Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JMUpton2000
Forum: London Transport November 11th 06, 11:24 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By JMUpton2000
Is TOX back?

"Steve" wrote in message

Sadly, even though he may be known,...
Forum: London Transport September 26th 06, 10:27 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By JMUpton2000
Oxford Street Trams

"martyn dawe" wrote in message
If its got cars in it are you thinking about the right subway ?
--
What I actually was...
Forum: London Transport September 21st 06, 01:50 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By JMUpton2000
Oxford Street Trams

I know my geoghraphy vis a ve the proposed tram system is a bit rusty but
would not the disused Tram subway at Holborn be a suitable location for
stabling trams in the centre of the city off peak?
Forum: London Transport September 18th 06, 11:11 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By JMUpton2000
Southern 456

"ONscotland" wrote in message
What is the story with the 456 trains?

Southern have done what I consider a...
Forum: London Transport August 7th 06, 10:52 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By JMUpton2000
Waterloo & City line crane operation this weekend...

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 00:17:30 +0100, "JMUpton2000" securitynovels @
freeuk.com...
Forum: London Transport August 7th 06, 12:46 AM
Replies: 63
Posted By JMUpton2000
Underground Stations and missing panels....

Would someone mind explaining a mysterious phonomena that seems to be
striking random parts of random Underground stations across Central London?

I refer to the mysterious case of the phantom panel...
Forum: London Transport August 6th 06, 11:17 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By JMUpton2000
Waterloo & City line crane operation this weekend...

Hello

I went down there on Saturday and took some pictures of the first two cars
to be lowered down the hole which can be found he

http://gallery39764.fotopic.net/c1043033.html

The collection...
Forum: London Transport July 8th 06, 02:08 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By JMUpton2000
Closed tube stations

Strictly from a tourist's standpoint, does anyone know of any closed
or old tube stops...
Forum: London Transport June 21st 06, 12:24 AM
Replies: 190
Posted By JMUpton2000
St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

Something I wondered as I took a rare journey north of Baker Street on the
Jubilee Line the other day.

The on board scrolling displays and the tube maps say it is spelt St John's
Wood with...
Forum: London Transport May 2nd 06, 01:15 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By JMUpton2000
Ok, which TfL Idiot moved the High Holborn bus stop?

Would someone mind explaining the latest daft idea from TfL?

They have moved the High Holborn bus stop from its sensible location near
the station to some considerable distance away almost closer...
Forum: London Transport April 12th 06, 06:11 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By JMUpton2000
Goodbye London United?

Noted today that a lot of London United's vehicles in Oxford Street had been
stripped of their proper fleetnames and replaced with a really badly
designed Transdev fleetname in their place.

London...
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 06, 10:06 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By JMUpton2000
Waterloo & City Line Car Lift Operation

I'm not totally sure where the lift connected to, but I gather it was
to the main...
Forum: London Transport April 1st 06, 11:10 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By JMUpton2000
Waterloo & City Line Car Lift Operation

Hello

For those unaware this weekend sees the operation to lift out via the access
shaft the Waterloo & City Line 1992 Tube Stock before despatching to
Doncaster for overhaul whilst the line is...
Forum: London Transport March 9th 06, 10:32 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By JMUpton2000
Waterloo This Afternoon

I arrived at Waterloo today at about 1840. Trains about ten minutes
late, but...
Forum: London Transport February 11th 06, 09:13 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By JMUpton2000
Underground Chocolate Machines

I know they can be a bit of a lottery (half the fun really!) but I like the
fact you can pick up an emergency chocolate dosage at a tube station (not
Victoria Line at Victoria though for some...
Forum: London Transport November 30th 05, 07:26 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By JMUpton2000
Last two days of Routemasters

"Paul" Paul @whydoyoucare.co.uk wrote in message
on the 159 anyway.

timetable for special operations on Thursday the 8th are on line at
Forum: London Transport November 14th 05, 11:29 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By JMUpton2000
Heritage routes in service

Forum: London Transport October 30th 05, 12:12 AM
Replies: 71
Posted By JMUpton2000
Route 38 Routemaster last day

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
Pics here BTW:
http://gallery42239.fotopic.net/c741890.html

Forum: London Transport October 29th 05, 11:30 PM
Replies: 71

Forum: London Transport October 29th 05, 10:55 PM
Replies: 71
Posted By JMUpton2000
Route 38 Routemaster last day

Hello

I was fortunate to have this week off from work which meant that I got into
London on the Thursday to sample them on the last 'normal' day and even
then, the photographers were out in...
Forum: London Transport October 22nd 05, 10:17 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By JMUpton2000
How bendy is a bendy bus?

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

Is it bendy...
Forum: London Transport October 1st 05, 05:57 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By JMUpton2000
Whose daft idea was it to close Oxford Street today?

It would seem someone (I suspect a certain Mr Livingstone) had the 'bright'
idea of shutting off Oxford Street today from the Circus right through to
Portman Street.

This was apparently to...
Forum: London Transport July 7th 05, 11:46 PM
Replies: 85
Posted By JMUpton2000
LU chaos

The Stagecoach website is now confirming that it was a bus on their
route 30. This would not...
Forum: London Transport July 7th 05, 10:19 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By JMUpton2000
Bus Use in London Emergency

Forum: London Transport June 23rd 05, 12:04 AM
Replies: 54
Posted By JMUpton2000
London Buses - they got a special on light bulbs or something?

Hello

Is it some undeniably daft new regulation or is there some good reason why
an awful lot of Central London buses are now going around with their
headlights seemingly permanently (and IMHO...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30

Forum Jump