Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Forum: London Transport March 29th 15, 01:25 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
How Long to Install a Lift?

On Monday, 23 March 2015 13:49:35 UTC, Paul Corfield wrote:

There is no step-free access to the Jubilee Line at London...
Forum: London Transport June 2nd 13, 12:32 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Rare Overground Track?

During work in the next few weeks on the Clapham Junction branch of the Overground the short stretch from Wandsworth Road to/from Clapham...
Forum: London Transport June 22nd 12, 08:56 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
The bus strike - Friday 22 June

I notice that currently at the top of the TfL homepage as present is a link to this PDF file:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/routes-running-normal-services.pdf
The style of the table looked...
Forum: London Transport November 27th 07, 01:32 PM
Replies: 46
Posted By [email protected]
Lack of GOBLin connections

On 27 Nov, 14:00, wrote:
Hi,
I'm mildly disappointed in the lack of connections the GOBLin line has
with tube lines (very mildly - it's not one of the things that...
Forum: London Transport June 19th 07, 09:11 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Bus fares to be cut to 90p from 30 Sept

On 19 Jun, 01:17, asdf wrote:
Ken Livingstone has announced that Oyster PAYG single bus fares are to
be cut from £1.00 to 90p from 30 September.

The price of a...
Forum: London Transport April 16th 07, 08:49 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Victoria line 2009 stock customer feedback

The responses were two PDF
documents that I have posted he

I attended the exhibition at Euston and wrote two responses in their
book, but only one of them appears in the PDF - "Why such a...
Forum: London Transport March 6th 07, 12:55 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
London Buses - number of double deckers, single deckers & artics

On 17 Feb, 16:19, "Stephen Allcroft"
wrote:
The most recent breakdown I have for TfL contracted buses was given in
Buses Focus 42 (July/Aug 2006)

Artics (1 type)...
Forum: London Transport February 11th 07, 07:52 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
London Buses - number of double deckers, single deckers & artics

As at 27/1/07 there were 7037 buses required to run the scheduled TfL
services on Mondays to Fridays when the schools are open. Note...
Forum: London Transport February 9th 07, 02:56 PM
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
London Buses - number of double deckers, single deckers & artics

Does anyone how many buses operate on behalf of London Buses (or know
how I can find out)? And how many of these are double deckers, single
deckers and articulated buses respectively?

Thanks,
Dominic
Forum: London Transport December 8th 06, 02:23 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
No incentive to travel off-peak on London Buses from January

This week TfL pledged £150,000 to Work Wise UK, an organisation
encouraging more flexible working hours. TfL's press release
highlighted how this helps manage demand on the transport...
Forum: London Transport November 1st 06, 02:07 PM
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Do national rail tickets work at Faringdon?

asdf wrote:
The only National Rail tickets valid for entry/exit at Farringdon are
those marked London Zone 1 or named as Farringdon.

...or "London Thameslink"

I have bought return tickets...
Forum: London Transport October 18th 06, 01:48 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Euston Square 'Wellcome' entrance open

Andy wrote:
Does anyone know when this entrance actually opened?

Around a month ago I believe. But still no sign of lifts. I thought
this station was supposed become wheelchair accessible. I...
Forum: London Transport August 29th 06, 11:02 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Oyster nonsense

No idea. But if you go to one of the larger ticket tube station
machines (the ones with a big screen) and touch your Oyster on the pad
it will display a listing of your last ten or so journeys....
Forum: London Transport October 26th 05, 04:06 PM
Replies: 148
Posted By [email protected]
New fares from 2 January 2006 - pdf

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/downloads/pdf/fares-tickets/fares-2006-leaflet.pdf

The Family Travelcard, Tube Carnet, Single zone Travelcard seasons and
some New Deal tickets are being withdrawn. But a...
Forum: London Transport October 18th 05, 07:28 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By [email protected]
False name & address on Oyster - any problems?

Barry Salter wrote:
(1) Is it possible to buy an Oystercard with a false name/address
and have no problems when I use it on account of the false details?

As long as you don't want a...
Forum: London Transport October 11th 05, 09:33 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Alcohol

Paul Corfield wrote:
I stand corrected then. Having looked at the LU site this would appear
to be the appropriate link

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/company/bylaws.asp

These bylaws apply to LU...
Forum: London Transport July 22nd 05, 03:36 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
One zone TC instead of Annual Bus Pass - can I really save money?

Thanks to you both. You've pointed out savings on non-Z1 journeys and
Gold Card benefits that I was unaware of. It's a shame I can't make
savings on Z1 journeys, whereas a Z3 resident could. I was...
Forum: London Transport July 21st 05, 09:36 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
One zone TC instead of Annual Bus Pass - can I really save money?

Ticketing experts required!!! I commute daily by bus from North
Finchley (Z4) to central London. An Annual Bus Pass costs £440. I am
aware from this group of the benefits of paying £448 instead for a...
Forum: London Transport June 23rd 05, 01:10 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
New bus station at North Finchley (Tally Ho Corner)

Does anyone know when this is going to open? It looks fully fitted out
with signs and furniture, but hasn't opened yet, whereas the apartments
and arts centre in the same development have been open...
Forum: London Transport June 15th 05, 10:09 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Wiltax Metrobus

I don't know exactly where they were going when you saw them, but
Wiltax's Metrobuses often do rail replacement work for South West
Trains. They're regulars on the Hounslow loop.

Dominic
Forum: London Transport May 31st 05, 01:56 PM
Replies: 32
Posted By [email protected]
CTRL St Pancras - Exhumed Bodies

Ian Johnston wrote:
On Tue, 31 May 2005 11:40:18 UTC, "Mizter T"
When on Thameslink it's certainly an odd to think that you're
travelling through a burial...
Forum: London Transport March 30th 05, 06:34 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
NCP to run Buses?

Paul Weaver wrote:
On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 18:16:30 +0100, Joe wrote:

From TfL Press Room
/*
Competition for contracts in London's £1.4 billion-a-year bus
market
is increasing as...
Forum: London Transport February 9th 05, 12:40 PM
Replies: 63
Posted By [email protected]
New victoria line trains

Boltar wrote:
Call me a cynic but I can't help thinking that flip up seats are
probably a lot cheaper than the real thing though I'm sure this
in no way would influence their decision , no no,...
Forum: London Transport January 17th 05, 08:02 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
The slow train into Victoria

It's hard not to question the effectiveness of TPWS in preventing
buffer stop collisions. It didn't prevent those low speed Pendolino
collisions in Liverpool. Would it prevent a high speed...
Forum: London Transport January 17th 05, 05:20 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Bus route statistics

This excellent site gives details of the Peak Vehicle Requirement:
http://www.londonbusroutes.net/details.htm
which you can multiply by capacity of a vehicle and divide by the route
length to get a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26

Forum Jump