Old May 7th 09, 08:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Journey history with a Bank problem?

As of today 7 May my Oyster journey history is showing only to 29
April ("it normally takes 48 hours for journeys to be added to your
statement") with a Entry in Notting Hill Gate £4 gobbled, to leave
£2.90 and no exit. The exit was Bank within the 2hr limit. Some
previous journeys also involving Bank as entry and exit are also
wrong. Has the station had a credit crunch?

It seems weird that my merry trips (Ladbroke Grove, White City,
KingsX, and several buses) all show but Bank is last there on the
20th despite being visited as part of all those journeys. Methinks a
puzzling phone call will need to be made. No, I didn't vault the gates
at Bank.
--
Old anti-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com appears broke
So back to cmylod at bigfoot dot com

Old May 7th 09, 08:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Colum Mylod" wrote in message

As of today 7 May my Oyster journey history is showing only to 29
April ("it normally takes 48 hours for journeys to be added to your
statement") with a Entry in Notting Hill Gate £4 gobbled, to leave
£2.90 and no exit. The exit was Bank within the 2hr limit. Some
previous journeys also involving Bank as entry and exit are also
wrong. Has the station had a credit crunch?

It seems weird that my merry trips (Ladbroke Grove, White City,
KingsX, and several buses) all show but Bank is last there on the
20th despite being visited as part of all those journeys. Methinks a
puzzling phone call will need to be made. No, I didn't vault the gates
at Bank.

I'm also finding a lot of missed journeys or missing entry/exit points
in my Oyster journey history over the last few weeks. But when I did a
full check, the balance is correct. So I'm guessing that the underlying
transaction system is working properly, but the reporting is broken.

Old May 7th 09, 09:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 7, 9:48 pm, "Recliner" wrote:

"Colum Mylod" wrote:

[...]

This problem has cropped up beforehand - for whatever reason the
online journey history (via the web account) can get out of sync with
the data held on the central Oyster database. And it's the
transactions held on the central Oyster database that's the definitive
record.

If you look at the journey history on a touchscreen Tube ticket
machine (which is most of them these days) then you can see your
recent journey history - specifically the last eight or ten journeys,
depending on the type of ticket machine - and this screen will also
flag up any unresolved journeys (i.e. those that you'd get charged £4
for).

I'd be prepared to bet that if you were to do this you wouldn't find
that you'd been overcharged - in other words, the problem is with the
online journey history.

I'm wondering if it's possibly connected to the upgrade of the PAYG
system, and thus a resulting upgrade of the online journey history
system. Note that I'm not making any excuses though - it's certainly
not good enough, not least because it just ends up leaving punters
confused.
Old May 7th 09, 09:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Colum Mylod" wrote:

[...]

Yes, I thought it must be something like that. But given that this is
possibly a common fault, perhaps there should be an on-line warning of
potential errors, together with a simple way of reporting them?

Certainly, my first reaction was that there must have been some
expensive unresolved journeys, but it appears not. But I needed to do
some spreadsheet work to be sure.

Old May 8th 09, 05:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I will be able to re-verify the card's records at a machine this
evening. Thanks for the good answers. Unfortunately for me, I use the
JH for expense claims (and even to remember where I was on some whacky
weeks, and if a journey was £2.20 peak or £1.60 off peak - the
difference does add up).

The current malaise appears to be worse than the old long-gap but at
least *consistent* updates.

Old May 8th 09, 09:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Certainly, my first reaction was that there must have been some
expensive unresolved journeys, but it appears not. But I needed to do
some spreadsheet work to be sure.

I've also suffered missing entries, but with a correct overall
balance. Am I alone in thinking that the online display is
unnecessarily confusing? The "Fare" column doesn't actually show the
fare for a journey (except for a bus) - it shows debits and credits.
I'm interested in your spreadsheet - does anyone have anything that
you can just paste the journey history into and it actually shows the
fares charged??

Tim

Old May 8th 09, 12:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 8, 6:29*am, Colum Mylod wrote:
I will be able to re-verify the card's records at a machine this
evening. Thanks for the good answers. Unfortunately for me, I use the
JH for expense claims (and even to remember where I was on some whacky
weeks, and if a journey was £2.20 peak or £1.60 off peak - the
difference does add up).

I'm sure you're already aware that tube ticket offices can give you a
printout of your last 8 journeys, which should do the trick for
expenses claims.

I noticed lately that White City has been missing from my online
journey history since April 19th. Wood Lane hasn't shown up for a
recent entry, but the auto top-up did register there.
I emailed Oyster Online support to ask if they knew what the problem
was, but they took six weeks to reply to me last time, so I'm not
holding my breath.
Old May 8th 09, 02:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Martin Deutsch" wrote in message

On May 8, 6:29 am, Colum Mylod wrote:
I will be able to re-verify the card's records at a machine this
evening. Thanks for the good answers. Unfortunately for me, I use the
JH for expense claims (and even to remember where I was on some
whacky weeks, and if a journey was £2.20 peak or £1.60 off peak - the
difference does add up).

I'm sure you're already aware that tube ticket offices can give you a
printout of your last 8 journeys, which should do the trick for
expenses claims.

I noticed lately that White City has been missing from my online
journey history since April 19th. Wood Lane hasn't shown up for a
recent entry, but the auto top-up did register there.
I emailed Oyster Online support to ask if they knew what the problem
was, but they took six weeks to reply to me last time, so I'm not
holding my breath.

As a matter of interest, is there anyone whose on-line Oyster journey
history contains no omissions at all?

Old May 9th 09, 04:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 8 May 2009 15:45:12 +0100, "Recliner"
wrote:

"Martin Deutsch" wrote in message

I'm sure you're already aware that tube ticket offices can give you a
printout of your last 8 journeys, which should do the trick for
expenses claims.

If you can get to a ticket office when it's staffed, and don't make
new journeys in the meantime that push the unclaimed ones off the
list-of-8! Which can happen to me. I wish TfL would do an "Amsterdam"
and put a printer into the top-up machines a la OV-kaart.

I use snapper plugin in Firefox to grab the journey history and upload
it. A printout means a scan, though the printout is clearer (which can
be a disadvantage when claiming! All those £4 debits look good.)

As a matter of interest, is there anyone whose on-line Oyster journey
history contains no omissions at all?

Mine was pretty good (not noticing omissions) up to March. Delayed
maybe: from yesterday to perhaps 2 weeks delay in showing up. It turns
out that my card's balance is correct, but Bank has indeed gone
missing from the JH.

TFL are missing another trick he there's no point worrying all of
us when a simple professional status web page would suffice. It would
cause fewer calls to their call centre.

Old May 10th 09, 07:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 8, 1:59*pm, Martin Deutsch wrote:

I noticed lately that White City has been missing from my online
journey history since April 19th. Wood Lane hasn't shown up for a
recent entry, but the auto top-up did register there.
I emailed Oyster Online support to ask if they knew what the problem
was, but they took six weeks to reply to me last time, so I'm not
holding my breath.

TfL's response has been to, er, send me a PDF of my complete journey
history for the past three months. Useful all the same, but not
exactly answering my question!