Old August 6th 12, 08:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Blunderground triumphs during the Olympics

"Robin" wrote in message ...

Would it kill you to shop at Tesco for a day or two?

No. But then I did mention I wanted something special. I also know
full well that the Tesco stores within easy reach of here during the
games cannot be relied upon to have the full range of Finest food.

You mean that you can tell the difference.

You must be the only one :-)

tim

Old August 6th 12, 08:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 23:01:24 on Sun, 5 Aug 2012,
Robin remarked:

It also would not have killed the Games organisers to tell us about road
closures earlier than 2 weeks before the games.

I thought all the arrangements for road closures had been trailed for
months.
Old August 6th 12, 09:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 12:14:19 +0000 (UTC)
martin_petrov wrote:
On Fri, 03 Aug 2012 08:37:41 +0000, boltar2003 wrote:

So the eastern end of the central line has been shut down twice now
during the Olympics for the usual pathetic excuses. Can Blunderground go
for the hat-trick and win Olympic gold in the synchronised team
incompetance?

I guess you've been saving "London Blunderground" up for this - you must

No, I've used it here before. Google.

be gutted that all you've got is a couple of minor incidents that really
had zero impact on people getting to the games?

Zero impact? Yeah , right. If you think closing the main tube line to the
olympics has zero impact then why not shut it completely and save some money?
Moron.

B2003

Old August 6th 12, 09:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I am not a press officer or anything else at the moment.

I am sorry if my foot trod on any corns on its way into my mouth.

--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid

Old August 6th 12, 09:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I thought all the arrangements for road closures had been trailed for
months.

If only. We had a letter on 8 July about a nearby "vehicle permit
checkpoint". I emailed ' on 14 July as
it was not clear if its references to residents covered us and if so if
our temporary Olympic parking permits sufficed. I had a reply on 19
July telling us that access was for taxis, PHVs and games vehicles only
(plus I think the residents on the travellers site on Hackney Marshes).
So we had in effect less than a week's notice of the closure. I suspect
it was a very late decision because the letter said we could find out
more at getaheadofthegames.com but the control point wasn't even shown
on the map there until I pointed out its omission.

The closure (to the public) was probably the only practicable thing to
do following the re-phasing of the traffic lights at the Lea
Interchange. But the communication was about as opaque
as they could make it; and there was of course no hint of an apology for
the late notice, any inconvenience caused etc.

Old August 6th 12, 09:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2012\08\06 10:14, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Mon, 06 Aug 2012 04:55:50 +0100, Basil Jet
wrote:

On 2012\08\05 23:18, Paul Corfield wrote:

I am not a press officer or anything else at the moment.

Sorry to hear that, Paul, I hope something turns up.

No need to feel sorry - it was my own decision.

I'm still sorry that a job you once loved that much turned that sour.

Old August 6th 12, 09:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

On 2012\08\05 23:18, Paul Corfield wrote:

I am not a press officer or anything else at the moment.

Sorry to hear that, Paul, I hope something turns up.

No need to feel sorry - it was my own decision.

Excellent. We now have our very on dole scrounger on the group who can give
us reports from the frontline, watching jeremy kyle on his sofa.

B2003

Old August 6th 12, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2012-08-06, Mizter T wrote:

On 06/08/2012 10:31, d wrote:
totally unnecessary rudeness from boltar snipped

Why do you revel in being such an epic ****?

He's always been like that, though this one represents a new extreme. I
think we should all conspire to ignore him.

Eric
--
ms fnd in a lbry