Old December 11th 03, 04:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

Default Oystercards at shared LU/NR stations

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:21:03 -0000, "Colin"
wrote:

As has been said here before, SWT have no interest in Oystercards. It may be
of benefit to their customers, but it just gives them a headache having to
provide portable readers etc. and having to deal with different systems.

But they have to accept them on their trains - and if they can't read
them (which they can't) they have to trust you to have a valid card.
So its in their interest to get readers.

I suspect that the only reason they are having their ticket offices fitted
out to cope with Oystercards is to meet their obligations to LUL, and to be
able to sell LUL tickets to LUL customers who have Oystercards.

Ah - I already have an Oystercard - if I ask them to load an annual
onto it I wonder how much I would be charged. I could ask them but it
is out of my way to go there (not my closest station) so I don't wan't
to go there until they get the machines. Has anyone had an oystercard
issued/loaded at Richmond ticket office?

If you buy a season ticket from Richmond you will undoubtedly be classed as
a SWT customer as opposed to an LUL customer.

Probably and that is better for me (cheaper renewal and free tickets)
- but I would like to use my Oystercard :-)

Thanks for your reply.

Kevin

Old December 11th 03, 04:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 21:42:10 +0000, Martin Summerfield
wrote:

Richmond ticket office IS being equipped to issue Oystercards, and will
doing so in the near future, as will Wimbledon.

So it isn't yet?

Thanks for the info

Kevin
Old December 11th 03, 04:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

wrote:

Richmond ticket office IS being equipped to issue Oystercards, and will
doing so in the near future, as will Wimbledon.

I just noticed your sig after I replied - do you know when they will
go live? i.e. will it be before the 3 Jan when my ticket expires?

Thanks

Kevin
Old December 11th 03, 05:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , K
writes
wrote:

Richmond ticket office IS being equipped to issue Oystercards, and will
doing so in the near future, as will Wimbledon.

I just noticed your sig after I replied - do you know when they will
go live? i.e. will it be before the 3 Jan when my ticket expires?

Thanks

Kevin

Don't know yet - but before the end of the year!
--
Martin Summerfield
Old December 12th 03, 12:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I've read on here that some shared Tube/National rail stations will be
issuing Oystercards soon. Have they started doing this yet? My
nearest is Richmond - does this sell them yet? Also, will they be a
tfl issued ticket or a South West trains one? I ask, because there is
a differnce in price (5% discount on a SWT annual).

I travel from Kew and have been trying to get *any* information I can
on this. After not getting a response from the oystercard help line, I
tried phoning TranSys (the consortium that manages oyster). The person
I talked to on the phone said that negotiations were still proceeding
for how to deploy oyster at shared stations. He said there was no
target date for even the negotiations to conclude. With an attitude
like that it could be a while before we actually see anything.

I was thinking it would at least be a decent stop gap to link the
barriers to the network so cards bought online could be charged at the
barrier. After exchanging emails with Paul Corfield I can see that
this may not be such a good idea as you'd be stuck if the barriers
were out of order and had to buy an ordinary (non-oyster) ticket.

-- Harry