Old April 17th 13, 03:40 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil Jet[_3_] View Post
On 2013\04\16 08:24, Robin9 wrote:
TraVeller13;136735 Wrote:
Hey Roland, walking seems the cheapest way, but I thought of a way that
is much more comfortable.
I go by plane to London and travel with my two children. Usually we take
cabs but it happened very often, that the cab drivers do not have child
safety seats - and we need two. I thougt of a car service that picks us
up at the airport an dirves us to the hotel.
Any affordable ideas?
Thanks

Take your own child safety seats and order a minicab.

Minicab drivers tend to work 12 hour shifts seven days a week. Children
would be safer in a taxi without special seats than in a minicab with
them. I suspect children would be safer riding on the roof of a taxi
wearing a jumpsuit made of banana skins than in the back of a minicab.
It sounds as if you need to find a different minicab firm! Your opinion of the
safety of children in minicabs is obviously not shared by the large number of
parents who take their children to and from school each day by minicab.