Old October 9th 12, 03:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

Default Dartford crossing

In article ,
wrote:
I rarely use the NHS, public transport or council services and I
don't have any kids so I'm paying out far more than I get back from
public services.

And you'll refuse the old age pension when the time comes? By far and
away the biggest single item of 'benefits'

Since I've been paying in for it via national insurance all my working
life why should I refuse it?

Then pray tell the point of your earlier statement - at the top of this
post?

Absolutely typical of the likes of you. 'I don't use any of the services I
don't actually need at the moment, so shouldn't be expected to pay for
them.' So if you suddenly need the NHS, would you then pay the actual
costs?

--
*Starfishes have no brains *

Dave Plowman London SW 12

Old October 9th 12, 03:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

In article ,
wrote:
Anyway , there's no chance of this hairbrained bill making it through.
If it does the tories are finished for a generation as they'll have
****ed their own supporters royally.

Which they did with the poll tax. Saying it would be fair for everyone,
which translates into their very rich pals paying less in proportion.

What I can't understand is how many middle income people get taken in by
it.

--
*When companies ship Styrofoam, what do they pack it in? *

Dave Plowman London SW 12

Old October 9th 12, 03:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 15:58:27 +0100
Dave Plowman wrote:
Just admit you're an envious little **** who doesn't like the idea of
anyone having more collateral than you. No doubt like most lefties
you're a steaming hypocrite and if you ever earn a significant amount of
money (like that'll ever happen short of you winning the lottery) it'll
be a different story.

You're quite an advert for Tories yourself. Just about as full of hate for
others I've seen. But you could seek treatment.

Ah , the defeated lefties last stand - accuse someone of being full of
hate/racist/sexist/mysogynist.

You wouldn't know real hate if it bit you in the ********.

B2003

Old October 9th 12, 03:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 16:01:51 +0100
Dave Plowman wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
I rarely use the NHS, public transport or council services and I
don't have any kids so I'm paying out far more than I get back from
public services.

And you'll refuse the old age pension when the time comes? By far and
away the biggest single item of 'benefits'

Since I've been paying in for it via national insurance all my working
life why should I refuse it?

Then pray tell the point of your earlier statement - at the top of this
post?

What about it? Are you having a problem with simple logic now? I pay more in
than I get out so why wouldn't I get out as much as I can by taking a pension?
What else do you expect me to do - turn up at a hospital when I'm not ill,
travel on PT for "fun"? Muppet.

Absolutely typical of the likes of you. 'I don't use any of the services I
don't actually need at the moment, so shouldn't be expected to pay for
them.' So if you suddenly need the NHS, would you then pay the actual
costs?

I have no problem with paying tax, but I do have a problem with people like
you thinking that everyone who earns a decent living is a bottomless money pit
who can just keep on being squeezed to prop up the lazt and feckless because
like a lot of lefties you apparently seem to think that someones moral
character is in inverse proportion to the size of their paycheque and so the
more someone earns the more they deserve to be screwed over because they're
obviously *******s.

B2003

Old October 9th 12, 04:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Oct 2012 11:08:01 +0100
"tim....." wrote:
Sounds like the idea of some left wing idiot in france who was proposing
a 100% tax on earnings above 100K euros or something. Presumably it
never
occured to his lonely braincell that if all the money above a certain
rate
goes in tax then companies simply won't bother paying above that rate.
I suspect the same happened with a 98% tax which is why they ditched it.

The 98% was only on unearned income [1].

So all the people with serious amounts of unearned income left the country

A bit like the liberal dufflecoats moronic mansion tax then. So if you
bought
your house in the 60s or whenever for 20K

If you bought your house in the 60s for 20K you were ****ing rich

the average price then was 2,500

tim

Old October 9th 12, 04:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 12:29:37 on Tue, 9 Oct
2012, Clive Page remarked:
They were paid for jointly by Essex and Kent County Councils (you probably
don't remember the good old days when County Councils did useful things
like that).

But it was explicitly promised at the time that when they tolls paid for
the cost of construction (and interest etc.) the tunnels would become free
of charge. I expect all those making the promises are now dead,
unfortunately.

In general I am also cynical, but in this case I don't think the County
Council project ever had a hope of breaking even, and had to be bailed
out. In which case, the original promise has little relevance.

why would a county council scheme have significantly more chance of failing
than a commercial one?

tim

Old October 9th 12, 06:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

On 09/10/2012 16:04, Dave Plowman wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
Anyway , there's no chance of this hairbrained bill making it through.
If it does the tories are finished for a generation as they'll have
****ed their own supporters royally.

Which they did with the poll tax. Saying it would be fair for everyone,
which translates into their very rich pals paying less in proportion.

"In proportion" to what?

Are you another one who doesn't know the difference between council tax and
income tax?

What I can't understand is how many middle income people get taken in by
it.

Would you charge "da man" more for a TV licence?

Old October 9th 12, 06:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.driving

On 09/10/2012 17:27, tim..... wrote:

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 12:29:37 on Tue, 9 Oct
2012, Clive Page remarked:
They were paid for jointly by Essex and Kent County Councils (you probably
don't remember the good old days when County Councils did useful things
like that).

But it was explicitly promised at the time that when they tolls paid for
the cost of construction (and interest etc.) the tunnels would become free
of charge. I expect all those making the promises are now dead,
unfortunately.

In general I am also cynical, but in this case I don't think the County
Council project ever had a hope of breaking even, and had to be bailed out.
In which case, the original promise has little relevance.

why would a county council scheme have significantly more chance of failing
than a commercial one?

It's the M25 which has made the Dartford Tunnel into big business.

Thirty and forty years ago it carried far less traffic.