Showing results 1 to 25 of 52
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Salmon
Forum: London Transport November 25th 07, 11:30 AM
Replies: 88
Posted By John Salmon
LT Museum Reopens

[Crossposted to uk.railway]
"Mizter T" wrote
Entry is £8, "Seniors" (presumably 65s and over) are £6.50, students
are £5.00, and following in the recent trend under-16s are free

Or should "Seniors"...
Forum: London Transport November 15th 07, 11:38 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By John Salmon
OT - for the attn of Google Groups users

"Mizter T" wrote
"John Salmon" wrote:
I'd assumed, from reading your posts, that you were "one of those
cerebral folk who read those newspapers
with words in them" rather than one of the...
Forum: London Transport November 15th 07, 11:09 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By John Salmon
OT - for the attn of Google Groups users

"Mizter T" wrote
And yes, before anyone says it, I know I'm a village idiot
simpleton
for using Google Groups rather than a proper newsreader but quite
frankly the first thing to come to...
Forum: London Transport October 8th 07, 10:45 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By John Salmon
What will become of the Heathrow Express with Crossrail?

"Jack Taylor" wrote
MIG wrote:

And weekend trains to Birmingham at Virgin's weekday prices that
take
longer than Chiltern.

Not the best time to have posted that, really! The other...
Forum: London Transport September 24th 07, 05:55 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By John Salmon
1938 Stock Tube Tours

Forum: London Transport September 18th 07, 06:25 PM
Replies: 96
Posted By John Salmon
1938 Stock Tube Tours

"Nick Leverton" wrote
There's a phenomenon known as microgricing

There is indeed. I *invented* that word, and I was responsible for
its first appearance in print - in an issue of Branch Line News...
Forum: London Transport September 6th 07, 10:53 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By John Salmon
GNER train question

"Mr Thant" wrote
Russ wrote:
Anyway, since I booked them separately, they wouldn't seat us
together. How difficult will it be come trip time to get two
seats
together?

If the...
Forum: London Transport August 16th 07, 04:11 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By John Salmon
chingford line trains

"Martyn Dawe" wrote
I believe these trains are based at Ilford does this mean that at
the
start of service they have to come into Liverpool street and out to
cross the lines to get to the...
Forum: London Transport July 22nd 07, 08:41 AM
Replies: 42
Posted By John Salmon
HEX colour codes for LU lines

"Richard J." wrote
John Salmon wrote:
Peter Smyth" wrote
"D7666" wrote
Can anyone tell me the *correct* HEX colour codes - if there are
any defined - for each LU line that could...
Forum: London Transport July 21st 07, 11:56 PM
Replies: 42
Posted By John Salmon
HEX colour codes for LU lines

Peter Smyth" wrote
"D7666" wrote
Can anyone tell me the *correct* HEX colour codes - if there are
any
defined - for each LU line that could used in HTML ?

Note for uk.railway...
Forum: London Transport June 19th 07, 10:30 PM
Replies: 33
Posted By John Salmon
Central line

"Paul Corfield" wrote
wrote:
"MIG" wrote
The Central Line is a line of the London Underground and
coloured red...
Forum: London Transport May 10th 07, 10:26 AM
Replies: 201
Posted By John Salmon
Critique my tube map

"John Rowland" wrote
Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
John Rowland writes

The Metropolitan Line has unused platforms at Swiss Cottage
station,
so the line should probably run closer...
Forum: London Transport May 10th 07, 10:11 AM
Replies: 201
Posted By John Salmon
Critique my tube map

"John Rowland" wrote
Sarah Brown wrote:
In article ,
On Wed, 9 May 2007, Peter Smyth...
Forum: London Transport May 8th 07, 10:24 PM
Replies: 201
Posted By John Salmon
Critique my tube map

"Mark Brader" wrote in message
John Salmon:
"Right-hand running on London Transport" was discussed in "The Why
and the Wherefore"...
Forum: London Transport May 8th 07, 04:01 PM
Replies: 201
Posted By John Salmon
Critique my tube map

"Clive D. W. Feather" wrote
The layout of the interchange is presumably the reason why the
Victoria Line runs "wrong way" from Warren Street to Kings Cross
(inclusive).

Correct. There...
Forum: London Transport May 5th 07, 11:41 PM
Replies: 201
Posted By John Salmon
Critique my tube map

I was going to criticise your use of 'critique' as a verb in the
title of this thread, but
http://www.answers.com/critique&r=67 ,
although referring to it as 'pretentious jargon', then seems to...
Forum: London Transport March 16th 07, 04:38 PM
Replies: 136
Posted By John Salmon
St Pancras 'Midland Road'

"Paul Scott" wrote
The new underground station at St Pancras for Thameslink services is
usually
referred to as 'Midland Road' in the various documentation available on
the
web.

Forum: London Transport February 12th 07, 12:07 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By John Salmon
Paddington platforms

"Richard J." wrote
When the line was built there were connections with the national
rail network, for through running from the Great Western suburban
stations. The four platforms in the...
Forum: London Transport February 2nd 07, 12:36 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By John Salmon
DLR in Stratford

"alex_t" wrote in message
As I can see the first of the new platforms wasn't finished in time.

In time...
Forum: London Transport January 2nd 07, 08:01 PM
Replies: 21
Posted By John Salmon
Kings Cross Thameslink and London Terminals

"Andrew Black (delete obvious bit)" wrote
My understanding is that from today all Zone 1 stations are equivalent
See
http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/LondonZonalFares.html

What do you...
Forum: London Transport December 16th 06, 11:57 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By John Salmon
Zone changes

"Paul Scott" wrote
"John Salmon" wrote
Anyone know any more, are any other stations moving - I'd guess the
whole Hainault loop is going into zone 4?

Yes. See:
Forum: London Transport December 16th 06, 05:23 PM
Replies: 37
Posted By John Salmon
Zone changes

I was at Chigwell earlier today and saw a poster stating that the station
would be moving to...
Forum: London Transport November 22nd 06, 12:33 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By John Salmon
Best Underground Book?

"John Shelley" wrote
Clive D. W. Feather wrote:
snip

# * Sixty Years of the Bakerloo, by Charles E.Lee,
# pub.1966 London Transport, P24p, no ISBN;
Haven't seen this. Note...
Forum: London Transport October 23rd 06, 01:42 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By John Salmon
Stratford Regional

"Tristán White" wrote
I don't suppose there's any way that the new scheme will mean that all the
trains that do this last stop of the route will end up at the same
platform, is there?

Of...
Forum: London Transport October 20th 06, 10:42 AM
Replies: 107
Posted By John Salmon
Rail network in London to adopt zonal fares

"Mizter T" wrote
This BBC London webpage include a fares table comparing the current and
future single (SDS), standard return (SDR) and cheap day return (CDR)
fares between a number of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 52

Forum Jump