 16th 11, 01:46 AM
Replies: 136
Posted By john b
Why no assigned platforms?

On Mar 16, 3:06*am, Roland Perry wrote:
But I agree that the "laptop on a rush hour train" scenario is far from
ideal.

True, but only because the tables are a...
Forum: London Transport March 14th 11, 11:41 PM
Replies: 136
Posted By john b
Why no assigned platforms?

In message , at 08:20:18 on Mon, 14 Mar
Forum: London Transport March 13th 11, 01:07 AM
Replies: 60
Posted By john b
OEPs to be abandoned

On Mar 13, 7:06*am, Jack wrote:

Forum: London Transport March 12th 11, 11:47 AM
Replies: 60
Posted By john b
OEPs to be abandoned

The only opportunity to influence events is now in terms of you creating
a huge campaign that one of the Mayoral candidates...
Forum: London Transport March 12th 11, 11:45 AM
Replies: 60
Posted By john b
OEPs to be abandoned

Given how many faulty Oyster readers there are out there, that's the
most likely explanation. *There's one reader at Gipsy Hill...
Forum: London Transport March 12th 11, 11:42 AM
Replies: 60
Posted By john b
OEPs to be abandoned

So, we've got rid of one very minor part of the whole ugly zonal fares/
Oyster mess, but the rest of the nightmare is still...
Forum: London Transport March 12th 11, 11:30 AM
Replies: 31
Posted By john b
London Buses Run By The RATP

On Mar 12, 8:11*pm, Arthur Figgis wrote:

Many UK-based train companies have been successful (or at least,
profitable) at...
Forum: London Transport March 11th 11, 11:48 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By john b
London Buses Run By The RATP

On Mar 12, 8:01*am, Tom Anderson wrote:
RATP London United will continue providing bus services under (quite
tightly specified)...
Forum: London Transport March 11th 11, 11:41 PM
Replies: 60
Posted By john b
OEPs to be abandoned

They were an overly complex "solution" to a perceived risk to revenue.
The fact that the people who wanted the system put in place...
Forum: London Transport March 10th 11, 12:11 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By john b
Tube maintenance brought in-house?

AIUI, Tube Lines is now a wholly owned subsidiary of TfL, but is still
organisationally separate from LU (which now includes...
Forum: London Transport March 8th 11, 10:57 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By john b
Tube maintenance brought in-house?

BBC London News on BBC1 is reporting this tonight - but I'm confused.
After Metronet failed and TfL bought out the Tube Lines contract...
Forum: London Transport March 6th 11, 12:27 AM
Replies: 136
Posted By john b
Why no assigned platforms?

On Mar 6, 8:44*am, NM wrote:
1 minute is
more than enough for someone who's not physically handicapped to walk from
one side [of KX main shed] to the other.

No it...
Forum: London Transport March 2nd 11, 04:17 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By john b
East London Line extension to Highbury & Islington open today

On Mar 2, 2:49*pm, Basil Jet wrote:
Does anyone know why they have not taken it through Canonbury tunnel to
Finsbury...
Forum: London Transport March 1st 11, 01:08 PM
Replies: 69
Posted By john b
Pram Rage Incident

On Mar 1, 10:19*pm, wrote:
On 1 Mar 2011 11:07:03 GMT

I wouldn't have a problem with giving juries an IQ test first and the
Forum: London Transport February 28th 11, 11:31 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By john b
FPK refusing to sell BZ2 tickets

On Feb 27, 11:31*pm, W14_Fishbourne
wrote:
What I don't understand is why there is actually a need to ban this.

As long as the existence of this journey...
Forum: London Transport February 28th 11, 11:26 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By john b
FPK refusing to sell BZ2 tickets

In message , at 05:05:39
on Sun, 27 Feb 2011, Roy Badami ...
Forum: London Transport February 26th 11, 01:01 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By john b
Liverpool Street and BZ2

On Feb 26, 7:28*am, "Peter Smyth" wrote:

Forum: London Transport February 25th 11, 03:06 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By john b
BBC: Doors opened on moving Victoria Line Tube near Brixton

On Feb 25, 9:07*am, "Richard J." wrote:
George wrote on 24 February 2011
18:33:52 ...

On 24 Feb, 14:53,...
Forum: London Transport February 25th 11, 02:41 AM
Replies: 54

On Feb 25, 11:55*am, Mizter T wrote:

Forum: London Transport February 24th 11, 11:07 AM
Replies: 69
Posted By john b
Pram Rage Incident

On Feb 24, 8:59*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 20:01:14 -0800 (PST)

things they nonetheless deserve, such as a fair trial, due...
Forum: London Transport February 24th 11, 11:04 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By john b
ELL to Highbury....

On Feb 24, 9:34*pm, eastender wrote:
In article ,

Surprised it's not been...
Forum: London Transport February 24th 11, 03:01 AM
Replies: 69
Posted By john b
Pram Rage Incident

On Feb 23, 9:02*pm, Paul wrote:

Forum: London Transport February 24th 11, 02:53 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By john b
Signal Failure

On Feb 24, 2:19*am, john amber
I have travelled on metro systems all over the world and none,
absolutely none, is anywhere near as utterly hopeless...
Forum: London Transport February 23rd 11, 04:15 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By john b
Is the victoria line the new misery line?

On Feb 22, 1:05*am, wrote:
Does a week go by anymore when there isn't a serious train failure on it?
And I think we all know which type of train.

Bathtub much?

--
John...
Forum: London Transport February 23rd 11, 04:14 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By john b
Is the victoria line the new misery line?

On Feb 22, 9:39*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:43:35 on Tue, 22 Feb
2011, remarked:

It always makes...