Showing results 1 to 25 of 61
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Salmon[_4_]
Forum: London Transport December 1st 10, 08:08 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Anerley retentive

"Roy Badami" wrote
martin wrote:
Paul Corfield wrote:
That's nothing - there was a new service that was suspended this
morning. One from New Cross to West Croydon. I wasn't aware that...
Forum: London Transport November 14th 10, 10:56 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Was this weekend some kind of record?

"Mizter T" wrote
"John Salmon" wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote

The section of the Circle line's route that had no service was Edgware
Road to Tower Hill, so that's something like half-ish...
Forum: London Transport November 14th 10, 10:25 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Was this weekend some kind of record?

"Mizter T" wrote
The section of the Circle line's route that had no service was Edgware
Road to Tower Hill, so that's something like half-ish of the Circle.

Whereas the section of the Circle...
Forum: London Transport November 11th 10, 12:43 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Boxing Day Tube Strike Threat

"John Salmon" wrote

The train service database seems to think that there is a Sutton-West
Croydon-Selhurst-Balham stopping service, an East Croydon-Crystal
Palace-Balham stopping service...
Forum: London Transport November 11th 10, 12:02 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Boxing Day Tube Strike Threat

[cross-posted to uk.railway]
"David Cantrell" wrote
Mizter T wrote:
For the record, I'll copy and paste the relevant bits below:

Forum: London Transport October 4th 10, 10:54 PM
Replies: 95
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Up/down/northbound/westbound?

"Jonathan Morton" wrote
"John Salmon" wrote
I still think the situation at Markham Moor, as viewed by a driver going
from Lincoln (on the A57) to Sheffield (on the A57), is most
Forum: London Transport October 4th 10, 12:58 PM
Replies: 95
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Up/down/northbound/westbound?

"Roland Perry" wrote
John Salmon remarked:

There are some examples of poor signage where roads merge and then
separate. The A57 - the main route from Lincoln to Sheffield - merges with...
Forum: London Transport October 3rd 10, 10:41 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Oyster PAYG more expensive than paper tickets?

"John Salmon" wrote
I have a registered Oyster card with Senior Railcard loaded, so within
zones 1-6, my off-peak daily travel should be capped at £5.00. An
off-peak day return from...
Forum: London Transport October 3rd 10, 10:13 PM
Replies: 95
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Up/down/northbound/westbound?

"Yokel" wrote
Roy Badami wrote:
Ivor The Engine wrote:
In some places, roads merge then separate but keep their numbering
before and after.

That happens here, too.
The...
Forum: London Transport September 29th 10, 07:15 PM
Replies: 17

Forum: London Transport September 29th 10, 06:20 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Oyster PAYG more expensive than paper tickets?

I have a registered Oyster card with Senior Railcard loaded, so within zones
1-6, my off-peak daily travel should be capped at £5.00. An off-peak day
return from Upminster to Ockendon with...
Forum: London Transport September 4th 10, 06:38 PM
Replies: 34
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Another Borris Bendy Bursts into Flames

"Fat richard" wrote
Sorry for the tabloid headline !

08.45 Saturday . . . .Reports of a bendy bus going up in smoke at
Victoria bus ststaion - the one at the front of the station, not the
Forum: London Transport August 11th 10, 10:42 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Charged more to cross London than Aberystwyth to London UPDATE

"Mizter T" wrote
"John Salmon" wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote

(3) Some refunds *are* issued semi-automatically - this started last
year, maybe beforehand - anyhow it seems that a trawl is...
Forum: London Transport August 11th 10, 07:33 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Charged more to cross London than Aberystwyth to London UPDATE

[cross-posted to utl]
"Mizter T" wrote
(3) Some refunds *are* issued semi-automatically - this started last
year, maybe beforehand - anyhow it seems that a trawl is done through
the Oyster...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 10, 11:49 PM
Replies: 158
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Loogahgbaroogah

"Roger Lynn" wrote
I didn't know that until 1974 they had their own county councils as
"Parts" of Lincolnshire, apparently in a similar arrangement to the
Ridings of Yorkshire.

And it seems...
Forum: London Transport June 15th 10, 02:55 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Terminating in a through platform then returning "wrong direction"

"dB" wrote
wrote:

Are there ever occasions during planned or unplanned service
disruption where an LU train heading say "eastbound" will require to
finish its journey in...
Forum: London Transport June 1st 10, 10:27 AM
Replies: 69
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
"Crossrail budget may be slashed by a third"

"Peter Masson" wrote
"Neil Williams" wrote
Basil Jet wrote:
SDO would not really be a problem at a terminus.

It would if it left a whole unit (no corridor connection) off the
Forum: London Transport May 27th 10, 10:21 AM
Replies: 39
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Post office railway reuse

"Paul Terry" wrote

I don't know if any really serious track bashers ever posted themselves in
large cardboard containers to try to do the line. :)

Several 'really serious track bashers'...
Forum: London Transport May 26th 10, 09:37 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Milton Keynes - Croydon

"Paul Scott" wrote
I understand the extension of most SN WLL services through to South
Croydon hasn't happened yet. Is this an infrastructure problem that is
being kept quiet?

I thought...
Forum: London Transport April 30th 10, 03:10 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Summer Timetable

"Paul Scott" wrote
PhilD wrote:

[uk.transport.london added]

this being about the national rail combined timetable - 'NRTT', produced
by
Network Rail

It's interesting, too, that ...
Forum: London Transport April 7th 10, 11:32 AM
Replies: 25
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Through ticketing from tube to rail [part 2]

"NM" wrote
"John Salmon" wrote:
"Roy Badami" wrote
martin wrote:
I'm curious to know what would happen if I was delayed on my way to
Euston.

I'm curious about a related...
Forum: London Transport March 18th 10, 04:50 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Rocket for London?

"Paul Terry" wrote
CJB writes

Yesterday - saw an article in the Metro or Evening Standard that the
NRM are to build a demo. track in Hyde Park for the Rocket replica and
coaches to run on...
Forum: London Transport March 18th 10, 03:01 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By John Salmon[_4_]
Oyster Top-up Queries

I wrote on the 17th January:

I've only recently started using Oyster PAYG on a semi-regular basis. I
topped up on Tuesday using the FCC ticket machine next to the ticket
office at St...
Forum: London Transport March 4th 10, 08:26 PM
Replies: 25

martin wrote:

I'm curious to know what would happen if I was delayed on my way to
Euston.

I'm curious about a related situation, namely an AP ticket that involves
Showing results 1 to 25 of 61

Forum Jump