Showing results 1 to 25 of 373
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Annabel Smyth
Forum: London Transport October 24th 04, 09:03 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Annabel Smyth
A13: Why the new speed limit?

Do you seriously think that double glazing solves all these residents'
problems? What if it's hot and they want to open the window?...
Forum: London Transport October 24th 04, 05:30 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By Annabel Smyth
ELL odity

Since when did the definition of an orbital route mean it had to avoid
Zone 1? Why is it somehow less effective if it does touch...
Forum: London Transport October 15th 04, 07:55 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By Annabel Smyth
Dumb traffic lights

For example, I recently drove from Lewes to Eastbourne on a Saturday
morning, and was shocked at the congestion on the A27 at what I...
Forum: London Transport October 15th 04, 12:16 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Annabel Smyth
A Moorgate to London Bridge Tunnel (Old chestnut)

I've travelled on both, so presumably there some sets with NSE livery
and some with LU roundels over the previous livery. (Note that the...
Forum: London Transport October 15th 04, 12:15 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By Annabel Smyth
Dumb traffic lights

Still, you've established who causes congestion, and I'm sure if all school
journeys stopped tomorrow then congestion would suddenly...
Forum: London Transport October 14th 04, 02:57 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Annabel Smyth
CTRL domestics delay

TP wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 14 Oct 2004:

So after paying standard rates for the slowest trains in England
(Europe?) they're expected...
Forum: London Transport October 14th 04, 02:53 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Annabel Smyth
A Moorgate to London Bridge Tunnel (Old chestnut)

k wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 14 Oct 2004:

On 13 Oct 2004 22:39:49 GMT, Robin May

You must be mistaken. The Waterloo and City line...
Forum: London Transport October 14th 04, 11:06 AM
Replies: 34
Posted By Annabel Smyth
Holborn Viaduct

Colin Rosenstiel wrote to uk.transport.london on Thu, 14 Oct 2004:

http://www.londonrailways.net/snowhill.htm

Why does that link ask me for a user name and password now?

I don't know. It...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 04, 07:58 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By Annabel Smyth
Dumb traffic lights

David Splett wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 13 Oct 2004:

Ah, but even if I...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 04, 05:36 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By Annabel Smyth
Dumb traffic lights

David Splett wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 13 Oct 2004:

Don't forget, many of...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 04, 05:35 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Annabel Smyth
A Moorgate to London Bridge Tunnel (Old chestnut)

John Rowland wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 13 Oct 2004:

They were certainly NSE trains, but approximately tube gauge. The current 92
stock are still in NSE livery.

Er - when did you last...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 04, 11:37 AM
Replies: 43
Posted By Annabel Smyth
Dumb traffic lights

Nick H (UK) wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 12 Oct 2004:

Annabel Smyth wrote:

The maddening thing is it seems to be just South of the River.

I think this is supermarket queue...
Forum: London Transport October 12th 04, 03:38 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By Annabel Smyth
Dumb traffic lights

It amazes me how non drivers always seem to think they have a clue about
what its like to drive. Newflash: You don't! Plus most people I've...
Forum: London Transport October 12th 04, 01:23 PM
Replies: 282
Posted By Annabel Smyth
Bus driver complaint and OYBike

Jon Senior wrote to uk.transport.london on Tue, 12 Oct 2004:

In article ,
says...
Normally, when a pelican crossing is on a...
Forum: London Transport October 12th 04, 11:23 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Annabel Smyth
Public Footpaths

So, do you know which council is responsible for that area, and which
department handles public footpaths? Does anyone know the...
Forum: London Transport October 12th 04, 10:19 AM
Replies: 43
Posted By Annabel Smyth
Dumb traffic lights

thoss wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 11 Oct 2004:

In article , Boltar
writes
Who are the idiots who program...
Forum: London Transport October 12th 04, 10:14 AM
Replies: 282
Posted By Annabel Smyth
Bus driver complaint and OYBike

Tony Raven wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 11 Oct 2004:

Annabel Smyth wrote:
I dare say - when you step into the road and have to leap back on to
the
pavement to avoid being run down,...
Forum: London Transport October 12th 04, 10:11 AM
Replies: 282
Posted By Annabel Smyth
Bus driver complaint and OYBike

The bus drivers around here are, in the vast majority of cases, very good
and pleasant to share the road with. There are always some...
Forum: London Transport October 12th 04, 10:09 AM
Replies: 56
Posted By Annabel Smyth
Buses blocking the road

Nick H (UK) wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 11 Oct 2004:

Annabel Smyth wrote:

And why can't other drivers actually...
Forum: London Transport October 12th 04, 10:06 AM
Replies: 30
Posted By Annabel Smyth
End of London's Trams

Sorry, I didn't mean any offence to those "older people" who do use the
internet. You surely, however, agree that those in their...
Forum: London Transport October 11th 04, 02:32 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Annabel Smyth
Off peak travelcards

Buy your ticket from a sweet shop; the queues are shorter, the staff
friendlier, never short of change AND you can get a Mars...
Forum: London Transport October 11th 04, 02:29 PM
Replies: 282
Posted By Annabel Smyth
Bus driver complaint and OYBike

Paul Rudin wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 11 Oct 2004:

I suppose the argument turns on the "nearly" - one person's "nearly"
is another's "missed by miles"...

I dare say - when you step...
Forum: London Transport October 11th 04, 10:44 AM
Replies: 282
Posted By Annabel Smyth
Bus driver complaint and OYBike

Tony Raven wrote to uk.transport.london on Mon, 11 Oct 2004:

Annabel Smyth wrote:
Not even OAPs - I was very nearly sent flying by one the other day,
and
I am merely middle aged. All the...
Forum: London Transport October 11th 04, 09:24 AM
Replies: 30
Posted By Annabel Smyth
End of London's Trams

...York is 7th best Uni in the country accoring to the Times, and what
a lovely place to live, The Blue Bell in Fossgate (where...
Forum: London Transport October 11th 04, 08:29 AM
Replies: 282
Posted By Annabel Smyth
Bus driver complaint and OYBike

Nick Cooper wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 10 Oct 2004:

Yeah, well having seen speeding cyclists jumping reds at crossings and
coming within a hair's bredth of sending OAPs flying, I'll...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 373

Forum Jump