Old October 23rd 09, 08:52 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air

Default Wafted from paradise to Luton Airport

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 18:14:23 on Wed, 14 Oct
2009, Buddenbrooks remarked:
or terminating within
the EC. (fair usage restrictions apply)

Wriggle wriggle.

Nonsense , he mentioned Korean Airlines, there is no way of deciding if he
meant North or South.

Apart from the Northern ones apparently not being allowed to fly to
Europe.

He did not mention origin or destination.

Old October 23rd 09, 08:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air

In message , at 21:48:10 on Fri, 23
Oct 2009, Buddenbrooks remarked:
The companies I have worked for have all had policies for travelling
that mandate coach for 4Hrs and then case by case above that..
e.g. Business class if working within 8 hours of arrival.

A more useful rule for the latter might be: Coach, unless you have to
work within total flight length hours of arrival.

But that has the difficulty that getting home exhausted at 6pm [local]
on a Saturday after flying overnight for 14 hours, might not trigger the
rule. Do employers consider having a "Sunday off" as something the
employee is entitled to, without it being entirely consumed by
recovering from the flight?
Old October 24th 09, 05:31 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air

In message , at 21:52:04 on Fri, 23
Oct 2009, Buddenbrooks remarked:
Wriggle wriggle.

Nonsense , he mentioned Korean Airlines, there is no way of deciding
if he meant North or South.

Apart from the Northern ones apparently not being allowed to fly to
Europe.

He did not mention origin or destination.

Still wriggling, eh?
Old October 24th 09, 06:07 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air

Roland Perry writes:
Wriggle wriggle.

Nonsense , he mentioned Korean Airlines, there is no way of deciding
if he meant North or South.

Apart from the Northern ones apparently not being allowed to fly to
Europe.

He did not mention origin or destination.

Still wriggling, eh?

Note that Europe wasn't involved at all.

[actually it was Narita, though I suspect North Korea's not overly
welcome there either...]

-Miles

--
"1971 pickup truck; will trade for guns"
Old October 24th 09, 08:10 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , at 21:48:10 on Fri, 23

Do employers consider having a "Sunday off" as something the
employee is entitled to, without it being entirely consumed by recovering
from the flight?

An employee returned late one day from the States, expected in next day
early for a debrief meeting.
Is killed on way to work, believed to have fallen asleep at the wheel.
Company now allows taxis from home to work after long haul.
This was not altruism, the company was being sued by the widow that the
company failed in their duty of care in requiring an employee to work
excessive hours
and drive while unfit to do so.

Old October 24th 09, 08:19 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
Still wriggling, eh?
--

No, just pointing out one must differentiate between what was said and
what you imagine he meant or implied.

The only statement was he had an opinion of an Airline that operates under
the Korean Flag.

I don't have to wriggle, I have never been to Korea, never intend to go to
Korea and have no personal interest in Korea.

Old October 24th 09, 08:43 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air

"Mr G" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Oct 2009 22:36:40 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:
. They do
have a 'premium' fare class, which probably equates to full service.

I don't like paying significant money for service I don't get. I am short
fat bald fly badly dressed and have little 'presence' the net result is that
I tend to be ignored or dealt with last
in Business Class. So I prefer to save the BC premium and spend it
enhancing the journey by paying at the time, rather than up front and hope
to get the service.

For instance most airlines have a 'by invitation' to use lounge,while if you
pay a fee for a general lounge, you will get it.

It is the same reason I don't belong to the RACE recovery service, they
openly state that as I am not a woman I will not be helped until all
unaccompanied women are recovered.
Strangely if I call a garage directly they generally just ask where I am.
The RAC do not offer a second rate service discount to men.

In the end of a day I want to go somewhere for a specific purpose. Cattle
class or FC the flight is still going to be a pain. A decent hotel on
arrival and a nights sleep is more likely to result in mission success than
class of ticket.

From your comments you appear to travel a lot but not live near a suitable
airport, that is a lifestyle decision and not really an airline issue.

Old October 24th 09, 12:32 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air

Miles Bader wrote:
Roland Perry writes:
Wriggle wriggle.
Nonsense , he mentioned Korean Airlines, there is no way of deciding
if he meant North or South.
Apart from the Northern ones apparently not being allowed to fly to
Europe.
He did not mention origin or destination.

Still wriggling, eh?

Note that Europe wasn't involved at all.

[actually it was Narita, though I suspect North Korea's not overly
welcome there either...]

-Miles

No North Koreans are currently permitted in Japan.
Old October 24th 09, 09:42 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air

In message , at 09:10:58 on Sat, 24
Oct 2009, Buddenbrooks remarked:
An employee returned late one day from the States, expected in next
day early for a debrief meeting.
Is killed on way to work, believed to have fallen asleep at the wheel.
Company now allows taxis from home to work after long haul.
This was not altruism, the company was being sued by the widow that
the company failed in their duty of care in requiring an employee to
work excessive hours
and drive while unfit to do so.

In which country(s) was the company, the widow and the lawsuit?
Old October 24th 09, 09:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,alt.travel.uk.air

In message , at 09:19:09 on Sat, 24
Oct 2009, Buddenbrooks remarked:
The only statement was he had an opinion of an Airline that operates
under the Korean Flag.

To Japan, it seems.

I don't have to wriggle, I have never been to Korea, never intend to go
to Korea and have no personal interest in Korea.

I'm in (South) Korea this week, as it happens. (By Air France).