Showing results 1 to 25 of 58
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alek
Forum: London Transport September 11th 06, 11:24 PM
Replies: 154
Posted By Alek
Fares changes for 2007

WoW...Those are quite some increases....Particularly the 33% Bus Cash
Fare.....
Its all well and good to talk of it as an incentive to promote Off Bus
Ticketing BUT when the Travelcard increases by...
Forum: London Transport June 26th 06, 05:16 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By Alek
Stagecoach London Sale

Ermmm....Is Mr Livingston elegible for another term as Lawd Mayuh..?
Or is he calling it a day....?
Does any poster have a copy of the Shareholders Roll of the Mc Quarie
Bank...?
It all sounds very...
Forum: London Transport June 11th 06, 10:55 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Alek
Colossal temperatures on bus

Yes Dr John,But it does`nt take away from the essential simplicity of
Mookies Three Point Plan.

Quarter Drop windows as standard Side and Front with appropriately placed
Throughflow Vents should do...
Forum: London Transport June 9th 06, 10:15 AM
Replies: 25
Posted By Alek
Colossal temperatures on bus

Probably,Stuart,because to do so would be a tacit admittance that
traditional engineering and basic commonsense dictate that if U have some
quarter drop opening front windows and a slight breeze OR...
Forum: London Transport January 29th 06, 11:26 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Alek
Making the B14 even worse

So.....we may yet see a return of the Routemaster....?
Forum: London Transport January 13th 06, 05:11 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Alek
Oyster Paris?

Quote Dave N....

The FastTicket machines (*not* the appalling Scheidt and Bachmann
QuickTicket machines) aren't far off.

Interesting observation Dave..Here in Dublin our new LRT system went for...
Forum: London Transport December 5th 05, 11:05 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Alek
Bus jam

Yup...Most Po`Folks who actually use Buses to move about the place in London
Town generally made good and effective use of the Open Platform concept.
Contrary to the picture painted by some sections...
Forum: London Transport November 21st 05, 12:30 AM
Replies: 21
Posted By Alek
Heritage routes in service

Bow Road does have a Point there.....
TfL`s Director of Surface Transport,Peter Hendy has been quite voluble
lately on the ReRegulation issue and has underlined the size of
his.......Budget.
With...
Forum: London Transport October 22nd 05, 10:51 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By Alek
Bus jam in Notting Hill last Sunday

Jeepers Ivor I did`nt think it would be that quick.....early this mornin the
driver of a No 27 stopped between stops to allow us pair of lost non-locals
board his bus and then stopped well short of...
Forum: London Transport October 18th 05, 11:40 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By Alek
Bus jam in Notting Hill last Sunday

Was it Evel Knievels 75th Birthday bash...???
Forum: London Transport October 17th 05, 10:14 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Alek
Route 13 Routemasters

Bowroad points to Edinburgh and is quite correct to do so.
It is quite astonishing to see just how far ahead Lothian is in quality
terms even with its older vehicles.
The electronic destination...
Forum: London Transport October 9th 05, 11:28 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Alek
Last Day of 13`s Routemasters

Prob have to wait until the yoof matures and suffering from advanced
tinnitis has to bellow in everybody elses ear......"Have we reached Marble
Arch yet " !!!!!
Forum: London Transport October 4th 05, 11:20 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By Alek
Route 13 Routemasters

Too Bloody true matey.
Worse still is that the entire gubbins is readily available through
McKenna`s and known as Powerblind.
Sadly because it`s largely mechanical rather than sexy electronic...
Forum: London Transport August 17th 05, 12:04 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Alek
De Menezes casually picks up a Metro, rushes for a tube then gets killed - photo of body

It is indeed "Strange" Boltar.....
I was in London on the day of this chap`s ..........Killing.....and I too
heard at first hand the Police description of their operation.
It is fair to say that they...
Forum: London Transport August 8th 05, 12:09 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Alek
Route 43 murder

"B) Under 16s have a phtocard to claim free travel. If they misbehave
it will be withdrawn."
Robert........The withdrawl of a Under 16 Photocard is not something which
the average streetwize Tagger...
Forum: London Transport August 6th 05, 09:08 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Alek
Route 43 murder

Indeed...But one might be "Statistically" safer from either Terrorist or
Nutcase attack were there to be a Well Trained and Motivated Conductor on
board one`s bus.
Pressing ahead with the removal of...
Forum: London Transport July 20th 05, 09:49 AM
Replies: 27
Posted By Alek
What do you think about bus drivers ?

DEVASTATED even........ : )
Forum: London Transport July 20th 05, 02:01 AM
Replies: 27
Posted By Alek
What do you think about bus drivers ?

Tut Tut Ian...and U bein in PR and all that.....What`s all this HE
****...????
HE...HIS....?
I certainly hope You are not resorting to sexual stereotyping.....There`s
laws agin dat sorta ting U...
Forum: London Transport July 15th 05, 11:34 AM
Replies: 32
Posted By Alek
Tube staff experiences on 07/07

I wonder just how far Boltar`s knowledge of how the Bus System performed in
the immediate aftermath of the Bombings is based on his own geoghraphical
location and then by hearsay ?
The initial...
Forum: London Transport July 14th 05, 11:32 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Alek
Re Bomb Blasts in London

Indeed Looney,the Suicide scenario is not sitting easily with me.
Probably the most head scratching bit is the absence of a tape or video in
which the Suicidees make their last declarations and...
Forum: London Transport July 6th 05, 12:21 PM
Replies: 58
Posted By Alek
2012 Olympics come to London

Reckon Paris would be nice in the Spring of 2012....?
Ou est le Metro ?
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 05, 12:10 AM
Replies: 96
Posted By Alek
Buggies are wheelchairs!

Tell it like it is Ian...U The MAAAN...!
I personally feel that the term "17 Year Old Chav Slapper" has a certain
cachet .......a rough earthy reasonance with almost imperceptible hints of
exotic...
Forum: London Transport July 1st 05, 10:49 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By Alek
Buggies are wheelchairs!

Ian is being left out people......Can we have Ian back in please....???
Forum: London Transport June 28th 05, 08:50 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By Alek
Buggies are wheelchairs!

Here in Dublin the Rule is One Wheelchair OR in its absence ONE Occupied
buggy.
ALL others MUST fold and stow.
I am of the belief that this new category of Bus User is in fact becoming
responsible...
Forum: London Transport June 3rd 05, 12:37 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Alek
is it called a running board?

NO NO !!! ...keep going.......What happened AFTER U nudged the Rad
Showing results 1 to 25 of 58

Forum Jump