Old June 13th 12, 09:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube Wifi

On 12/06/2012 14:01, Neil Williams wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:

I'd be expecting most of the calls from other landlines.

A generational thing I think. I have a landline but pretty much never use
it. As soon as I can get Internet access to my house without it (not a
cabled area) I will get rid of it.

Neil

I have never had a telephone in this flat as I my mobile plan is more
than suitable and I can pay pennies to call abroad via Skype from my
Internet connection.

Old June 13th 12, 09:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 13/06/2012 14:41, David Cantrell wrote:
On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 10:07:51AM -0500, wrote:

Even if you were in a cabled area you'd have to pay for a Virgin Media
landline even if you didn't use it.

These days they'll sell you interweb without phone service.

That's what I have.

Old June 13th 12, 09:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 12/06/2012 14:01, Neil Williams wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:

As for having a landline, I need it for ADSL. I also think it's a bit
rude to expect friends and family to call an expensive mobile number
rather than a landline.

Not expensive if they are calling from their mobile and are also on a
contract with free minutes.

Indeed my latest O2 contract is for unlimited (no doubt with fair use
policy) calls to landlines and mobiles.

Neil

Yeah, but does the plan cover the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands?

Old June 14th 12, 05:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london

" wrote:

Yeah, but does the plan cover the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands?

I have no idea, as I have no cause to call either of those, sorry...

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK. Put first name before the at to reply.

Old June 14th 12, 08:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:

I'd be expecting most of the calls from other landlines.

A generational thing I think. I have a landline but pretty much never use
it. As soon as I can get Internet access to my house without it (not a
cabled area) I will get rid of it.

Neil

I have never had a telephone in this flat as I my mobile plan is more
than suitable and I can pay pennies to call abroad via Skype from my
Internet connection.

Of course when (not if for most people) you lose your phone you'll be
completely screwed until you get a replacement and give everyone your new
number.

B2003

Old June 14th 12, 10:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 14/06/2012 06:42, Neil Williams wrote:

wrote:

Yeah, but does the plan cover the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands?

I have no idea, as I have no cause to call either of those, sorry...

Inclusive minutes on mobile plans don't cover calls to IOM or the
Channel Islands (might be an exception somewhere but I doubt it, given
the interconnection fees).
Old June 14th 12, 10:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Yeah, but does the plan cover the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands?

I have no idea, as I have no cause to call either of those, sorry...

Inclusive minutes on mobile plans don't cover calls to IOM or the
Channel Islands (might be an exception somewhere but I doubt it, given
the interconnection fees).

And when I say interconnection fees, what I actually mean is termination
charges...