Old August 5th 11, 08:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.air

Default Heathrow PRT pods now in service at last?

On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 19:09:01 +0200
Neil Williams wrote:
On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 08:44:46 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:
It depends what ship. Dover-calais ferry full of screaming brats?

Hmmm...

Try the bar, normally they aren't in there.

I'll take your word for it but given how every other pub these days seems
to think its a great idea to allow kids in (whatever happened to the over
18s only rule?) to scream and make a bloody nuisance of themselves I
wonder how long that'll last?

B2003

Old August 5th 11, 08:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.air

On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 19:34:30 +0100
Bruce wrote:
We are planning a week (or possibly two) with friends around Valencia
then a week (or possibly two) exploring the north coast, at least in
part by metre gauge railway. Total three weeks.

If you mean the Feve system be warned that while the electrified lines
seem to have good services the non electrified line west from Santander has
something like 2 or 3 trains a day according to the timetable. But we actually
stayed a few hundred metres from it and never saw or heard a single train
the entire week we were there.

B2003

Old August 5th 11, 07:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Paul
Cummins wrote:
If you can direct me to any sea shore within an hour's drive of
Aylesbury - driving at legal speeds - I would be very grateful.

Sea (open salt water) from Aylesbury is probably Severn Beach or Coryton on the
Thames estuary.

Looking at a map, Coryton is somewhat closer.

Google Maps reckons 1h40 to Southend-on-Sea. Of that, nearly 40 minutes
is from Aylesbury to the M25; is it really that slow? Severn Beach is
shown as 2h15.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Mobile: +44 7973 377646 | Web: http://www.davros.org
Old August 6th 11, 04:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport.air

On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 20:09:05 +0100
Bruce wrote:
I'll take your word for it but given how every other pub these days seems
to think its a great idea to allow kids in (whatever happened to the over
18s only rule?) to scream and make a bloody nuisance of themselves I
wonder how long that'll last?

You might find this useful:
http://www.beerandpub.com/industryAr...x?articleId=80

"The Licensing Act 2003 swept away the vast majority of restrictions on
allowing children in pubs."

What a surprise - another Nu Labour **** up.

B2003

Heathrow T5 Pods (aka 'ULTra PRT') begin three week "confidence trials". Mizter T London Transport 1 April 19th 11 05:46 PM
London trains, swiping the yellow pods grusl London Transport 10 August 4th 08 11:32 AM
Heathrow pods Boltar London Transport 4 December 18th 07 10:52 AM
Strange sight in Thurrock - PRT? John Rowland London Transport 11 May 22nd 06 08:52 AM
BAA to build ULTra PRT in Heathrow John Rowland London Transport 96 May 20th 06 01:00 PM