Old May 26th 08, 03:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Stratford to Deptford Bridge

I need to get from Stratford to Deptford Bridge tomorrow, TfL website
seems to imply taking the DLR and changing at Canary wharf, does the
DLR not run direct from Stratford to Deptford Bridge?
I've not used the DLR before but the map seems to imply a nice simple
direct line.
--
Mark Varley
www.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.uk

Old May 26th 08, 03:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I need to get from Stratford to Deptford Bridge tomorrow, TfL website
seems to imply taking the DLR and changing at Canary wharf, does the
DLR not run direct from Stratford to Deptford Bridge?
I've not used the DLR before but the map seems to imply a nice simple
direct line.

Most Stratford trains terminate at Canary Wharf during the day. They
continue to Crossharbour during the peaks, and Lewisham in early
mornings or late evenings.
Old May 26th 08, 03:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On May 26, 4:22*pm, alex_t wrote:
I need to get from Stratford to Deptford Bridge tomorrow, TfL website
seems to imply taking the DLR and changing at Canary wharf, does the
DLR not run direct from Stratford to Deptford Bridge?
I've not used the DLR before but the map seems to imply a nice simple
direct line.

Most Stratford trains terminate at Canary Wharf during the day. They
continue to Crossharbour during the peaks, and Lewisham in early
mornings or late evenings.

There are times when Staford trains don't run through, but it's not
quite like that, plus they keep changing the pattern anyway.

At the moment some of them (but not all) run through in the early
morning on weekdays till the end of the rush hour.

They also run all through the day at weekends, but not in the evenings
at all in the current pattern.

This PDF gives what you need.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...-Timetable.pdf
Old May 26th 08, 04:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"MIG" wrote in message
On May 26, 4:22 pm, alex_t wrote:
[...]

But it's all going to change again soon as they build longer platforms and
introduce longer trains. The leaflet I saw made it all look a bit
horrendous, especially with ELL out of use.

MaxB

Old May 26th 08, 07:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 26, 4:15 pm, MarkVarley - MVP
wrote:
I need to get from Stratford to Deptford Bridge tomorrow, TfL website
seems to imply taking the DLR and changing at Canary wharf, does the
DLR not run direct from Stratford to Deptford Bridge?
I've not used the DLR before but the map seems to imply a nice simple
direct line.
--
Mark Varleywww.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.ukwww.TwistedPhotogra phy.co.uk
London, England.

I reckon you may not have to change.
They are doing emergency engineering work on a bridge which will mean
that trains to or from Bank or Tower Gateway will not be able to run
via Canary Wharf.

Old May 26th 08, 07:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

wrote:

I need to get from Stratford to Deptford Bridge tomorrow, TfL website
seems to imply taking the DLR and changing at Canary wharf, does the
DLR not run direct from Stratford to Deptford Bridge?
I've not used the DLR before but the map seems to imply a nice simple
direct line.
--
Mark Varleywww.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.ukwww.TwistedPhotogra phy.co.uk
London, England.

I reckon you may not have to change.
They are doing emergency engineering work on a bridge which will mean
that trains to or from *Bank or Tower Gateway will not be able to run
via Canary Wharf.

Is that the section shown as "W. Curve" on Quail? (Between West India
Quay and Westferry.)

I've noticed some bits of track being taken up recently. One is the
siding at Mudchute, which probably has to go to make room for a
platform extension.

But I can't work out what's happening at "W. Curve", where the
junction between the two tracks has been moved east, leaving an unused
section of track up to just before where the line from Poplar joins.
Old May 26th 08, 07:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On May 26, 8:23 pm, MIG wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Thats the section.
The DLR is also closing early at 2330 tonight because of the work.
Old May 26th 08, 08:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 26 May, 20:23, MIG wrote:
I've noticed some bits of track being taken up recently. *One is the
siding at Mudchute, which probably has to go to make room for a
platform extension.

They're replacing the siding with a third platform.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...-platform.html

But I can't work out what's happening at "W. Curve", where the
junction between the two tracks has been moved east, leaving an unused
section of track up to just before where the line from Poplar joins.

They're creating a diveunder where trains that currently use the
southbound track of the West Curve will be diverted underneath the
East Curve, coming up alongside West India Quay station on its east
side (rejoining too late to have a platform there, in fact). The
northernmost part of the West Curve needs demolishing to achieve this,
so it makes sense for them to keep trains as far to the other side as
possible.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...n-upgrade.html

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London
Old May 26th 08, 08:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 26 May 2008 12:31:15 -0700 (PDT), chunky munky
wrote:

On May 26, 8:23 pm, MIG wrote:

But I can't work out what's happening at "W. Curve", where the
junction between the two tracks has been moved east, leaving an unused
section of track up to just before where the line from Poplar joins.

Thats the section.
The DLR is also closing early at 2330 tonight because of the work.

Goodness - that looks like the planned engineering works has not gone to
plan at all. I guess the weather has knocked them off schedule. The
alternative train service is a bit different - Bank to King George V
every *4* minutes.

I trust someone is busily rewriting the computer's timetable as we
speak!
--
Paul C

Old May 26th 08, 08:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

STRATFORD - LEWISHAM: Every 5 minutes
CANARY WHARF - LEWISHAM: Every 10 minutes
TOWER GATEWAY - BECKTON: Every 7 minutes
BANK - KING GEORGE V: Every 4 minutes

I think this is the best STRATFORD - LEWISHAM and BANK - KING GEORGE V
services ever. They should keep it this way ;-)