Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: amogles
Forum: London Transport July 10th 12, 01:53 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By amogles
London Paddington Shenanigans

On 10 Jul., 13:07, 77002 wrote:

Brunel turns in his grave. *But given the way Paddington has been
abused, Brunel the younger has turned in his grave for some years.-

I guess...
Forum: London Transport June 11th 12, 02:24 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By amogles
Paddington Station H&C Platforms

AFAIAA they are going to convert P12/P13 into a full length platform, but I
haven't seen it in anything official yet....
Forum: London Transport March 5th 12, 02:22 PM
Replies: 46
Posted By amogles
London Bridge - Paddington by cab

The Jubilee platforms at London Bridge are a bit 'journey to the
centre of the earth', and the headways are generally dire, at any...
Forum: London Transport February 7th 12, 02:56 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By amogles
First rule of politics: If your opponent has a great idea, copy it!

It also means that some realistic use-cases, such as "quickly nipping
over to X to buy a Y" become single journeys, unless you have...
Forum: London Transport December 21st 11, 11:13 AM
Replies: 78
Posted By amogles
Modern double deck trams

On 20 Dez., 17:47, Neil Williams wrote:

Articulations and double deck vehicles are generally not compatible.
In all...
Forum: London Transport December 20th 11, 10:35 AM
Replies: 78
Posted By amogles
Modern double deck trams

Since trams tend to have priority at traffic lights on surface routes
anyway, the tunnels exist for the benefit of road...
Forum: London Transport December 20th 11, 09:48 AM
Replies: 78
Posted By amogles
Modern double deck trams

On 20 Dez., 11:46, bob wrote:

And of course the largest DD rolling stock of the lot are the formerly
Hawker Siddeley now Bombardier cars developed for GO. *I've only
ridden...
Forum: London Transport December 20th 11, 09:39 AM
Replies: 78
Posted By amogles
Modern double deck trams

On 20 Dez., 11:27, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2011\12\20 08:57, Graham Harrison wrote:

I can't find a tram related newsgroup.

I've sometimes wondered why...
Forum: London Transport December 20th 11, 08:54 AM
Replies: 78
Posted By amogles
Modern double deck trams

On 20 Dez., 10:46, amogles wrote:
On 20 Dez., 09:57, "Graham Harrison"

And, I am aware of the new double deck trams in...
Forum: London Transport December 20th 11, 08:46 AM
Replies: 78
Posted By amogles
Modern double deck trams

On 20 Dez., 09:57, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:

And, I am aware of the new double deck trams in Hong Kong.

Alexandria also has some double-deck trams. I...
Forum: London Transport November 4th 11, 07:55 AM
Replies: 105
Posted By amogles
London Hub proposal published by Halcrow/Foster+Partners

On Nov 4, 9:23*am, Roland Perry wrote:

A few head west over Reading, but others turn over Windsor. It depends
where they are going.

I've always wondeed why Windsor castle...
Forum: London Transport November 3rd 11, 03:18 PM
Replies: 105
Posted By amogles
London Hub proposal published by Halcrow/Foster+Partners

An interesting read. Though I'm not sure about the "high speed" aspect
of the orbital. At the M25 the radial main lines aren't...
Forum: London Transport November 1st 11, 08:26 AM
Replies: 200
Posted By amogles
Heathrow to western GWML link under consideration

I think they believe the Heathrow Connect/HEx free shuttles fulfil that
need. Although I agree that elsewhere (I can think of...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 11, 04:06 PM
Replies: 75
Posted By amogles
Platforms with two numbers

On Oct 12, 9:01*pm, "John Salmon" wrote:
"Richard" *wrote

That makes me wonder, are there any stations in the UK or elsewhere that
have a continuous platform with...
Forum: London Transport October 11th 11, 09:45 AM
Replies: 156
Posted By amogles
"Heathrow and Gatwick airports: Ministers mull rail link" (twixtthe two)

On Oct 9, 9:06*am, "tim...." wrote:

But it only works if turn up and go fares are available at rock bottom
prices, which is almost certainly unlikely to happen

If...
Forum: London Transport October 11th 11, 08:30 AM
Replies: 156
Posted By amogles
"Heathrow and Gatwick airports: Ministers mull rail link" (twixtthe two)

How exactly does a rail link between LHR and LGW increase *air*
capacity? *The problem at Heathrow is said to be that the...
Forum: London Transport April 5th 11, 04:03 PM
Replies: 110
Posted By amogles
Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

Yes, it is. The real problem is Joe Public's complete lack of patience
these days. Previously, they'd work it out for themselves that...
Forum: London Transport January 5th 11, 11:15 AM
Replies: 80
Posted By amogles
Crossrail western termunus

On 30 Dez. 2010, 20:56, Philip wrote:

And how do you think the Bristol and Norwich passengers will feel
about travelling in rapid transit...
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 10, 12:24 PM
Replies: 95
Posted By amogles
BBC London News

On 23 Nov., 13:00, Graeme wrote:

And that's what the broadcasters generally have to work from.

However, if information is cryptic and unclear, the least they can...
Forum: London Transport September 21st 10, 12:28 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By amogles
Could isolation transformers prevent electrocution on LU tracks?

On 20 Sep., 22:23, "Ray Shafranski" wrote:

You can't use a transformer on a DC system, that is totally impossible.
Transformers ONLY work on AC.

I supose the OP meant...
Forum: London Transport July 27th 10, 12:49 PM
Replies: 262
Posted By amogles
'Ending' "the war on the motorist"

I believe that they make a small net loss (ie, raise less than they
cost), but that's probably not the real reason for...
Forum: London Transport July 1st 10, 08:42 AM
Replies: 158
Posted By amogles
Loogahgbaroogah

You get Bay-zill (Basil), Fill-ey (Fillet but pronounced as the French
would??!?), Erbs (Herbs) and several others that I can't...
Forum: London Transport June 7th 10, 12:38 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By amogles
1928 equipment causing commuter misery at Edgware Road Tube

"When there was only one line for the whole of London" What can that
refer to? Neither telephones nor rail lines makes much sense in...
Forum: London Transport May 28th 10, 08:13 AM
Replies: 69
Posted By amogles
"Crossrail budget may be slashed by a third"

On 28 Mai, 10:06, Chris Tolley (ukonline
really) wrote:

Surely deep cuts always were inevitable with Crossrail...

Really? I thought they were going to use a tunneling...
Forum: London Transport May 27th 10, 03:23 PM
Replies: 69
Posted By amogles
"Crossrail budget may be slashed by a third"

I hope they are almost working out how much more it would cost to
correc these omissions at a later point. Extending platforms on an
existing line or adding a station will cause seemingly endless...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32

Forum Jump