Old September 11th 11, 01:32 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default Heathrow to western GWML link under consideration

In message e.net, at
14:21:13 on Sun, 11 Sep 2011, Mark Goodge
remarked:
I'm sure there are New Zealanders with family in Wales. Why shouldn't they
want to visit them?

And swap pictures of sheep Baa!
Old September 11th 11, 05:12 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 14:21:13 +0100
Mark Goodge wrote:
Anyone who spends 24 hours in an aircraft to go to a land full of sheep
and hills must be ****ing insane.

I'm sure there are New Zealanders with family in Wales. Why shouldn't they
want to visit them?

If they loved them that much they wouldn't have relocated to the other side
of the planet.

B2003

Old September 11th 11, 07:17 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

In message , at 11:36:29 on Sun, 11
Sep 2011, Clive D. W. Feather remarked:
BA certainly used to have "set-down only" stops. So the flight from
London to Pittsburgh (IIRC) had a set-down stop at Washington Dulles.
Those passengers to Pittsburgh just stayed on the plane while those to
Washington got off, after which the plane continued on its journey.

20 years ago I recall catching a plane that flew Gatwick-Houston-Dallas,
probably a route BA inherited from BCal. We didn't have to get off at
Houston, but I suspect no-one got on either (trade barriers) so we could
be treated as 100% international arrivals in Dallas.
Old September 11th 11, 09:42 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Sep 11, 11:29*am, "Clive D. W. Feather" wrote:

Completely OT, but I got to use the airside bus at Stansted last week.

Dulles used to have those intriguing "mobile lounge" things, did it
not?

Neil

Old September 12th 11, 07:19 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 14:42:16 -0700, Neil Williams wrote:

On Sep 11, 11:29Â*am, "Clive D. W. Feather" wrote:

Completely OT, but I got to use the airside bus at Stansted last week.

Dulles used to have those intriguing "mobile lounge" things, did it not?

Great fun, those things. Very much relics of a future-that-never-was.

--
Speaking for myself, and no-one but myself
Old September 12th 11, 12:23 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Mark Goodge wrote:
Anyone who spends 24 hours in an aircraft to go to a land full of sheep
and hills must be ****ing insane.

I'm sure there are New Zealanders with family in Wales. Why shouldn't they
want to visit them?

If they loved them that much they wouldn't have relocated to the other side
of the planet.

B2003

Didn't Boltar use to be vaguely sane? What happened?
Tim
Old September 12th 11, 12:56 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 05:23:39 -0700 (PDT)
TimB wrote:
If they loved them that much they wouldn't have relocated to the other si=

de
of the planet.

B2003

Didn't Boltar use to be vaguely sane? What happened?

Oh come on, its true. If someone really loves their family they don't move
to the other side of the world to live. For them family ties would be a
stronger bond than moving somewhere new for the sake of it.

B2003

Old September 12th 11, 01:42 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 14:23:46 +0100
Graeme Wall wrote:
Oh come on, its true. If someone really loves their family they don't move
to the other side of the world to live. For them family ties would be a
stronger bond than moving somewhere new for the sake of it.

You are a simple soul aren't you.

My family means a lot more to me than a job and a naff condo in a cultureless
country on the other side of the world. If thats being "simple" then thats
fine by me.

B2003