Showing results 1 to 25 of 46
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Hearns
Forum: London Transport July 28th 07, 02:45 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By John Hearns
Route 395 returns?

Steve M wrote:
Due to a width restriction in the Rotherhithe Tunnel, only certain small
minibuses can fit through (along the lines of the Mercedes vehicles used
on the old 395). LU did look...
Forum: London Transport June 17th 07, 08:58 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By John Hearns
Luton airport - Central London (Bayswater)

Aglians wrote:
Which is the cheapest way to get Bayswater from Luton aiport? We are
adult and two 14 years old children.

Probably Easybus www.easybus.co.uk
Runs Luton Airport - Victoria Coach...
Forum: London Transport March 15th 07, 09:21 AM
Replies: 35
Posted By John Hearns
Foxy DLR

Tom Anderson wrote:

The lost land! The Bow back rivers area is one of my favourite places in
London; i don't know that i'd call it 'lost'. But then, i don't have to
live there!

Me...
Forum: London Transport March 14th 07, 05:53 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By John Hearns
Eurostar

wrote:

Reading all this has been very interesting Jack has I said we never
see any direct services south of the river from up here in Lancashire
hence my mention of...
Forum: London Transport March 14th 07, 05:34 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By John Hearns
Eurostar

wrote:
Later this year Eurostar is moving from Waterloo to St Panc is there a
new bridge being built across the Thames to accommodate it or is there
some existing line...
Forum: London Transport March 14th 07, 03:13 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By John Hearns
A stock after closure of ELL

John B wrote:

This leaves the ELL itself. I'm fairly sure this is third-rail from
New Cross / New Cross Gate to Dalston: although I haven't read
anything explicitly stating that this is the...
Forum: London Transport March 14th 07, 02:26 PM
Replies: 26
Posted By John Hearns
A stock after closure of ELL

wrote:
Was just thinking about the ELL (yes I truly have no life) and got to
thinking:

On the subject of the ELL, how is it going to be electrified?
(Yes, I know it has...
Forum: London Transport March 10th 07, 09:46 PM
Replies: 61
Posted By John Hearns
St Pancras station

Tom Anderson wrote:

I bought a tie ad Paddington a few months ago. I was on my way to a
cousin's wedding, and the tie i had didn't really match my shirt, so i
picked up a better one on the...
Forum: London Transport March 10th 07, 05:46 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By John Hearns
Euston to St Pancress

wrote:
Are there any changes of train needed between Euston and St Pancress
on the tube and how easy is it to use the bus between these two
stations and also please can...
Forum: London Transport March 9th 07, 11:25 AM
Replies: 61
Posted By John Hearns
St Pancras station

Paul Scott wrote:

I thought I'd repost the link to the undercroft drawing, from last November.
You can see the 4 openings marked at the far left of the main 'arcade'
through the...
Forum: London Transport February 23rd 07, 10:59 AM
Replies: 74
Posted By John Hearns
Passenger door buttons gone on refurb D Stock

Boltar wrote:

It wouldn't be a case of whether I would , but whether I could. Have
you ever travelled on the tube in the rush hour?

I heard on the Internet that the rush hour Tubes in...
Forum: London Transport February 23rd 07, 09:36 AM
Replies: 74
Posted By John Hearns
Passenger door buttons gone on refurb D Stock

Boltar wrote:

Because if they're using the tube as a daily method of transport and
not as once-a-month day out (in which case why waste money on disabled
access, just pay for a dial-a-ride...
Forum: London Transport February 22nd 07, 06:01 PM
Replies: 74
Posted By John Hearns
Passenger door buttons gone on refurb D Stock

Boltar wrote:

Odd , last time I viewed this post it was corrupted, now I can
actually see what you wrote. Anyway , it may be a useful amount if
only need those stations of routes via , but...
Forum: London Transport February 22nd 07, 04:44 PM
Replies: 74
Posted By John Hearns
Passenger door buttons gone on refurb D Stock

Boltar wrote:

More like a rolling of the eyes as people ignore reality in
transparently desperate attempts to get right-on brownie points.

No search for brownie points.
Just pointing out...
Forum: London Transport February 22nd 07, 09:16 AM
Replies: 74
Posted By John Hearns
Passenger door buttons gone on refurb D Stock

Boltar wrote:
Lifts are Green Park, for interchange with Jubilee.
Hammersmith for interchange with the District.
Earls Court for interchange with the District.
Heathrow terminals.
Forum: London Transport February 22nd 07, 09:03 AM
Replies: 74
Posted By John Hearns
Passenger door buttons gone on refurb D Stock

Boltar wrote:

How exactly does someone in a wheelchair get out and push? Or are that
always supposed to rely on good samaritans to help or take a friend
along everywhere?

Your replies on this...

Forum: London Transport February 22nd 07, 08:58 AM
Replies: 74
Posted By John Hearns
Passenger door buttons gone on refurb D Stock

Boltar wrote:

So thats six stations out of , what , 30 , 40? Are you suggesting
thats actually a useful amount?

Yes. You are saying that it isn't?

What if you are taking a flight from...
Forum: London Transport February 22nd 07, 08:42 AM
Replies: 74
Posted By John Hearns
Passenger door buttons gone on refurb D Stock

John Hearns wrote:

That sounds reasonable enough.

I will make my reply a little clearer, before Boltar starts to moan.
Ramps might be workable on open air stations on the suburban parts,...
Forum: London Transport February 22nd 07, 08:37 AM
Replies: 74
Posted By John Hearns
Passenger door buttons gone on refurb D Stock

MIG wrote:
On Feb 22, 7:24 am, Paul G wrote:

The platform/train thing is solved by staff with ramps on NR, so I
don't see why not on LU.

That sounds...
Forum: London Transport February 22nd 07, 07:40 AM
Replies: 74
Posted By John Hearns
Passenger door buttons gone on refurb D Stock

Paul G wrote:

Although I noticed Dagenham Heathway (which I used yesterday) is shown
as being wheelchair accessible and yet there's possibly half a foot
between the train floor height the...
Forum: London Transport February 21st 07, 05:27 PM
Replies: 74
Posted By John Hearns
Passenger door buttons gone on refurb D Stock

Boltar wrote:

I travel on the picc everyday. Never seen a wheelchair user once.
Besides which I can't see how they'd get out at most of the stations
given the drop from the train to the...
Forum: London Transport February 21st 07, 05:24 PM
Replies: 74
Posted By John Hearns
Passenger door buttons gone on refurb D Stock

Edward Cowling London UK wrote:

Oh, you should get down to the Natural History Museum, then. They've a
very good one there.

I think that's actually made of plaster...

God help us if...
Forum: London Transport February 21st 07, 05:22 PM
Replies: 74
Posted By John Hearns
Passenger door buttons gone on refurb D Stock

Boltar wrote:

Deep level tubes and all (Piccadilly)

I travel on the picc everyday.
Piccadilly line?
Forum: London Transport February 21st 07, 05:17 PM
Replies: 74
Posted By John Hearns
Passenger door buttons gone on refurb D Stock

Boltar wrote:

And why suddenly qualify with "in the rush hour".

Umm , because its busy then? Sorry , was I making this too
complicated?

Your original post made no mention of the rush...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 46

Forum Jump