Old August 2nd 11, 08:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.air

Default Heathrow PRT pods now in service at last?

"Recliner" wrote:
[...]
One slightly annoying thing about LHR T5 is the way that it so blatantly
steers would be rail pax towards HEx rather than the Piccadilly Line. They
even have a sales person at the customs exit, and all the leaflets are for
HEx. The ticket office sells Oyster cards, but there's nothing to tell
would-be buyers about them. I also couldn't see any sign that the machines
would see Oyster cards. I recently advised a couple of first-time
visitors to London to ensure they bought Oyster cards and took the Tube
(ideal for their hotel), and the ticket office was quite surprised to
encounter tourists who knew to ask for them.

There are at least some 'proper' London Underground TVMs at T5, which of
course are equipped to deal with Oyster... here's a photo of one of them
(replete with an annoying semi-coherent caption):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/anthonyfalla/3089867296/

Old August 2nd 11, 08:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.air

On 02/08/2011 09:55, Mizter T wrote:

"Recliner" wrote:
[...]
[...]

What discount cards might one have for travelling on TfL?

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail
Old August 2nd 11, 09:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.air

In message , at 09:58:29 on Tue, 2
Aug 2011, Graeme Wall remarked:

What discount cards might one have for travelling on TfL?

Child photocard.
Old August 2nd 11, 10:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.air

On 02/08/2011 10:53, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 09:58:29 on Tue, 2
Aug 2011, Graeme Wall remarked:

What discount cards might one have for travelling on TfL?

Child photocard.

I would assume the machines at T5 are standard and would have the same
options as elsewhere on the system.

Old August 2nd 11, 10:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.air

In message , at 11:02:48 on Tue, 2
Aug 2011, Graeme Wall remarked:

What discount cards might one have for travelling on TfL?

Child photocard.

I would assume the machines at T5 are standard and would have the same
options as elsewhere on the system.

So you accept there are such discount cards... and so all we need to
find out is why the caption writer thinks the machine won't take them.
My dim recollection is that child tickets can only be purchased at a
ticket window.

Old August 2nd 11, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.air

On 02/08/2011 11:11, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:02:48 on Tue, 2
Aug 2011, Graeme Wall remarked:

What discount cards might one have for travelling on TfL?

Child photocard.

I would assume the machines at T5 are standard and would have the same
options as elsewhere on the system.

So you accept there are such discount cards...

Did I ever say anything different or are you just trying to start a
fight again?

Old August 2nd 11, 11:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.air

In message , at 12:30:10 on Tue, 2
Aug 2011, Graeme Wall remarked:

What discount cards might one have for travelling on TfL?

Child photocard.

I would assume the machines at T5 are standard and would have the same
options as elsewhere on the system.

So you accept there are such discount cards...

Did I ever say anything different or are you just trying to start a
fight again?

Your question (first line above) implies you don't think there are any
such discounts. But nice try.
Old August 2nd 11, 12:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.air

On 02/08/2011 12:55, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:30:10 on Tue, 2
Aug 2011, Graeme Wall remarked:

What discount cards might one have for travelling on TfL?

Child photocard.

I would assume the machines at T5 are standard and would have the same
options as elsewhere on the system.

So you accept there are such discount cards...

Did I ever say anything different or are you just trying to start a
fight again?

Your question (first line above) implies you don't think there are any
such discounts. But nice try.

So you are trying to start a fight, thought so.

Old August 2nd 11, 12:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.air

In message , at 13:00:08 on Tue, 2
Aug 2011, Graeme Wall remarked:

So you are trying to start a fight, thought so.

Trying to bring some closure to that aspect of your response. But your
reaction means I failed miserably.

Is it closed now, or are you going to fight on?
Old August 2nd 11, 01:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.air

On 02/08/2011 13:40, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 13:00:08 on Tue, 2
Aug 2011, Graeme Wall remarked:

So you are trying to start a fight, thought so.

Trying to bring some closure to that aspect of your response. But your
reaction means I failed miserably.

Is it closed now, or are you going to fight on?

Roland, stop fishing.

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail

Heathrow T5 Pods (aka 'ULTra PRT') begin three week "confidence trials". Mizter T London Transport 1 April 19th 11 05:46 PM
London trains, swiping the yellow pods grusl London Transport 10 August 4th 08 11:32 AM
Heathrow pods Boltar London Transport 4 December 18th 07 10:52 AM
Strange sight in Thurrock - PRT? John Rowland London Transport 11 May 22nd 06 08:52 AM
BAA to build ULTra PRT in Heathrow John Rowland London Transport 96 May 20th 06 01:00 PM