Showing results 1 to 25 of 184
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Graham J
Forum: London Transport October 8th 07, 07:46 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By Graham J
Oyster validators on Silverlink

Everytime I have tried to get my journey history recently either the
site has been down or "Due to site maintenance your journey history is
currently unavailable"!

No it isn't just you, I get...
Forum: London Transport August 13th 07, 04:51 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Graham J
oyster history?

Does the online oyster history ever work?

IIRC, it says someone like it only works if you have purchased pay as
you go credit from Oyster online. So, I did that on Friday and got
the card...
Forum: London Transport August 11th 07, 09:20 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Graham J
Right that's Metrolink sorted - whose next?

The report, compiled by the Rail Accident Investigation Branch (RAIB)
following a derailment close to Phipps Bridge on May 26 last year,
found Croydon Tramtrack had a poor relationship with...
Forum: London Transport July 27th 07, 10:11 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Graham J
OT - world's crappest park

Barn Elms Park. It's about as wide as a road.

I don't know what it is like on the ground but it can't be much worse than
the new Addiscombe Railway Park.
Forum: London Transport July 12th 07, 05:58 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Graham J
Oyster journey history clarification

Presumably your journey history is always recorded but as an inducement to
avoid paying commission to small shops etc TfL prefer you pay them direct
and offer this carrot.

I've always...
Forum: London Transport July 10th 07, 09:08 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Graham J
Oyster and bus goes out of service

I think that you should be allowed unlimited tram journeys within the
seventy minutes and not just two as it would solve the problem of trams
going out of service at a stroke.

Or how...
Forum: London Transport July 10th 07, 08:04 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Graham J
Oyster and bus goes out of service

If you transfer on the Tram you don't get double charged.

That isn't quite the whole story. It only happens because a second tram or
feeder bus journey within seventy minutes of the first...
Forum: London Transport July 6th 07, 05:49 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Graham J
Oyster Card

How do I get a refund on my Oyster Card?

[...snip...]

You could phone the Oyster help desk but I find it easier to contact them by
e-mail using what used to be called 'Ask Oyster', and anecdotal...
Forum: London Transport June 21st 07, 07:32 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Graham J
Should kids go free?

How does paying for a travelcard or bus pass discourage people from
tavelling for just one stop?

My argument is that most people would not pay for a bus pass or travelcard
in order to make a...
Forum: London Transport June 19th 07, 09:14 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Graham J
Should kids go free?

No! Kids should learn at a very early age to contribute and give of
themselves we live in a take and thankless world and I think ,Ken
livingstone (The Mayor) has made a BIG MISTAKE that will...
Forum: London Transport June 18th 07, 01:25 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Graham J
Does unused credit on PAYG Oyster expire?

No. PAYG credit does not expire.

I would have said the same about Bus Savers until recently.

Except that the credit on the old bus savers isn't expiring as such, you
just need to have the...
Forum: London Transport May 20th 07, 08:26 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Graham J
Has TfL only just awoken?

I received an email today from TfL, informing me that the TfL website
had been...
Forum: London Transport April 13th 07, 10:10 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Graham J
An interesting Oyster auto top-up at Wimbledon and a useless journey history.

Another quirk for me, as someone with a "priv" Oyster card, is that it
knocks off a £1 as I enter the tube and then appears to knock off another
40 or 60p when I leave. In fact it adds it...
Forum: London Transport April 9th 07, 11:10 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Graham J
An interesting Oyster auto top-up at Wimbledon and a useless journey history.

I've had individual trips and whole days of travelling not appear on my
journey history before, and the missing data might yet appear, but the
details of the journeys that do appear have...
Forum: London Transport April 9th 07, 10:24 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Graham J
An interesting Oyster auto top-up at Wimbledon and a useless journey history.

On Saturday I entered Wimbledon station through the gateline with £7.20 on
my Oyster card. When I touched in at the tram platform it said my balance
was £27.10 indicating an auto top-up had been...
Forum: London Transport April 6th 07, 10:22 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Graham J
Tramlink works this weekend.

At a LURS meeting when Croydon Tramlink was being planned I remember
the speaker saying that with the method of construction being used the
rails could be quickly replaced when necessary by...
Forum: London Transport April 1st 07, 10:24 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Graham J
Gold Card

I have an annual zones1-6 travel card on oyster issued by LU at Finchley
Rd. With it I got a 'Gold Record Card'. I was under the impression that
this would allow me to purchase a one day zone...
Forum: London Transport March 29th 07, 03:24 PM
Replies: 52
Posted By Graham J
0207 222 1234

I can. It's because the London numbers changed from 071 and 081 to 0171
and 0181 at the time they introduced area codes starting 01. Had they
gone straight to 020 at that time, much of the...
Forum: London Transport March 29th 07, 10:59 AM
Replies: 52
Posted By Graham J
0207 222 1234

Well done on generating about 30 responses from such a simple remark.

Thanks also for showing that it isn't just me that gets irritated by it.

Mayday University Hospital still sends out...
Forum: London Transport March 28th 07, 09:36 PM
Replies: 52
Posted By Graham J
0207 222 1234

Nope, it's an 020 number.

Forum: London Transport March 28th 07, 07:25 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Graham J
Church Street bridge next to Edmonton green, london N9

Church Street bridge next to Edmonton green Station please help!
Traveling to work would be less stressful if you put up some wire
netting under the bridge which would mean I don't have to...
Forum: London Transport March 7th 07, 04:22 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Graham J
Thameslink 2000 Power

I'm not aware of any plans to change the changeover point.

I believe the latest plan is to move the changeover to City
Thameslink. (originally it was Blackfriars)..

Farringdon,...
Forum: London Transport March 4th 07, 03:05 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Graham J
Looking for a convenient station with luggage lockers.

We could meet up at Victoria since I'm going there anyway, but I
rather not have him change trains with all the luggage.

Understandable, but there is the option of changing from the Piccadilly...
Forum: London Transport March 1st 07, 05:12 PM
Replies: 81
Posted By Graham J
North London Line

Exactly the same issues apply at Neasden Ikea where there is a similar
horrible walk from the tube station and another mountainous bridge to
use even if you catch a 232 bus.

Croydon Ikea is...
Forum: London Transport February 28th 07, 03:11 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Graham J
Oyster Helpline Cost

I've done that, but they may take seven days to reply, and I am not
sure if they can access my specific card details or fix anything.
When they respond I'll see.

They may take seven days to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 184

Forum Jump