Showing results 1 to 25 of 108
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Forum: London Transport April 12th 11, 04:06 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Documentary would like to hear from LU staff

On Apr 7, 7:26*am, "Clive D. W. Feather" wrote:
I was contacted by a researcher and agreed to post the following:

"Rare Day Productions has been commissioned by a major...
Forum: London Transport March 13th 11, 10:52 PM
Replies: 54
Posted By [email protected]
East London Line extension to Highbury & Islington open today

On Mar 4, 11:07*pm, Tom Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 2 Mar 2011 22:34:44 +0000
Tom Anderson ...
Forum: London Transport December 1st 10, 04:26 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
SNOW JOKE

On Dec 1, 12:08*am, "Graham J" wrote:
The Croydon area seems to have been very badly hit.
The weather in the afternoon was much worse than it had been in...
Forum: London Transport December 1st 10, 04:10 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
SNOW JOKE

On Dec 1, 12:12*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:

On 30 Nov, 18:58, Paul Corfield ...
Forum: London Transport November 30th 10, 10:12 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
SNOW JOKE

On Nov 30, 10:25*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:14:37 -0800 (PST), MIG

Although there is mention of general...
Forum: London Transport November 29th 10, 04:48 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
London Bridge waiting rooms?

A google search finds very little information about women-only waiting
rooms, but I did find one suggestion that they went out of...
Forum: London Transport November 29th 10, 11:45 AM
Replies: 35
Posted By [email protected]
London Bridge waiting rooms?

ps How many Unisex toilets are there on UK platforms? Obviously the ones
on trains are, and the freestanding coin-operated ones, but...
Forum: London Transport November 28th 10, 06:21 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Oyster *Auto* top-up increased to ukp8

On Nov 24, 7:49*am, Paul wrote:

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 06:16:48 -0800 (PST), Paul...
Forum: London Transport October 6th 10, 04:44 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Stratford east-stairwells/passageway open.

Ah. *I remember going a fair way east under the Cental platforms to
where the old ticket window was in a subway, so maybe it's that...
Forum: London Transport October 5th 10, 03:29 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Stratford east-stairwells/passageway open.

Is the bit called "reopened eastern subway" the old route to the
depot? *In that case, it always led to the street, but didn't have...
Forum: London Transport August 8th 10, 08:33 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Guerilla advertising hits the 'Barclays' hire bikes already...

I've read what the website has to say; seems a pity that you can't pay
by Oyster card.

If I had something like a canal towpath available between home and
work then I might consider it, but even if...
Forum: London Transport August 8th 10, 11:39 AM
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Guerilla advertising hits the 'Barclays' hire bikes already...

On 7 Aug, 20:03, Mizter T wrote:

Why is wanting to use a bike for a longer period such a sin that it
should attract such a disproportionately high charge? How large is
the area...
Forum: London Transport August 6th 10, 08:57 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Guerilla advertising hits the 'Barclays' hire bikes already...

On 4 Aug, 10:08, Bruce wrote:

Given the time, perhaps people had hired these bikes elsewhere and
gone to the NFT to watch movies?

When I saw the 38 out of 40 slots...
Forum: London Transport August 6th 10, 03:24 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
Fantasy Stations

On 6 Aug, 16:15, Basil Jet wrote:

I believe that plan died a few years ago.

I've certainly seen it alive more recently than that; I think it's
died and been...
Forum: London Transport August 6th 10, 03:11 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By [email protected]
Stratford platform 3a

On 6 Aug, 03:36, "Dr. Sunil" wrote:

According to Wiki:
"Canary Wharf station had been part of the original DLR plans, but
when the system opened in August 1987 the...
Forum: London Transport August 6th 10, 02:58 PM
Replies: 36
Posted By [email protected]
Fantasy Stations

Does anyone know if there any plans to build any new stations and/or
extra platforms to link up some of the existing bits of...
Forum: London Transport August 5th 10, 07:19 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By [email protected]
Stratford platform 3a

On 5 Aug, 19:24, Bruce wrote:

When the line was built, Canary Wharf did not exist as anything other
than a disused wharf. *Until the Reichmann brothers came along with
Forum: London Transport August 5th 10, 02:21 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By [email protected]
Stratford platform 3a

I presume the DLR station, being in a separate building, will have its
own numbers/letters (probably the latter?).- Hide quoted...
Forum: London Transport August 2nd 10, 10:30 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By [email protected]
Stratford platform 3a

On 2 Aug, 15:44, "Dr. Sunil" wrote:
On 2 Aug, 15:37, wrote:

Forum: London Transport August 2nd 10, 02:37 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By [email protected]
Stratford platform 3a

As of this morning, a lot of the clutter and barricades (platform
side) had been removed from the new Central westbound platform...
Forum: London Transport July 30th 10, 01:28 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By [email protected]
Dalston J bus opening and ELL worry

If it's not practical to provide East London Line service to Leaisham,
how about he suggestion I made previously to e-open Brockly Lane
station, so at least it could be reached by one change there?
Forum: London Transport July 2nd 10, 04:17 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Viaducts

On 28 June, 14:32, Martin Edwards wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

Plenty of narrow roads through the arches though, or where would they
Forum: London Transport July 2nd 10, 04:09 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Aldwych Underground station: special exhibition

On 1 July, 19:07, Mizter T wrote:

I'm answering a question you haven't quite answered! Obviously the
crew can just go down the staircase - however, as I intimate, it's the
Forum: London Transport June 30th 10, 02:02 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Thames drilling rig

On 29 June, 07:24, Paul Terry wrote:
In message , Basil Jet
writes

There is a drilling...
Forum: London Transport June 29th 10, 04:51 AM
Replies: 158
Posted By [email protected]
Loogahgbaroogah

On 27 June, 21:06, Ian Jelf wrote:

Not quite a place name but an American lady living in Britain on a tour
of mine once said she caused amusement among her new...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 108

Forum Jump