Showing results 1 to 25 of 47
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Forum: London Transport January 29th 09, 12:37 PM
Replies: 48
Posted By [email protected]
Stratford International opening date?

Andrew Heenan wrote:
Political pressure seems to have already guaranteed a token service for
Ashford, but Stratford is so close to St. P-I, that it'll take a political
storm...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 07, 08:35 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By [email protected]
Rumours of Eurostar never stopping at Stratford

This, of course would lead to the French retaliating by renaming the
Gare du Nord after a great French military victory over the English.

Oh, wait a minute. Something's not quite right...
Forum: London Transport March 17th 07, 09:30 PM
Replies: 52
Posted By [email protected]
How's this for being hypocritical?

Clive. wrote:
If It worked then I can't see why it wouldn't now.

A simple, single point: Climate scientists are perfectly capable of
hypothesising such things, and...
Forum: London Transport January 24th 07, 08:21 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
parking spaces at North Woolwich

Mizter T wrote:

I guess what people heard on the radio were former car park users being
annoyed as they can't park there because the car park capacity is now
much less. I...
Forum: London Transport January 14th 07, 09:53 PM
Replies: 92
Posted By [email protected]
Boys killed by Underground train after spraying graffiti

John B wrote:
Fine. So it's self defence, you're acquitted, and all is fine legally.
It's only if you try and kill him *while he's running away* that
there's a problem.

It...
Forum: London Transport December 13th 06, 10:43 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Oyster + Barclaycard (or Barclays Connect) from mid-2007

Mizter T wrote:
payment functions - Oyster along with Visa's new 'Wave and Pay' system
for payments up to £10 (a quick transaction without need for a PIN
intended as an...
Forum: London Transport November 24th 06, 09:02 PM
Replies: 55
Posted By [email protected]
Camera cost

Brimstone wrote:
Nope: that's a unit of speed or velocity.

Quite, it represents the frequency with which a given unit passes over a
given distance.

"Rate"

#Paul
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 06, 09:18 PM
Replies: 55
Posted By [email protected]
Camera cost

Adrian wrote:
Oh, I dunno...

Driver A does 5,000 miles per year, and gets one speeding ticket every
three years.

Driver B does 50,000 miles per year, and gets one...
Forum: London Transport July 29th 06, 09:43 AM
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
Soho power problems close Oxforc Circus again

Mizter T wrote:
And renewable energy is about much more than just windmills.

In any case, put the windmills in a sufficiently diverse variety
of locations, and the chances of...
Forum: London Transport December 31st 05, 02:25 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By [email protected]
The tube strike is right!

Dom1234 wrote:
1. The Mayor wants the tube to run all night on NYE
2. Part of the 35 hour week deal was that staff would work NYE for NO EXTRA
pay.
3. Last NYE as...
Forum: London Transport November 9th 05, 08:10 AM
Replies: 53
Posted By [email protected]
Ticket inspections on the Tube

"tim \(moved to sweden\)" wrote:

The discussion had moved on to a question about the legality of
them demanding a ticket check from someone that they had seen
Forum: London Transport August 19th 05, 09:13 PM
Replies: 48
Posted By [email protected]
Licencing reforms & the tube

James Farrar wrote:
Seriously, perhaps that is what is needed. Close one line at a time
in its entirety, and completely re-lay the track, signalling and other
Forum: London Transport July 11th 05, 04:21 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By [email protected]
timescale wrong

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
if one person could in practice have planted both bombs.

How easy would it be for someone to get on a carriage and
off at the next stop, leaving a...
Forum: London Transport July 10th 05, 10:29 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Tube Drivers Involved in Bombing

Brimstone wrote:
wrote:
I was asked by several customers to thank our station staff
Forum: London Transport July 9th 05, 10:45 PM
Replies: 12

Paul Weaver wrote:
I was asked by several customers to thank our station staff
who had handled the evacuation of the station so calmly and
professionally.

Forum: London Transport July 8th 05, 06:27 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
London Explosions

umpston wrote:
That is certainly a possibility, amongst others (including multiple
suicides). It wouldn't be the first time a bomber blew himself up by
accident whilst on...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 05, 08:41 AM
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Oyster communication failure

Clive wrote:
In message ,
writes
Folding the buggy does not magically make all bus drivers and/or...
Forum: London Transport July 2nd 05, 10:37 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Oyster communication failure

Clive wrote:
writes
Try bus driving for a week, if you don't end up plonking
Forum: London Transport July 2nd 05, 01:15 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Oyster communication failure

Clive wrote:
Try bus driving for a week, if you don't end up plonking somebody you're
either extremely patient or on something.

A bit like trying to get child+buggy...
Forum: London Transport July 1st 05, 06:49 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By [email protected]
Buggies are wheelchairs!

Ian F. wrote:

But the design of buses has improved and...
Forum: London Transport June 30th 05, 09:45 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By [email protected]
Buggies are wheelchairs!

Clive wrote:
In message ,
writes
they've got a buggy and child to shift.
They are masters of...
Forum: London Transport June 29th 05, 08:44 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By [email protected]
Buggies are wheelchairs!

Paul Corfield wrote:
At least you were only glared at. I've been bashed into,
had my feet run over and witnessed all out warfare being
buggy toting mothers.

Of course...
Forum: London Transport June 27th 05, 09:06 PM
Replies: 54
Posted By [email protected]
London Buses - they got a special on light bulbs or something?

Martin Underwood wrote:
Very interesting. There are some interesting features that we could do with
adopting he I like the idea of the red light as well as the green light
Forum: London Transport June 22nd 05, 08:43 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Heathrow Connect - can't connect !!

thoss wrote:
In article ,
c.uk writes
If laden down with luggage (and possibly children), doing Jubilee-
Forum: London Transport June 21st 05, 10:14 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By [email protected]
Heathrow Connect - can't connect !!

Boltar wrote:
I never understood the real point of services from paddington. Unless you
live in or near the paddington area or routes leading into it then
you've still...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 47

Forum Jump