Old February 14th 05, 08:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default KEN LIVINGSTONE: RACIST

wrote in message
oups.com...

WHO'S YER DADDY?!! wrote:
I'm loving this one: the sallow, onion-faced c*nt's drunk on power,

not to
mention white wine when this happened:

http://today.reuters.co.uk/News/news...storyID=2005-0
2-11T132847Z_01_HOP148445_RTRUKOC_0_BRITAIN-LIVINGSTONE.xml

Please let me know if you hear anything about it on the BBC: I saw

nothing
on BBC TV London News (Ken Is Buddha to them of course)

ROBBIE

Since everything Ken does is shot down by the evening standard (such as
the congestion charge, tube and bus prices, etc.) he probably feels
that someone in the Standard has a grudge against him. The
concentration camps were set up because Hitler had a grudge against
Jewish people. Lets compare an Evening Standard reporter to a
Concentration camp guard. Now do you see why he said it?

No. It was ****ing peurile. Worthy of a 17 year ol drunk in the student
union. The Standard was right behind him becoming mayor.

Probably a bit harsh but when the newspaper with the monopoly on
evening reading in London is always against anything you do you must be
able to see how he feels

You obvioulsy don't read the paper.

ROBBIE
'Why can't people know something before opening their gobs.'

Old February 14th 05, 09:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Steve Peake" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:03:44 +0000, Michael Hoffman wrote:

He is a public official, and I expect more. Even from Ken.

Perhaps he is thinking about the fact that the evening standards sister
paper, the Daily Mail, supported the Fascists in the 30's and wrote
articles supporting some of Hitler's policies. Back to modern day the
whole group of companies have a history of constant attacks on minority
groups.

Comparing the employee of such a paper to one of Hitlers guards seems

quite
apt.

Steve

Another 17-year-old! Yes The Daily Mail was pro-fascist in the 30s as was
its famous foreign correspondent in Ethiopia, the greatest English Novelist
of the 20th century Evelyn Waugh. Most people were up for appeasing Adolf
until May 1940 when glorious Winston Churchill finally disabused these
******s--including the King-- of their appeasing ways. You, like
Livingstone, probably clam up when you think about how a tory had the vision
to fight fascism to the end. However, back, as you say, to modern day the
Mail does *not* have a history of 'constant attacks' on minority groups; it
has a policy of attacking certain *attitudes* to minority groups.

ROBBIE

Old February 14th 05, 09:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

CAMILLE SAINT SAENS wrote:
[...]

Churchill had also been a Liberal.

Old February 14th 05, 12:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Steve Peake wrote in message ...

"Perhaps he is thinking about the fact that the evening standards
sister
paper, the Daily Mail, supported the Fascists in the 30's and wrote
articles supporting some of Hitler's policies. Back to modern day the
whole group of companies have a history of constant attacks on
minority
groups.

Comparing the employee of such a paper to one of Hitlers guards seems
quite
apt."

What a stupid remark! At least when Livingstone made the concentration
camp guard remark he had the excuse of being drunk. Whats your excuse?
Old February 14th 05, 11:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I don't like the man, his politics or a lot of what he does but I don't
think he's a racist. A little bit drunk, irrational but not racist.
Baz

Old February 15th 05, 06:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Marratxi wrote:

I don't like the man, his politics or a lot of what he does but I don't
think he's a racist. A little bit drunk, irrational but not racist.

He isn't, AFAICT, but his comment certainly was racist - he only said it
because the reporter was Jewish.

But it's unlikely many people will hold his comments against him for
long. The thing about Ken is that his mouth is so big that he can get
away with putting his foot in it occasionally!
Old February 15th 05, 07:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Aidan Stanger" wrote in message
Marratxi wrote:

I don't like the man, his politics or a lot of what he does but I don't
think he's a racist. A little bit drunk, irrational but not racist.

He isn't, AFAICT, but his comment certainly was racist - he only said it
because the reporter was Jewish.

But it's unlikely many people will hold his comments against him for
long. The thing about Ken is that his mouth is so big that he can get
away with putting his foot in it occasionally!

As far as I can make out he simply used the camp guard jibe as a comparator
because the reporter (who hasn't been criticised AFAIK) was "only following
orders". What is "racist" about that?

Old February 15th 05, 07:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Brimstone wrote:
"Aidan Stanger" wrote...
Marratxi wrote:

I don't like the man, his politics or a lot of what he does but I don't
think he's a racist. A little bit drunk, irrational but not racist.

He isn't, AFAICT, but his comment certainly was racist - he only said it
because the reporter was Jewish.

But it's unlikely many people will hold his comments against him for
long. The thing about Ken is that his mouth is so big that he can get
away with putting his foot in it occasionally!

As far as I can make out he simply used the camp guard jibe as a comparator
because the reporter (who hasn't been criticised AFAIK) was "only following
orders". What is "racist" about that?

I'm going by what I read at
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/gla/s...414821,00.html
Old February 15th 05, 07:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Aidan Stanger" wrote in message

Old February 15th 05, 07:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Aidan Stanger" wrote in message
Brimstone wrote:
"Aidan Stanger" wrote...
Marratxi wrote:

I don't like the man, his politics or a lot of what he does but I
don't
think he's a racist. A little bit drunk, irrational but not racist.

He isn't, AFAICT, but his comment certainly was racist - he only said
it
because the reporter was Jewish.

But it's unlikely many people will hold his comments against him for
long. The thing about Ken is that his mouth is so big that he can get
away with putting his foot in it occasionally!

As far as I can make out he simply used the camp guard jibe as a
comparator
because the reporter (who hasn't been criticised AFAIK) was "only
following
orders". What is "racist" about that?

I'm going by what I read at
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/gla/s...414821,00.html

Although I my post followed on from yours, it wasn't directly aimed at you,
apologies if that was the impression.