Old September 6th 13, 05:20 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

You'll still need to check in advance. That "egotistical maniac" Boris Johnson
may be holding one of his cycling festivals and fouling up huge sections of the
road system.

Old September 7th 13, 06:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Thank you LU

On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 19:20:57 +0200
Robin9 wrote:
;138660 Wrote:
I think I'll just stick to the car in future.

--
Spud

You'll still need to check in advance. That "egotistical maniac" Boris
Johnson
may be holding one of his cycling festivals and fouling up huge sections
of the
road system.

Sadly you're probably right. You just can't make any plans for the w/e
in London anymore. This is the bloody UK capital and the largest city in
western europe yet transport wise it seems to be treated like some rural market
town at the weekends. As if 8 million people don't need to travel saturday
or sunday. Its pathetic.

--
Spud

Old September 7th 13, 07:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Saturday, 7 September 2013 11:12:28 UTC-7, wrote:
On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 19:20:57 +0200

Robin9 wrote:

;138660 Wrote:

I think I'll just stick to the car in future.

--

Spud

You'll still need to check in advance. That "egotistical maniac" Boris

Johnson

may be holding one of his cycling festivals and fouling up huge sections

of the

road system.

Sadly you're probably right. You just can't make any plans for the w/e

in London anymore. This is the bloody UK capital and the largest city in

western europe yet transport wise it seems to be treated like some rural market

town at the weekends. As if 8 million people don't need to travel saturday

or sunday. Its pathetic.

The logistics of managing public transit in a rural county with its market towns pales beside the problems of manage London's transit infrastructure.

Did you ever think of looking on the bright side?

Old September 8th 13, 12:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Saturday, September 7, 2013 11:12:28 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 19:20:57 +0200

Robin9 wrote:

;138660 Wrote:

I think I'll just stick to the car in future.

--

Spud

You'll still need to check in advance. That "egotistical maniac" Boris

Johnson

may be holding one of his cycling festivals and fouling up huge sections

of the

road system.

Sadly you're probably right. You just can't make any plans for the w/e

in London anymore. This is the bloody UK capital and the largest city in

western europe yet transport wise it seems to be treated like some rural market

town at the weekends. As if 8 million people don't need to travel saturday

or sunday. Its pathetic.

Corrected.

The logistics of managing public transit in a rural county with its market towns pales beside the problems of managing London's transit infrastructure.

Did you ever think of looking on the bright side?

Old September 8th 13, 12:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sat, 7 Sep 2013 18:12:28 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 19:20:57 +0200
Robin9 wrote:
d;138660 Wrote:
I think I'll just stick to the car in future.

--
Spud

You'll still need to check in advance. That "egotistical maniac" Boris
Johnson
may be holding one of his cycling festivals and fouling up huge sections
of the
road system.

Sadly you're probably right. You just can't make any plans for the w/e
in London anymore. This is the bloody UK capital and the largest city in
western europe yet transport wise it seems to be treated like some rural market
town at the weekends. As if 8 million people don't need to travel saturday
or sunday. Its pathetic.

Of course you can make plans. Tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of
people seem to manage every weekend. Yes there are sometimes events
that close down a few roads but they're publicised weeks and weeks in
advance with "klaxon alert" repeats in the days before hand.

If London was treated as a rural market town then there'd be no trains
and very few buses with the shops closed and perhaps a dozy cricket
match going on. That hardly describes the borough I live in never
mind the entire City.

I think we all understand the basis of your and Robin's complaints but
we cannot do anything to change the situation. Both of you need to
vote for the "miserable git and zero investement and repair" candidate
at the next Mayoral Election. That way your journeys won't be
interrupted by events or works but the City will have a nicely
decaying infrastructure and more miserable population and decliing
tourism revenues. Sounds like a plan to me!

I'm assuming Spud is Boltar?
Old September 8th 13, 04:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 08 Sep 2013 11:50:12 +0100
Paul Corfield wrote:
I think we all understand the basis of your and Robin's complaints but
we cannot do anything to change the situation. Both of you need to
vote for the "miserable git and zero investement and repair" candidate
at the next Mayoral Election. That way your journeys won't be
interrupted by events or works but the City will have a nicely
decaying infrastructure and more miserable population and decliing
tourism revenues. Sounds like a plan to me!

The M25 needs regular maintenance and upgrades. When was the last time almost
the entire road was closed for 2 days because of it?

--
Spud

Old September 8th 13, 04:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 08 Sep 2013 15:28:35 +0100
Paul Corfield wrote:
On Sun, 08 Sep 2013 07:14:55 -0500, Recliner
wrote:

I'm assuming Spud is Boltar?

So Bernie the Bolt-ar has metamorphosed into a grumpy Potato? I guess
the style and views are very similar - I just hadn't made the
connection.

Who the **** is Bernie?

--
Spud

Old September 8th 13, 07:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I'm assuming Spud is Boltar?

So Bernie the Bolt-ar has metamorphosed into a grumpy Potato? I guess
the style and views are very similar - I just hadn't made the
connection.

Who the **** is Bernie?

Never heard of the Golden Shot? But you are Boltar reincarnated, aren't
you?