Old February 1st 06, 10:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default East London Line Extension

Is it the intention that eventually there will no longer be LU
involvement with this line and instead Network Rail will take over
infrastructure responsibility for both the existing and the extended
bits with an "overground" train operator running the services? Will
there only be a link to one or other of New Cross/New Cross Gate? Will
the depot at New Cross be shut and the stock transfer connection
between the ELL and District Lines be removed? Will the existing
station at Shoreditch still be served?

--
gordon

Old February 1st 06, 11:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Is it the intention that eventually there will no longer be LU
involvement with this line and instead Network Rail will take over
infrastructure responsibility for both the existing and the extended
bits with an "overground" train operator running the services?

My impression is that they seem to be going the reverse way, given the TfL
takeover of Silverlink services on the North London Line and its little
siblings. I suspect this could be the point where "London Underground"
becomes an increasingly anachronistic concept when considering the current
transport system.

Will
there only be a link to one or other of New Cross/New Cross Gate?

The maps I've seen preserve both. On the line map alone New Cross Gate is
the stronger of the two to survive because the southern extension is
basically a flyover onto the stopping services down to West Croydon/Crystal
Palce, though the desirability of interchange with services to Lewisham and
beyond should preserve New Cross as well.

Will
the depot at New Cross be shut

Pass.

and the stock transfer connection
between the ELL and District Lines be removed?

Not sure if they'd scrap it completely (it may be useful for other
purposes).

Will the existing
station at Shoreditch still be served?

No. It's in the wrong location for extending the line (as well as for being
much use for passengers), but the Shoreditch High Street station should
cover transport needs to there.

Old February 3rd 06, 12:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
oups.com...

Will the existing
station at Shoreditch still be served?

--
gordon

Shoreditch station closes for good in less than 6 months. Its been due to
close ever since the route to Dalston Junction was first developed, and the
ELL website has shown this route for about 3 years. A new station is to
beprovide at Shoreditch high street, north of Boshopsgate goodsyard.

Paul

Old February 7th 06, 03:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
oups.com...

Will the depot at New Cross be shut

I think so, but I'm not sure.

and the stock transfer connection
between the ELL and District Lines be removed?

Yes, I know that it will become a siding and disconnected at the other end.
I think it will be an ELL siding and disconnected from the District Line,
but I might have got that the wrong way around.

Old February 7th 06, 06:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
I think it will be an ELL siding and disconnected from the District Line,
but I might have got that the wrong way around.

The ELL signalling plan I've seen has no connection at the ELL end, so
I think it will be the other way round.

PhilD