Old April 15th 13, 04:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default taxi fares in London

On 2013\04\15 10:33, TraVeller13 wrote:

Hi,

I want to travel to London but not spend to much money on cabs and bad
service. Is there any alternative?

P.s. I hate the tube or busses. makes me fell very uncomfortable.

https://web.barclayscyclehire.tfl.gov.uk/maps

Old April 15th 13, 10:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 15/04/2013 10:33, TraVeller13 wrote:

Hi,

I want to travel to London but not spend to much money on cabs and bad
service. Is there any alternative?

P.s. I hate the tube or busses. makes me fell very uncomfortable.

What is it about the tube and buses that makes you feel uncomfortable?
Understanding this may help us to offer advice.
--
Richard J.
Old April 16th 13, 07:20 AM
Junior Member

Hey Roland, walking seems the cheapest way, but I thought of a way that is much more comfortable.
I go by plane to London and travel with my two children. Usually we take cabs but it happened very often, that the cab drivers do not have child safety seats - and we need two. I thougt of a car service that picks us up at the airport an dirves us to the hotel.
Any affordable ideas?
Thanks
Old April 16th 13, 07:24 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraVeller13 View Post
Hey Roland, walking seems the cheapest way, but I thought of a way that is much more comfortable.
I go by plane to London and travel with my two children. Usually we take cabs but it happened very often, that the cab drivers do not have child safety seats - and we need two. I thougt of a car service that picks us up at the airport an dirves us to the hotel.
Any affordable ideas?
Thanks
Take your own child safety seats and order a minicab.
Old April 16th 13, 07:37 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin9 View Post
Take your own child safety seats and order a minicab.
Two little children, two heavy suitcases and you want me to take my own child seats? I don't think I can handle this.
I searched the internet and found some limousine services. Any ideas if these companies are reliable? They offer an airport transfer.
http://www.blacklane.com/en says that they can guarantee to bring two child seats to the airport.
Has anybody made experiences?

Old April 16th 13, 08:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 08:20:46 on Tue,
16 Apr 2013, TraVeller13
remarked:
I go by plane to London and travel with my two children. Usually we take
cabs but it happened very often, that the cab drivers do not have child
safety seats - and we need two. I thougt of a car service that picks us
up at the airport an dirves us to the hotel.
Any affordable ideas?

It should be possible to pre-book a "private hire" vehicle (often called
an "airport transfer", and specify that you require child seats. You
don't mention the airport (Heathrow/ Gatwick?) but it's likely to be
around £40 to central London from Heathrow and £60 from Gatwick.
Old April 16th 13, 09:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 10:33:30AM +0100, TraVeller13 wrote:

I want to travel to London but not spend to much money on cabs and bad
service. Is there any alternative?

P.s. I hate the tube or busses. makes me fell very uncomfortable.

There are sweaty oiks throughout the west end with rickshaws. I'm sure
one of them would be delighted to serve your every need.

--
David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice

It's my experience that neither users nor customers can articulate
what it is they want, nor can they evaluate it when they see it
-- Alan Cooper
Old April 16th 13, 12:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

TraVeller13 wrote:

I go by plane to London and travel with my two children. Usually we take
cabs but it happened very often, that the cab drivers do not have child
safety seats - and we need two. I thougt of a car service that picks us
up at the airport an dirves us to the hotel.

As UK law does not require the use of child seats in taxis or private hire
vehicles, your only likely option if you nonetheless want them is to take
your own, unless a particular firm does offer that as a value added
service. Sorry!

Neil
--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK. Put first name before the at to reply.
Old April 16th 13, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2013\04\16 08:24, Robin9 wrote:
TraVeller13;136735 Wrote:
Hey Roland, walking seems the cheapest way, but I thought of a way that
is much more comfortable.
I go by plane to London and travel with my two children. Usually we take
cabs but it happened very often, that the cab drivers do not have child
safety seats - and we need two. I thougt of a car service that picks us
up at the airport an dirves us to the hotel.
Any affordable ideas?
Thanks

Take your own child safety seats and order a minicab.

Minicab drivers tend to work 12 hour shifts seven days a week. Children
would be safer in a taxi without special seats than in a minicab with
them. I suspect children would be safer riding on the roof of a taxi
wearing a jumpsuit made of banana skins than in the back of a minicab.
Old April 16th 13, 06:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

TraVeller13;136735 Wrote:
Hey Roland, walking seems the cheapest way, but I thought of a way that
is much more comfortable.
I go by plane to London and travel with my two children. Usually we take
cabs but it happened very often, that the cab drivers do not have child
safety seats - and we need two. I thougt of a car service that picks us
up at the airport an dirves us to the hotel.
Any affordable ideas?
Thanks

Take your own child safety seats and order a minicab.

Minicab drivers tend to work 12 hour shifts seven days a week. Children
would be safer in a taxi without special seats than in a minicab with
them. I suspect children would be safer riding on the roof of a taxi
wearing a jumpsuit made of banana skins than in the back of a minicab.

Black cab drivers will also work 12-hour shifts -- easily.