Old June 9th 09, 02:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube strike: clarification of start time(s)?

On Jun 9, 3:43*pm, wrote:

On Jun 9, 2:34*pm, wrote:

Though we live in hope that 1 or 2 of them may grow a pair, ignore the RMT
******* and actually turn up for work but I won't hold my breath.

And can someone explain why Aslef members arn't showing up? Theres enough of
them to run a bit more than a skeleton service. Or are they showing "solidarity"
or whatever lefty ******** phrase is trendy these days with their "brothers"
in the RMT even though they didn't vote for a strike? In which case why don't
they just join the RMT.

AIUI Aslef and TSSA staff will show up as normal, but because critical
functions like signalling are dominated by RMT members they're
unlikely to be able to run many trains.

I thought there had been some knowledgeable talk that Aslef members
might refuse to cross RMT picket lines?

Taking a strike day off when you're not a member of the union that
voted for it is legally not on, post-Thatcher.

And then I'd wondered about that very point.
Old June 9th 09, 03:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jun 9, 3:53*pm, Mizter T wrote:
AIUI Aslef and TSSA staff will show up as normal, but because critical
functions like signalling are dominated by RMT members they're
unlikely to be able to run many trains.

I thought there had been some knowledgeable talk that Aslef members
might refuse to cross RMT picket lines?

Hadn't seen anything here, but that doesn't mean nobody's mentioned
it. I'd based my assertion on the rules plus the fact I hadn't heard
anything about the above.

Taking a strike day off when you're not a member of the union that
voted for it is legally not on, post-Thatcher.

And then I'd wondered about that very point.

Semi-relatedly, these people reckon that these services will run:
http://londonunlocked.org/?p=870

o Jubilee – no more than 25% running

o Northern – 50-60% running

o Piccadilly – Extreme ends only but not including Heathrow.

o Bakerloo – May be able to run 20% service on Wed; possibility of
running Wembley Central to Baker Street.

o Central – 40-50% of services, perhaps between White City/Ealing
Broadway to Epping.

o Metropolitan – 20% max; due to signalling Aylesbury branch of
Chiltern Line could be affected.

o City and Hammersmith – 13 trains.

o District – Less than 20%.

o Waterloo and City – unlikely to operate.

o Victoria – unlikely to operate.

Based on what, is not entirely clear.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org
Old June 9th 09, 10:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Jun 9, 9:34*am, "neverwas" wrote:
In summary, is it that trains stop running by 19:00 or start declining
from then?

[snip]

I'd imagine we won't really know for sure until this evening, not that
that's going to be particularly helpful for journey planning...
During the last strike in September 2007, services began winding down
throughout the afternoon for an official 1800 start[1] - and I
remember there being rumours going round work with the times of the
last trains from the nearest station into town (which turned out to be
correct)

[1] http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6974841.stm