Showing results 1 to 25 of 230
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris Tolley
Forum: London Transport July 8th 06, 10:18 PM
Replies: 190
Posted By Chris Tolley
St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

James Farrar wrote:

On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 16:41:52 GMT, Chris Tolley
wrote:

On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 13:08:25 GMT, Chris Tolley...
Forum: London Transport July 8th 06, 04:41 PM
Replies: 190

James Farrar wrote:

On Sat, 08 Jul 2006 13:08:25 GMT, Chris Tolley
wrote:

Phil Clark wrote:

one of those words that is always plural, like trousers.

Never...
Forum: London Transport July 8th 06, 01:08 PM
Replies: 190

Phil Clark wrote:

one of those words that is always plural, like trousers.

Never stayed in a hotel room with a trouser press?
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p13309739.html
(43 090 at London...
Forum: London Transport July 4th 06, 02:14 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By Chris Tolley
Tube could close in future heatwaves

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

We're all getting too damn soft and the media don't help. When I was
a kid we just called it hot weather and got on with it. Now there are
endless announcements...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 06, 12:05 PM
Replies: 190
Posted By Chris Tolley
St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

Richard M Willis wrote:

Simply wrong. It's the singular form of pence in the same way that
pound is the singular form of...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 06, 09:00 AM
Replies: 190
Posted By Chris Tolley
St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

Richard M Willis wrote:

"Chris Tolley" wrote in message

lower than when people talk about "one pence coins").

What is wrong with "one pence coins" ?

Read one and...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 06, 07:25 AM
Replies: 190
Posted By Chris Tolley
St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

Dik T. Winter wrote:

What is plural in one language can very well become singular in
another language. Whether it was plural in the original lanuage does
not matter very much.

Generally, I...
Forum: London Transport July 2nd 06, 01:16 PM
Replies: 190
Posted By Chris Tolley
St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

Chris Tolley wrote:

Phil Clark wrote:

On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 09:54:57 +0100, "Richard M Willis"

My current pet hate is panini's,...
Forum: London Transport July 2nd 06, 01:14 PM
Replies: 190

Phil Clark wrote:

On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 09:54:57 +0100, "Richard M Willis"

My current pet hate is panini's, which is wrong on two...
Forum: London Transport July 2nd 06, 07:52 AM
Replies: 190
Posted By Chris Tolley
St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

Phil Clark wrote:

On Sat, 01 Jul 2006 13:46:01 GMT, "AstraVanMan"

Modern Dutch uses...
Forum: London Transport June 30th 06, 04:14 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Chris Tolley
ATTENTION BTP......

Conductor in Charge of.......... wrote:

All the evidence you need surely...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-717613466403917869&q=london+underground

Be nice to think the NT crew...
Forum: London Transport June 9th 06, 07:36 AM
Replies: 52
Posted By Chris Tolley
Shoreditch RIP

asdf wrote:

It will no doubt disappoint you to hear the following. I don't know
about the station itself, but according to TfL's ELLX video[1], the
Shoreditch "branch" from the extended ELL,...
Forum: London Transport June 9th 06, 07:25 AM
Replies: 52
Posted By Chris Tolley
Shoreditch RIP

Tristán White wrote:

Do we really want to lose even more history?

You appear to be confusing history with theme parks.
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9683651.html
(51908 (Class 108) at...
Forum: London Transport June 7th 06, 04:16 PM
Replies: 52
Posted By Chris Tolley
Shoreditch RIP

wrote:

Last train ex-Shoreditch is 20:33. I believe the following "staff"
train will carry invited big-wigs so the "genuine" passenger will be
unable to travel on the...
Forum: London Transport February 11th 06, 11:46 AM
Replies: 68
Posted By Chris Tolley
Rail link scheme a priority

Paul Hutchinson wrote:

The East Coast Main Line is currently way below the capacity achieved on
the Southern Main Lines every day.

Of that there is little doubt, in general. But then they are...
Forum: London Transport February 11th 06, 09:44 AM
Replies: 68
Posted By Chris Tolley
Rail link scheme a priority

Paul Hutchinson wrote:
I think technically there is ample capacity on the ECML
IOW - "there's no problem with capacity ...

Doing things like;
cancelling the NoL Eurostar Paths
banning...
Forum: London Transport February 10th 06, 10:42 AM
Replies: 68
Posted By Chris Tolley
Rail link scheme a priority

burkey wrote:

The Croxley Rail Link (CRL) and improvements at Watford Junction
Station have been identified by the East of England Regional Assembly
as priorities

Whilst I'm sure that the...
Forum: London Transport February 6th 06, 03:09 PM
Replies: 87
Posted By Chris Tolley
"Death Line" 1972 (Film)

Paul wrote:

Big question is how they managed to shut the Central line to film it -
unless it was done at Christmas

There are several free hours every day, or rather, night.

--...
Forum: London Transport February 6th 06, 02:54 PM
Replies: 87
Posted By Chris Tolley
"Death Line" 1972 (Film)

Graeme Wall wrote:

I must check with a cooleague

cooleague: n. 1. a fellow worker whose company one enjoys.

OED please note.
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9632889.html
(33 112 at...
Forum: London Transport February 5th 06, 08:11 PM
Replies: 87
Posted By Chris Tolley
"Death Line" 1972 (Film)

Paul wrote:

Does anyone know any more about such urban legends?

Well, people will make up all sorts of stuff to pass the time. But there
are several other pieces of entertainment that mine the...
Forum: London Transport January 20th 06, 03:55 PM
Replies: 125
Posted By Chris Tolley
More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

Peter Masson wrote:
"Chris Tolley" wrote in message
They don't even have to be separate words! TNT is...
Forum: London Transport January 20th 06, 11:20 AM
Replies: 125
Posted By Chris Tolley
More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

Graeme Wall wrote:
(Aidan Stanger) wrote:

They don't even have to be separate words! TNT is trinitrotoluene,

Tri-Nitro-Toluene, it is not...
Forum: London Transport January 19th 06, 01:12 AM
Replies: 125
Posted By Chris Tolley
More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

Chris Tolley wrote:

Graeme Wall wrote:

More like the Town Car then?

The horrible spectre of a fourteen quid three minute ride in a PPM is
looking...

spelling correction: looming
Forum: London Transport January 19th 06, 12:53 AM
Replies: 125
Posted By Chris Tolley
More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

Ian Jelf wrote:
In message , Ian F.

Of course, dropping the "road" changes things considerably. "Essex
Road" becomes "Essex", which is an entirely...
Forum: London Transport January 19th 06, 12:49 AM
Replies: 125
Posted By Chris Tolley
More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

d wrote:
"Martin Underwood" wrote in message
By failing to remove those signs, they are making people pay extra
for something that they don't need to and thus laying...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 230

Forum Jump