Old April 26th 19, 07:16 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default D trains in service for the first time today - 23-4-19

In message , at 07:55:50 on Fri, 26
Apr 2019, John Williamson remarked:
On 25/04/2019 22:23, Recliner wrote:

There must be something specific is Geoff's video that caused it to be
pulled — what could it be?

As I've not seen the video, it's not possible to be certain, but a
friend of mine had a video pulled very quickly due to a few seconds of
recognisable music in the background of the sound track.

I'd have expected Geoff to be an old enough hand not to slip on that
banana skin.

Record companies are now scanning most, if not all, Youtube postings
using AI to check for their music being posted without permission, and
the new EU Copyright Act is about to make it worse by making it illegal
to even link to copyrighted material such as newspaper articles without
prior permission, never mind copying and pasting.

I think you are over-reading the proposals.

Old April 26th 19, 07:38 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 07:55:50 on Fri, 26
Apr 2019, John Williamson remarked:
On 25/04/2019 22:23, Recliner wrote:

There must be something specific is Geoff's video that caused it to be
pulled — what could it be?

As I've not seen the video, it's not possible to be certain, but a
friend of mine had a video pulled very quickly due to a few seconds of
recognisable music in the background of the sound track.

I'd have expected Geoff to be an old enough hand not to slip on that
banana skin.

Yes, agreed. He makes far too many videos for that. I don't even recall
that the video had any music, but I might simply have subconsciously
ignored it.

Old April 26th 19, 10:04 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 26/04/2019 08:38, Recliner wrote:
Roland Perry wrote:
I'd have expected Geoff to be an old enough hand not to slip on that
banana skin.

Yes, agreed. He makes far too many videos for that. I don't even recall
that the video had any music, but I might simply have subconsciously
ignored it.

If they've not told him why, they will if he asks them. But sometimes
even a few seconds of a nearby ringtone set to a pop song can trigger a
takedown request.

As can a face appearing that doesn't want to be recognised.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Old May 1st 19, 11:12 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 25/04/2019 19:32, Peter Johnson wrote:
On Wed, 24 Apr 2019 22:55:16 +0100, Basil Jet
wrote:

Geoff Marshall's video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntSn5_2TWcM

Not available.

It's back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg0-kA49lNc

I just noticed the buttons by the interconnecting door. I presume they
are something to do with MIPs, but I'm not sure how they function - does
either button cause both doors to swing loose? Unless the doors have
powered hinges, it would not be convenient for a MIP to go through them.

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Zammuto - 2014 - Anchor
Old May 2nd 19, 12:29 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

Geoff Marshall's video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntSn5_2TWcM

Not available.

It's back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg0-kA49lNc

I just noticed the buttons by the interconnecting door. I presume they
are something to do with MIPs, but I'm not sure how they function - does
either button cause both doors to swing loose? Unless the doors have
powered hinges, it would not be convenient for a MIP to go through them.

An area of the interior decor seen over his shoulder at about 9.10 is
reminiscent of the Edward Pond Murals of Network South East Days , I think
it must be the colours.
He is no longer around so it cannot be one of his designs but I wonder if
there was some inspiration there.

I think Salisbury Station still has a couple of the NSE works in the
subway, one of the surviving artefacts of that era.

GH

Old May 2nd 19, 05:19 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

Not Excrete St Davids?

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Art Brut - 2007 - It's A Bit Complicated
Old May 2nd 19, 06:08 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 00:12:33 on Thu, 2 May 2019,
Basil Jet remarked:
wrote:

Geoff Marshall's video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntSn5_2TWcM

Not available.

It's back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg0-kA49lNc

As I suspected, missing the interview with the "designer" chappie.

Old May 2nd 19, 07:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

wrote:

Geoff Marshall's video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntSn5_2TWcM
Not available.

It's back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg0-kA49lNc

As I suspected, missing the interview with the "designer" chappie.

Yes, I wonder if it was something specific that he disclosed, or simply his
failure to get permission for the interview from his client?

Old May 2nd 19, 08:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In message , at 07:35:32 on Thu, 2 May 2019,
Recliner remarked:

Geoff Marshall's video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntSn5_2TWcM
Not available.

It's back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg0-kA49lNc

As I suspected, missing the interview with the "designer" chappie.

Yes, I wonder if it was something specific that he disclosed, or simply his
failure to get permission for the interview from his client?

There may be something in an earlier suggestion about muddling up (in
the public's mind) the distinction between Vivarail and WMT as the
client for the cosmetic design. But many organisations are strict about
"talking to the press" in any circumstances.

I wonder if Geoff had to go back and re-film his walk-through of the
overhead posters. First time round he was with the designer, now nowhere
to be seen. Might explain why it's taken almost a week to reappear.
Old May 2nd 19, 08:26 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
[...]

No, I suspect he had plenty of unused original footage that he could use in
a new edit. He may even have realised when filming that he might need to
produce a different version like this.