Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Redonda
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 04, 06:17 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Redonda
Green Party lunacy

scott wrote:

How do you work that one out? If I'm using more power to go faster,
surely I need to be using more petrol? As air resistance increases
with speed squared, the amount of petrol...
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 04, 11:21 AM
Replies: 29
Posted By Redonda
Green Party lunacy

W K wrote:
"Redonda" wrote in message
W K wrote:
snip

Ah, I see.
Made up figures then with no...
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 04, 08:44 AM
Replies: 29
Posted By Redonda
Green Party lunacy

W K wrote:
snip

Ah, I see.
Made up figures then with no facts.

No, not 'made up' figures. Just *my* personal experience in 37 years of
driving including road rallying (in the '60s and '70s...
Forum: London Transport April 1st 04, 07:46 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Redonda
Green Party lunacy

Steve Peake wrote:

Actually, erm, I'd rather be hit by a car - at 20mph that is.
Modern car bumpers are designed to absorb impact on the...
Forum: London Transport February 29th 04, 05:46 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Redonda
South Harrow 83ts

CIG_BIG_CIG wrote:
A recent visit to South Harrow revealed that 2 sets of 83ts have gone.
Does anyone know when and whether it was by road or rail?

What else has gone and from where? I know...
Forum: London Transport February 16th 04, 08:33 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Redonda
Bus driver training?

DaveG73 wrote:
Please dont tar us all with the same brush.
I for one am quite happy to lower my ramp for a wheelchair user,
particularly when it means upsetting some woman with a baby in a
Forum: London Transport February 16th 04, 09:09 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By Redonda
Bus driver training?

Steve wrote:
"Redonda" wrote in
:

Do bus drivers get *any* sort of training in how to deal with the
public?...
Forum: London Transport February 16th 04, 09:06 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By Redonda
Bus driver training?

tim wrote:

But AIUI the cost of the equipment in the buses has been spent.
What was missing was some common sense by the Bus operator
to actually decide to instruct their drivers to use...
Forum: London Transport February 15th 04, 11:21 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By Redonda
Bus driver training?

tim wrote:

They are now consulting with bus operators on the routes he...
Forum: London Transport February 14th 04, 07:16 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Redonda
Bus driver training?

Do bus drivers get *any* sort of training in how to deal with the public?
This is an article from this week's East London Advertiser:

BUS ATTITUDE NOT QUITE THE TICKET.

Bus drivers are...
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 04, 09:23 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Redonda
Oyster Cards on buses - 50% failure rate?

Ishmael Sayle III wrote:
Maybe it's the Lynx effect!

Ah yes, oyster fragrance Lynx - our cat loves it :-)
--
Phil ,,,^.".^,,,

---
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 04, 09:18 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Redonda
Congestion charging expansion plans: zone expansion.

Paul Terry wrote:
snip

According to the BBC yesterday, the suggestion came from TfL:

A TfL spokesman told BBC News Online: "This is just an idea at
the moment but we want...
Forum: London Transport September 28th 03, 08:41 AM
Replies: 30
Posted By Redonda
Hello from New York

Martin S. wrote:
snip

Look at www.thetube.com and click on routefinder. It gives a rough
idea of journey times.
Regarding geographic tube maps, the best modern map of the central
area is...
Forum: London Transport September 9th 03, 09:06 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Redonda
Fake dead ends

John Rowland wrote:
Hi all,

I have recently found several roads which have dead-end signs at
both
ends but are not dead ends at all. For instance in North Pinner,
Barrow Point Avenue/Lane...
Forum: London Transport September 1st 03, 11:55 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Redonda
Central Line To Close (again)

Richard J. wrote:
CJG wrote:
In message ,
Richard
J. writes
Nowhere does it say that the line will close.

Forum: London Transport August 14th 03, 11:39 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Redonda
Jam Cams conspiracy?

Gareth Attrill wrote:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 20:49:31 GMT, "Richard J."

I,ve just noticed that all of the Jam Cams, provided by...
Forum: London Transport August 14th 03, 11:31 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Redonda
Jam Cams conspiracy?

Ed Crowley wrote:
"david stevenson" wrote in message

The BBC have cancelled...
Forum: London Transport August 5th 03, 09:56 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Redonda
DLR Station Names Orgins?

Redonda wrote:
snip

There's an interesting map of South Poplar and the Isle of Dogs
dating from 1885 )click on the map for a larger version) at:
Forum: London Transport August 5th 03, 09:25 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Redonda
DLR Station Names Orgins?

Gunjani wrote:

snip
Much appreciated, I didn't know Poplar was named after Trees!

IIRC rows of poplar trees were planted here to act as wind-breaks.

My daughter's actually doing a small...
Forum: London Transport August 5th 03, 06:23 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Redonda
DLR Station Names Orgins?

nightjar wrote:
Gallions Reach from a stretch (or reach) of the river nearby...
Forum: London Transport August 4th 03, 07:57 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Redonda
DLR Station Names Orgins?

Robert Woolley wrote:
On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 20:18:02 +0100, "Redonda"
wrote:

Does anyone know the origins of Docklands Light Railway Station
Forum: London Transport August 4th 03, 07:18 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By Redonda
DLR Station Names Orgins?

Gunjani wrote:
Does anyone know the origins of Docklands Light Railway Station
Names?

Most of them are obvious (Stratford or Crossharbour for instance).
Of the more esoteric ones Mudchute is the...
Forum: London Transport August 2nd 03, 02:11 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Redonda
Trafalgar Square

Cast_Iron wrote:
Jonn Elledge wrote:
Stopped for a look round it yesterday, for the first time
since the roadworks have been finished. It's a bit good,
isn't it? Actually feels like a...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23

Forum Jump