Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alistair Bell
Forum: London Transport August 18th 05, 04:35 PM
Replies: 56
Posted By Alistair Bell
NYC and London: Comparisons.

David Spiro wrote:
I don't know that this [express/local trains] was easier to
achieve due to the cut-and-cover method, or simply was a brilliant idea at
the time.

I'd class it a brilliant...
Forum: London Transport August 10th 05, 04:49 PM
Replies: 39
Posted By Alistair Bell
Thameslink 2000 Blackfriars

wrote:
David Cantrell wrote:
On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 16:52:08 +0100, Roland Perry
I wonder why they can't simply scrap the terminating services...
Forum: London Transport August 9th 05, 02:18 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Alistair Bell
Where do I find a bus timetable?

wrote:
I've been looking at the Tfl site for over half an hour, gone from
pillar to post and I still haven't found what I'm looking for.

Can anyone tell me where to...
Forum: London Transport July 20th 05, 08:41 PM
Replies: 49
Posted By Alistair Bell
Tunnel damage

J Lynch wrote:
Times may well have changed and this may not be an issue now, but one other
potential problem is that this also severs the Northern Line from the rest
of the underground network?...
Forum: London Transport July 18th 05, 04:07 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Alistair Bell
Name This Underground Station

gw2486 wrote:
Robin Mayes wrote:
Many many years ago as a child I remember travelling on...
Forum: London Transport July 15th 05, 11:29 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Alistair Bell
Where were the bombers intending to go ?

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 12:12:55 on Thu, 14 Jul
2005, Ed Lake remarked:
the fourth blew up a bus which was supposed to be at...
Forum: London Transport July 14th 05, 02:45 AM
Replies: 59
Posted By Alistair Bell
timescale wrong

Steve Dulieu wrote:
I've just received a document that suggest some tests are being done
Forum: London Transport July 12th 05, 12:37 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Alistair Bell
Strategic targets

subterraneo wrote:
Regarding the London bombings: with the general assumption of al-Qaeda links
and TV commentators expressing surprise that two of the bombs were let off
in areas with a high...
Forum: London Transport June 21st 05, 09:37 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Alistair Bell
Wandsworth Town

wrote:
But back to the main point: "By putting the slow trains on the northern
track of the pair, both up and down"

But that is not what they have done: the Up Slow line is on...
Forum: London Transport June 20th 05, 05:33 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Alistair Bell
Wandsworth Town

wrote:
I realise that the reason for this situation is that the fast and slow
lines have been swapped - but why, and for how long?

Well, technically, the island platform is on...
Forum: London Transport February 14th 05, 09:59 PM
Replies: 142
Posted By Alistair Bell
Barking-Greenford?

TheOneKEA wrote:
Greenford East is the closest mainline* mechanical signalling
installation to Charing Cross; once it's gone, there won't be any
mainline mechanical signalling anywhere near...
Forum: London Transport January 14th 05, 03:56 PM
Replies: 117
Posted By Alistair Bell
London Squares

Mrs Redboots wrote:
Paul Weaver wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 10 Jan 2005:

Forum: London Transport January 10th 05, 11:30 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By Alistair Bell
Speed limits for bicycles

Martin Underwood wrote:
I think you really would have to be "cycling furiously" to break even
a 30
mph limit. The fastest I've managed on the flat is about 22 mph and
downhill
I chicken-out at...
Forum: London Transport December 22nd 04, 11:20 PM
Replies: 135
Posted By Alistair Bell
Heathrow Piccadilly Line Closure

Tom Anderson wrote:
Right, but they've got two places to do it, one on either side of the
platform, which means you can have one train pulling out as another
arrives, which you can't with a...
Forum: London Transport November 10th 04, 06:05 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Alistair Bell
Northern Line Indicator Boards

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote in message ...
My nearest station is Burnt Oak, which is the first stop after
Edgware
on the...
Forum: London Transport October 31st 04, 06:14 PM
Replies: 80
Posted By Alistair Bell
London v Paris

(James) wrote in message ...
Some
things aren't intuitive. If you arrive by TGV at Montparnasse and want
to go to CDG...
Forum: London Transport October 19th 04, 01:34 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Alistair Bell
CTRL domestics delay

[1]I can't imagine many people would commute /from/ Heathrow, owing to
a lack of...
Forum: London Transport October 14th 04, 08:06 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Alistair Bell
A Moorgate to London Bridge Tunnel (Old chestnut)

"Solar Penguin" wrote in message ...

I'd be more interested in the feasibility of turning the...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 04, 05:40 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Alistair Bell
A Moorgate to London Bridge Tunnel (Old chestnut)

If the Bank of England sacrificed its vaults (Very little use for them
now, with the...
Forum: London Transport October 1st 04, 08:02 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By Alistair Bell
Tube station visit record broken

Forum: London Transport October 1st 04, 07:47 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By Alistair Bell
GOBLIN connections was Stansted to Barking

In article , Tom
Forum: London Transport September 1st 04, 01:54 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Alistair Bell
Why does the X68 exist?

Any suggestions for new routes that should be introduced? X133 (first
stop...
Forum: London Transport August 19th 04, 03:39 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Alistair Bell
Efficient Terminal Layouts (was Diesel Electric Trains on CrossRail)

(James) wrote in message ...
Thanks, David. I've managed to find the relevant thread on SubTalk:

Forum: London Transport August 16th 04, 07:30 PM
Replies: 69
Posted By Alistair Bell
High Street Kensington Station

(There is one other Suffolk County, which includes the city of Boston,
Massachusetts, but the only places...
Forum: London Transport July 21st 04, 10:30 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Alistair Bell
Stanstaed to Paddington

Annabel Smyth wrote in message ...
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 at 17:39:11, Roland Perry
wrote:

If you...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36

Forum Jump