Old April 19th 08, 04:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default FCC (GN) Z6 Boundary Extension Ticketing

John Salmon wrote:
"Mizter T" wrote
So, for the sake of clarity, can we confirm that a 'Boundary Zone'
ticket can also be used with a *Day* Travelcard - as the 'Boundary
Zone' ticket is not in fact technically a separate ticket, merely a
receipt for an additional fare?

Yes, indeed I can confirm that. I do it regularly when I visit
London for 'leisure' (railway enthusiasm) purposes; I have often
bought more than one such BZ ticket on the same day. Sometimes I
extend 'normal' Day Travelcards; on other occasions I extend
'outboundary' Day Travelcards.

On Thursday this week, I used a Day Travelcard from Newark [1] and at
Victoria I extended it from BZ6 to Bognor Regis. Or at least that's
what I asked for at Victoria; I later discovered that I'd been issued
a Cheap Day Return from BZ*4* (rather than 6). Can anyone tell me
how much extra I paid because of this error?

You might have paid less. I recall that SVRs to Cambridge are cheaper
from BZ4 than from BZ6 or something like that at the moment.
--
Michael Hoffman

Old April 19th 08, 04:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Michael Hoffman" wrote
John Salmon wrote:
[...]

Interesting. How are these extension fares calculated?

Old April 19th 08, 07:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

JB wrote

stop at East Croydon). But the ticket office at the FCC station told
me I was better getting a Boundary 6 to Redhill.

I did ponder whether it was a valid combination for NCOC 19, but if
you are saying that it is not a combination, but should be considered
one ticket, that makes sense.

*location removed as I wouldn't want the FCC station to get into
trouble for suggesting cheaper tickets.

All National Rail ticket officers are supposed to suggest a cheaper
ticket if such exists and, eg, Which? will sic their mystery shoppers
on them and berate them if they fail.

Multiple tickets can be suggested too but are not required know-how.

--
Mike D

Old April 20th 08, 12:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
,
Mizter T writes
So, for the sake of clarity, can we confirm that a 'Boundary Zone'
ticket can also be used with a *Day* Travelcard - as the 'Boundary
Zone' ticket is not in fact technically a separate ticket, merely a
receipt for an additional fare?

Yes. However, I believe that for some cases the additional payment is
different for day and period travelcards.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:
Old April 20th 08, 05:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

Can you still buy FCC U12 tickets? They seem to have been dropped as far
as Cambridge at least is concerned. When I enquired of 'one' they blamed
FCC, who set the fares to London.

Apparently you can. Cambridge - U12 is showing as £34.40 First Day
Single, £21.50 Standard Day Single, and £33.10 Standard Day Return.

HTH,

Barry
Old April 20th 08, 06:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Michael R N Dolbear wrote:

All National Rail ticket officers are supposed to suggest a cheaper
ticket if such exists and, eg, Which? will sic their mystery shoppers
on them and berate them if they fail.

They are required to offer the cheapest *available* through ticket for
the journey being made. However, that doesn't mean that staff are
expected to know every possible set of tickets for a given journey.

It also depends on what Ticket Issuing System that station uses. Cubic
FasTIS, for example, will show Travelcards where appropriate, in
addition to point to point tickets, whereas other TIS will only show the
point to point ones.

Having said that, Colin's example of Cambridge to Putney doesn't require
rocket science to work out that a Travelcard is cheaper...

Cheers,

Barry