Old September 13th 11, 12:56 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

Default Heathrow to western GWML link under consideration

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 22:13:34 +0100, Arthur Figgis
wrote:

On 12/09/2011 15:27, d wrote:

No. Experience what? What can I see there that I can't see in europe apart
from the southern cross?

Various types of bird?

Narrow gauge Mk2 carriages.

Old September 13th 11, 06:55 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Sep 12, 6:42*am, wrote:
On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 14:23:46 +0100

Graeme Wall wrote:
Oh come on, its true. If someone really loves their family they don't move
to the other side of the world to live. For them family ties would be a
stronger bond than moving somewhere new for the sake of it.

You are a simple soul aren't you.

My family means a lot more to me than a job and a naff condo in a cultureless
country on the other side of the world. If thats being "simple" then thats
fine by me.

It is precisely because my immediate family means so much to me, that
we moved from England to the Commonwealth of Kentucky in the early
1980s. Our quality of life, and standard of living, improved in so
many ways.
Old September 13th 11, 08:27 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 17:42:18 -0700
Nobody wrote:
boltar2003 seems to be exercisng invective left over from his

Why would i need left over invective? You seem to assume I have a limited
supply of the brand new stuff.

B2003

Old September 13th 11, 08:57 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Sep 12, 5:42*pm, Nobody wrote:
On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 17:18:29 +0100, Graeme Wall

Graeme *wrote:
Oh come on, its true. If someone really loves their family they don't move
to the other side of the world to live. For them family ties would be a
stronger bond than moving somewhere new for the sake of it.

You are a simple soul aren't you.

My family means a lot more to me than a job and a naff condo in a cultureless
country on the other side of the world.

Cultureless? I'm sure the Maoris would object to that description.

Bloody hell! *Pakeha New Zealanders would disagree as well...

boltar2003 seems to be exercisng invective left over from his
unsated homophobic diatribe a few weeks back.

What "homophobic diatribe"? A phobia is a fear. I would be very
surprised if Boltar is afraid of homosexuals.

Old September 13th 11, 09:04 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Sep 13, 10:57*am, 1506 wrote:

What "homophobic diatribe"? *A phobia is a fear. *I would be very
surprised if Boltar is afraid of homosexuals.

Oh, don't be silly. The term "homophobic", while perhaps not strictly
correct in a Latin sense, is widely used to describe someone or
something that is opposed to, rather than strictly scared of,
homosexual people or homosexuality at a concept.

(I have no idea of the content of the posting mentioned, however).

Neil
Old September 13th 11, 09:05 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 01:57:32 -0700 (PDT)
1506 wrote:
What "homophobic diatribe"? A phobia is a fear. I would be very
surprised if Boltar is afraid of homosexuals.

I have nothing against them but these days if you dare critisise any aspect
of anyones lifestyle of culture you're immediately labelled as a "hater" or
whatever the trendy left wing terminology is this week. Especially online
where people seem to make it their mission to be offended by just about
anything.

B2003

Old September 13th 11, 09:09 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On 2011\09\13 10:04, Neil Williams wrote:
On Sep 13, 10:57 am, wrote:

What "homophobic diatribe"? A phobia is a fear. I would be very
surprised if Boltar is afraid of homosexuals.

Oh, don't be silly. The term "homophobic", while perhaps not strictly
correct in a Latin sense, is widely used to describe someone or
something that is opposed to, rather than strictly scared of,
homosexual people or homosexuality at a concept.

Widely used by people whose intention is to smear their opponents with
an accusation of fear.
Old September 13th 11, 09:39 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

1506 wrote:
What "homophobic diatribe"? *A phobia is a fear. *I would be very
surprised if Boltar is afraid of homosexuals.

I have nothing against them but these days if you dare critisise any aspect
of anyones lifestyle of culture you're immediately labelled as a "hater" or
whatever the trendy left wing terminology is this week. Especially online
where people seem to make it their mission to be offended by just about
anything.

Indeed: criticize one of the left's favorite groups, muslims,
homosexuals, et al, and you are phobic, a hate speaker, etc.

OTOH, criticize an "out" group, e.g. Conservatives, smokers,
entrepreneurs, etc., and left wing tolerance mysteriously disappears.
Old September 13th 11, 09:39 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london

On Sep 13, 11:09*am, Basil Jet wrote:

Widely used by people whose intention is to smear their opponents with
an accusation of fear.

And also widely used by people whose intention is nothing of the sort.

Do you know an alternative term in common usage? I can't think of
one.

Neil