Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter Campbell Smith[_5_]
Forum: London Transport August 10th 11, 03:45 PM
Replies: 41
why are the new Victoria and trains so slow?

"Richard J." wrote in
:

Yes, I well remember in the 1950s waiting on the Catford down platform
for the 16:12 home from school and...
Forum: London Transport July 29th 11, 04:41 PM
Replies: 87
Thameslink North South connections

"Paul Scott" wrote in
:

Tattenham Corner - Welwyn Garden City

That must be one of the more obscure pairings. I...
Forum: London Transport June 8th 11, 08:36 AM
Replies: 7
Cost of the abandoned Rapid Project, obtained under the Freedom of Information Act

Offramp wrote in news:3ebb8c47-d448-4ed1-967a-
:

You may have seen Bus Inspectors using PDAs to check addresses and
issue penalty...
Forum: London Transport May 10th 11, 05:24 PM
Replies: 65
Croxley Rail Link "Exhibition" dates

On May 9, 6:23*am, 1506 wrote:
[...] Why do our friends across the Irish sea reverse
the word order (e.g. County Carlow) I wonder?

"...
Forum: London Transport April 21st 11, 11:02 AM
Replies: 88
What does it take to be a Transport Correspondent?

Peter Fox wrote in
:

The use of "engine" for electric motor is unheard of.

What about winding engines in mines? I can see...
Forum: London Transport April 20th 11, 09:58 AM
Replies: 29
Mail Rail exploration

"John Salmon" wrote in
:

"Arthur Figgis" wrote

What are the chances of getting a ride on...
Forum: London Transport March 7th 11, 03:34 PM
Replies: 136
Why no assigned platforms?

Roland Perry wrote in
:

Several years ago (when GNER was in charge) they tried to get people to
stand in queues across the concourse [at...
Forum: London Transport November 25th 10, 09:01 AM
Replies: 20
Pedestrianisation Of Oxford Street This Weekend

Tom Anderson wrote in
:

What we need is some sort of aerial contraption that moves people
around at a separated,...
Forum: London Transport November 24th 10, 03:47 PM
Replies: 18
Congestion Charge changes, was Casual User BorisBikes from 20101203 and CC Auto Pay from 20110104

"Mizter T" wrote in
:

With regards to CC Auto Pay - this isn't a brand new idea on the
scene, it was certainly around in the...
Forum: London Transport November 17th 10, 08:20 AM
Replies: 44
Waterloo concourse ideas - NR press release

Bruce wrote in
:

The scheme looks good. It does not detract from the fine architecture
of the listed building ...

I...
Forum: London Transport August 11th 10, 12:33 PM
Replies: 127
Welsh money, was: Does London Underground accept Euros anywhere?

1506 wrote in
:

Sadly there is no currency valid in Wales that has
the names Wales or Cymru on it!

There...
Forum: London Transport July 6th 10, 08:57 AM
Replies: 93
Senior Pass acceptance

Roland Perry wrote in news:snSYsFqVNtMMFAt5
@perry.co.uk:

In message , at 07:08:34 on Tue, 6
Jul 2010, Paul Terry...
Forum: London Transport June 29th 10, 01:49 PM
Replies: 158

Chris Tolley (ukonline really) wrote in
:

I have always wondered why I've never seen a courge.

Une courge is a vegetable...
Forum: London Transport June 15th 10, 04:46 PM
Replies: 93
Senior Pass acceptance

Matt J Forbes wrote in
:

It seems to take a knowledgeable driver a fraction
of a second to press a few...
Forum: London Transport June 14th 10, 11:42 AM
Replies: 93
Senior Pass acceptance

Matt J Forbes wrote in news:33fcfcd6-3ce5-435a-b581-
:

In Portsmouth, the two major operators (First Hants & Dorset and
Stagecoach)...
Forum: London Transport June 1st 10, 10:31 AM
Replies: 14
"£30m sits unused on London Oyster travel cards "

Mizter T wrote in
:

I don't think there's any big deal or problem here at all,
was just interesting...
Forum: London Transport March 19th 10, 11:22 AM
Replies: 87
Heathrow T3 exit time

Theo Markettos wrote in
:

Would anyone care to hazard a guess at roughly how long it might take
from official...
Forum: London Transport March 11th 10, 05:15 PM
Replies: 31
Oyster PAYG

Roland Perry wrote in news:Fj
:

I agree. I've seen the morning wave of commuters marching south along
the main shopping aisle (from the FCC and...
Forum: London Transport March 11th 10, 05:13 PM
Replies: 94
M23 northbound, was BAA & HEX/CONnect Cash In On Tube Line Closure

Mizter T wrote in
:

Even if one is heading for 'central' south London then I've been told
that leaving...
Forum: London Transport December 17th 09, 11:18 AM
Replies: 28
Doubledecker overturns in Battersea

Peter Beale wrote in news:7ouiqsF3rst58U1
@mid.individual.net:

Forum: London Transport November 5th 09, 04:11 PM
Replies: 12
KXSP Northern Ticket Hall diagram

Roland Perry wrote in news:YvkmSwjLbt8KFAy8
@perry.co.uk:

... the old Thameslink station
... will indeed be kept in use
as an entrance to the station.

Only for...
Forum: London Transport November 4th 09, 11:18 AM
Replies: 26
Oxford Circus crossing

"Ian F." wrote in
:

As a Balham resident, I'm still reeling that allegedly £1m was spent
on this crossing when we have had...
Forum: London Transport November 2nd 09, 12:26 PM
Replies: 15
Are droids really that stupid

"Paul Scott" wrote in
:

Ah, [after some delay while searches previous posts] - I see Paul
Corfield reported the T/Cs...
Forum: London Transport September 18th 09, 12:30 PM
Replies: 22
Furious Boris orders TfL to restore the Thames on the new map

MIG wrote in news:88c6b915-df21-423f-a265-
:

On 17 Sep, 19:37, Paul Terry wrote:
In message
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24