Old October 16th 09, 03:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
MIG MIG is offline

Default "Sling him under a train"

On 16 Oct, 15:21, "Peter Masson" wrote:
"Paul Terry" wrote in message

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, MIG wrote:

I can't watch it yet, but award for "most gratuitous abuse of RMT yet"
would seem to be in order.

Well, the video clip has just been broadcast on the BBC lunchtime news,
Boris is apparently appalled, and TfL have launched an investigation.

Powerful stuff, this new technology ...

It's now on the BBC website (with the video)http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8310436.stm

Peter

For some reason the BBC version is dramatically less clear than the
original. I couldn't hear anything that was being said, then I tried
the original and it's all there.

Old October 16th 09, 04:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Paul Terry" wrote in message

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, MIG wrote:

I can't watch it yet, but award for "most gratuitous abuse of RMT yet"
would seem to be in order.

Well, the video clip has just been broadcast on the BBC lunchtime news,
Boris is apparently appalled, and TfL have launched an investigation.

Powerful stuff, this new technology ...

It's now on the BBC website (with the video)http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8310436.stm

Peter

For some reason the BBC version is dramatically less clear than the
original. I couldn't hear anything that was being said, then I tried
the original and it's all there.

The lawyers have been at it I expect.

--
Graeme Wall

This address not read, substitute trains for rail
Transport Miscellany at www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail
Old October 16th 09, 05:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On the film you dont actually see him swear so we dont really know
what happened before. It seems that the train he got his hand stuck
in ws terminating and the staff were emptying it. I dont quite
understand in that scenario he got his hand stuck in it.

I mean if he was getting off presumeably he would have been stuck in
the train and trying to get out. But this would not raise such a
problem for the staff as they would obviously have to reopen the door
to let him off. Might I suggest more likely he put his hand foward to
try and stop the doors from closing. Maybe he did not know what was
happening with the train and decided to take matters into his own
hands and provoke a reaction from the staff. If that is what he did
then that might well cause the staff to lose it especially as they
were trying to clear a train in the middle if the rush hour.

This does not condone the swearing and what happened later but might
be a reason for it. And despite his words the man does seem to have
remained on the train and continued his journey (unless I have missed
something).

The CCTV of the station should fill in some of the missing details. I
also find the attempt to link the fare rises with this incident
slightly strange. If there were no increases does this mean that this
would be OK?

Old October 16th 09, 05:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Paul Terry" wrote in message

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, MIG wrote:

I can't watch it yet, but award for "most gratuitous abuse of RMT yet"
would seem to be in order.

Well, the video clip has just been broadcast on the BBC lunchtime news,
Boris is apparently appalled, and TfL have launched an investigation.

Powerful stuff, this new technology ...

It's now on the BBC website (with the video)http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8310436.stm

Peter

For some reason the BBC version is dramatically less clear than the
original. �I couldn't hear anything that was being said, then I tried
the original and it's all there.- Hide quoted text -

No doubt he's destined for the upper echelons of the R.M.T. where he
can join the likes of Bow Crow and other good-for-nothings whose
concept of customer service is to treat serve the customer with
contempt.

M.M.
Old October 16th 09, 05:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

This is my favourite bit:
"She laughed and walked away in the assumption that we have no power."
Is he definite that that is what she assumed?

Old October 16th 09, 06:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"John B" wrote in message
Vile Tube platform assistant abuses elderly man, caught on camera:
http://bit.ly/1Bwqq7

(RMT apologist excusing Ian's behaviour coming up in 5... 4... 3....)

Now reported that he has been suspended

Peter

Old October 16th 09, 07:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

trainmanUK wrote:
On the film you dont actually see him swear so we dont really know
what happened before.

We have witness testimony which we have no reason not to believe given
what's in the video.

[snip conjecture and speculation]

Philip.
Old October 16th 09, 07:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

MIG wrote:
On 16 Oct, 12:41, John B wrote:
On Oct 16, 11:52 am, MIG wrote:

I can't watch it yet, but award for "most gratuitous abuse of RMT yet"
would seem to be in order.
Unions do not support abusive behaviour. It might be their job to
ensure that a member got a fair hearing, but if the member was, for
example, racist, they might not even do that, and would probably expel
him/her.

Well, apart from the times, frequently documented on uk.r, where the
RMT has issued press statements in favour of staff members who've been
dismissed or disciplined for assaulting members of the public. And the
time *last month* where they went on strike to support one.

It's their job to represent someone sacked without a proper hearing,
not to condone what they are accused of (whether they did it or not).

I thought it was the staff member who was assaulted in that case.

In once recent case that appeared to be what they wanted the public to
think, but no details were made available to us. Did we ever hear the
outcome?

I don't know what union they might be, if any, but some DLR staff feel
able tell passengers that they can have passengers "done" simply by
making fictitious allegations of assault to the police, only to back
down when the customer mentions "CCTV"...

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Old October 16th 09, 07:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In article , Peter Masson
scribeth thus

"John B" wrote in message
Vile Tube platform assistant abuses elderly man, caught on camera:
http://bit.ly/1Bwqq7

(RMT apologist excusing Ian's behaviour coming up in 5... 4... 3....)

Now reported that he has been suspended

Peter

I should expect the gentleman so insulted will be speaking to his legal
advisors as soon as;!...
--
Tony Sayer

Old October 16th 09, 08:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
MIG MIG is offline

"Paul Terry" wrote in message

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, MIG wrote:

[...]

Special prize: least steps from bad thing happening in the world to
blaming Bob Crow.

Have you seen what he's done to the polar ice caps?