Showing results 1 to 25 of 144
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: martin
Forum: London Transport January 2nd 16, 04:28 PM
Replies: 54
Posted By martin
Oyster outage

Any why, if all you had to do to get a free trip was to claim to have an
Oyster card, would anyone during the outage try to use a...
Forum: London Transport January 2nd 16, 03:42 PM
Replies: 54
Posted By martin
Oyster outage

It's just occurred to me that the free fares on New Year's Eve aren't solely a case of TfL (or their sponsors') benevolence, but more to do with the difficulty of correctly charging for journeys...
Forum: London Transport May 20th 13, 01:31 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By martin
Clapham Junction Oyster readers

Last night, while trying to get from Gatwick Airport to E9, Google's journey planner came up the fastest route being via Clapham Junction and the Overground.

Gatwick to Whitechapel is £20.60 for an...
Forum: London Transport August 16th 11, 10:06 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By martin
Black door at Marble Arch Tube Station

On Aug 15, 1:54*am, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2011\08\15 01:39, Rafael wrote:

Hi there

Does anyone know what is behind a black door at Marble Arch tube
Forum: London Transport June 15th 11, 11:26 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By martin
August 2010 runaway engineering train RAIB report

now available at http://www.raib.gov.uk/cms_resources.cfm?file=/110615_R092011_%20Highgate.pdf

(or http://goo.gl/jpZXI )
Forum: London Transport May 16th 11, 05:43 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By martin
e-mail from TfL

On May 15, 2:40*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Forum: London Transport April 25th 11, 10:51 AM
Replies: 88
Posted By martin
What does it take to be a Transport Correspondent?

On Apr 21, 1:07*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 22:40:29 +0100, "Jack Taylor"

The standard of railway-related writing has, for...
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 11, 08:18 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By martin
Tube Strike ballot

On Apr 2, 10:27*am, Basil Jet wrote:
Possible strike for early May.

[citation needed]
Forum: London Transport March 23rd 11, 01:48 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By martin
ticketing question: outboundary travelcards

On Mar 23, 12:17*pm, David Cantrell wrote:
This is probably a rather simple question, but I thought I'd come to
Forum: London Transport March 21st 11, 12:06 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By martin
ticketing question: outboundary travelcards

This is probably a rather simple question, but I thought I'd come to
u.t.l to see how many answers you lot could come up with :)

My work has booked me on a 5-day training course. It's in Slough,...
Forum: London Transport January 22nd 11, 02:19 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By martin
Wobbly Oystercard charges

On Jan 21, 2:12*pm, Walter Briscoe
wrote:

I am quite irritated that 222 1234 recently moved from 0207 to 0843,
where ISTR it is quietly charged at 0.10UKP/minute.
Forum: London Transport January 21st 11, 09:17 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By martin
help for tube & airport

I can't believe anyone can make this mistake. Surely you know the flight
number, the airline and also the gate number once you have...
Forum: London Transport January 21st 11, 08:23 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By martin
Another Oyster question: top-up not in journey history

I've read here that if you request a paper copy of your journey history
then it's always correct but I never tried that as I always...
Forum: London Transport December 9th 10, 04:52 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By martin
TfL festive travel information

out now at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/13658.aspx

In a sign of costcutting at 55 Broadway, they seem to have recycled
last year's Rudolph the Roundel-nosed Reindeer.
Forum: London Transport December 1st 10, 07:31 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By martin
Anerley retentive

That's nothing - there was a new service that was suspended this
morning. One from New Cross to West Croydon. I wasn't aware that a...
Forum: London Transport November 27th 10, 08:18 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By martin
LU planning three week block-closures

from last night's Standard:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23901588-tube-closures-for-three-weeks-in-dramatic-tactic-to-speed-repairs.do
(or http://tinyurl.com/lu-block-closures...
Forum: London Transport November 15th 10, 05:55 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By martin
Stealth OSIs

I got a bit of a surprise this morning when an Oyster Refund
Confirmation popped up in my inbox. Looking at my journey history, it
appears that there's an OSI between Sydenham and Crystal...
Forum: London Transport November 12th 10, 08:38 AM
Replies: 56
Posted By martin
Boxing Day Tube Strike Threat

On Nov 11, 2:54*pm, "Mizter T" wrote:

Anyhow, will they pay you for a new set of tyres if you cycle in?

I daresay they wouldn't begrudge me claiming at the...
Forum: London Transport November 11th 10, 01:17 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By martin
Boxing Day Tube Strike Threat

On Nov 11, 1:11*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
03:32:34 on Thu, 11 Nov 2010, martin...
Forum: London Transport November 11th 10, 10:32 AM
Replies: 56
Posted By martin
Boxing Day Tube Strike Threat

On Nov 10, 12:43*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
04:31:39 on Wed, 10 Nov 2010, Paul...
Forum: London Transport November 11th 10, 10:22 AM
Replies: 56
Posted By martin
Boxing Day Tube Strike Threat

On Nov 11, 9:09*am, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
18:15:23 on Wed, 10 Nov 2010, Mizter T...
Forum: London Transport November 9th 10, 10:00 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By martin
Travelcard on HS1

On Nov 7, 1:05*pm, "tim...." wrote:

On Sun, 7 Nov 2010...
Forum: London Transport November 6th 10, 04:30 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By martin
Travelcard on HS1

On Nov 4, 4:21*pm, John Ray
wrote:

One can take a peek at Stratford International and partake in the
Forum: London Transport November 1st 10, 10:01 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By martin
Not stopping at Bank

I was somewhat lost in a book, and not paying attention - but on the
way home from work on Saturday evening, on an eastbound Central Line
train at Chancery Lane, the driver took great pains to point...
Forum: London Transport October 22nd 10, 11:30 AM
Replies: 28
Posted By martin
2011 Fares

On Oct 21, 9:40*pm, Mizter T wrote:

One simple question - does that "fewer than 6,000 passengers a day"
figure include those who use Oyster PAYG and get capped for z2-6,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 144

Forum Jump