Old July 1st 15, 01:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Incomplete journey

I forgot to check out of the DLR before getting on the Jubilee at
Canning Town and have an excess £5.20 charge - is there anything I can
do about it?

E.

Old July 1st 15, 01:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2015-07-01 13:11:10 +0000, eastender said:

I forgot to check out of the DLR before getting on the Jubilee at
Canning Town and have an excess £5.20 charge - is there anything I can
do about it?

E.

Actually what it says is:

[No touch-in] to Dalston Junction [London Overground]

I went from East India Canning Town Canada Water Dalston Junction

But I'm pretty certain I touched in at East India - does it not
register if you don't touch out of the DLR?

E.

Old July 1st 15, 07:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2015-07-01 18:17:28 +0000, Paul Corfield said:

Your touch out should have registered on DLR but it seems it hasn't
done so. Sometimes transactions aren't captured / written to the card.

Does that mean you don't have to touch out/in at Canning Town?

I saw this morning at East India that there was a faulty Oyster reader,
which I may have used - it's very noisy there what with Aspen Way and
planes into/out of City and so I may have missed the no beep etc.

E.

Old July 1st 15, 11:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote

planes into/out of City and so I may have missed the no beep etc.

Well the Oyster Help Desk should be able to check if equipment was

faulty.

For your journey you only needed to touch in at East India and out at

Dalston. As the ELL takes you through Zone 1 at Shoreditch High St
there is no need to use the pink validator at Canada Water.

But if you did, would it have any effect on a touch-in missing "incomplete
journey" ?

--
Mike D

Old July 2nd 15, 06:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Old July 2nd 15, 10:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 02:11:10PM +0100, eastender wrote:

I forgot to check out of the DLR before getting on the Jubilee at
Canning Town and have an excess ?5.20 charge - is there anything I can
do about it?

Email with your Oyster card number, tell them what
journey you did and where you would like to pick up your refund.

Perl: the only language that makes Welsh look acceptable
Old July 4th 15, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2015-07-02 10:46:06 +0000, David Cantrell said:

On Wed, Jul 01, 2015 at 02:11:10PM +0100, eastender wrote:

I forgot to check out of the DLR before getting on the Jubilee at
Canning Town and have an excess ?5.20 charge - is there anything I can
do about it?

Email with your Oyster card number, tell them what
journey you did and where you would like to pick up your refund.

I completed the online refund request choosing the 'I thought I'd
touched in' excuse and it's been refunded, although there's nothing
showing in the refund history, only in the journey history.

E.