Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DaveP
Forum: London Transport August 25th 09, 11:43 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By DaveP
Email from TfL

"Chris Read" wrote in
:

Just been sent an email from TfL, reminding me of the de-bendification
and de-Arrowing of the 521...
Forum: London Transport March 11th 09, 09:33 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By DaveP
Great Porland Street drips

wrote in news:a7d873ab-b3fb-4e3f-af21-
:

For several weeks now I have noticed buckets collecting water dripping
from the roof...
Forum: London Transport June 19th 08, 08:37 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By DaveP
Nice oyster scam

Anyway the whole Oyster system is just a scam to screw as much money
out of people as possible with the debatable sweetener of slightly faster

I realised breaks of journeys get charged for but...
Forum: London Transport April 26th 08, 03:44 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By DaveP
Annual Travelcard Refund

I came across this when I went into hospital 8 months into an annual.
The refund wasn't enough to cover the couple of months remaining

you "only" pay for 40 weeks, so you effectively get...
Forum: London Transport April 24th 08, 02:52 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By DaveP
Annual Travelcard Refund

I am thinking of buying a new Zone 1 - 4 annual, and then trading in
my Zone 2 - 4 annual. Is this possible, and how much will I get back

You might find they base any refund on the cost of...
Forum: London Transport January 19th 08, 03:44 PM
Replies: 69
Posted By DaveP
Oyster and National Rail season tickets

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the replay form FCC, though they are
dragging their heels on this, but I can't blame them what with all the
delay replay paperwork they're having to do this last...
Forum: London Transport January 19th 08, 03:44 PM
Replies: 69
Posted By DaveP
Oyster and National Rail season tickets

answers and only getting a sensible answer when I forwarded their
nonsense to FCC's managing director.

Remember now my last contact was over an erroneous price rise they put into
place where...
Forum: London Transport January 19th 08, 03:30 PM
Replies: 69
Posted By DaveP
Oyster and National Rail season tickets

I'm still tempted to think it is a valid combination, but I'd get rock-
solid confirmation of this first. I can certainly see grippers getting

I have emailed FCC to ask, although my last...
Forum: London Transport January 1st 08, 12:09 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By DaveP
Zonal Boundaries

Just to follow this up, now the journey planner is working again, zone
1 - 2 one-day travelcard is £5.30, and cheap day return Limehouse to
Southend is £11, total £16.30.

Zone 1 - 6...
Forum: London Transport January 1st 08, 11:56 AM
Replies: 38
Posted By DaveP
Zonal Boundaries

Well done, but why 1-4, and not 1-2?
Because for some odd reason it was cheaper to do it 1-4 than 1-2.
I seem to remember that it worked out cheapest to maximise the travelcard
part.

I...
Forum: London Transport January 1st 08, 11:54 AM
Replies: 38
Posted By DaveP
Zonal Boundaries

The rail companies have distance figures and the fares could be

So which of the 5 routes from Dartford to London would you use to
calculate the fare?

The average would be the best way....
Forum: London Transport December 31st 07, 10:22 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By DaveP
Zonal Boundaries

Zones are unfair because most people only use unlimited travel within
the central part of the system and not at the extremes.
Not true. I have a 456 travelcard and I use it all over these...
Forum: London Transport December 30th 07, 05:39 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By DaveP
Zonal Boundaries

A Transport for London spokesman said: "Our zonal boundaries are set
up to provide a simple and fair framework for setting distance based
ticket prices.

Zones are unfair because most people...
Forum: London Transport November 28th 07, 08:43 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By DaveP
Annual season ticket

I think you are answering a different question.

On NR anyway (see the National Rail Conditions of Carriage) there are

Yes, you're right - I misread the question, apologies to the OP, as you...
Forum: London Transport November 27th 07, 10:08 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By DaveP
Annual season ticket

2) If I move during the year and I want to extend or restrict the
zonal validity of my ticket, what are the costs involved?

They refund the difference between what you paid for the annual and...
Forum: London Transport October 29th 07, 10:50 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By DaveP
Drayton park old tunnels

I am blissfully unaware of the matchday situation above ground at
Finsbury Park for fans heading north on FCC, though I'm led to believe
it's not ideal. I'll endeavour to head up there after a...
Forum: London Transport October 19th 07, 08:44 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By DaveP
Gold Card season ticket and LT (was Annual vs monthly season tickets)

Having the discount for Day Travelcards would of course be great,
however so long as the discount is only available to zones 1-6 Day

I've certainly had the GOLDC discount issued on Z1-4...
Forum: London Transport October 19th 07, 03:02 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By DaveP
Gold Card season ticket and LT (was Annual vs monthly season tickets)

I split my travel into 2 tickets - a point to point into zone 4 and a

Of course what your ticket combination doesn't cover is travel in
zones 5 & 6 - for better or worse the rule demands...
Forum: London Transport October 18th 07, 08:07 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By DaveP
Gold Card season ticket and LT (was Annual vs monthly season tickets)

past. The notion that someone with say a Gold Card Travelcard (i.e.
an annual) for a few zones wants a further Day Travelcard for all the
zones seems to cause considerable confusion at LU...
Forum: London Transport October 4th 07, 01:00 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By DaveP
Great Northern inner surburban services - London travelwatch reponse to RUS

There's a mechanism by which Ken can specify and pay for additional
services on NR routes in the London area. I wonder if, probably once

i think it would be very successful, and might...
Forum: London Transport May 21st 07, 07:25 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By DaveP
First Capital Connect fare rise last weekend?

Someone pointed out that fares from Potters Bar to Oakleigh Park seem to
have nearly douled over the weekend - the booking office charged £25
instead of £15 for a 7 day ticket.

Checking online, my...
Forum: London Transport February 20th 07, 11:41 PM
Replies: 48
Posted By DaveP
fare dodgers

game of detaining someone who didn't have a ticket. In fact they
would probably open the gates if you asked nicely enough, lest they
be acqused of "false imprisonment" or kidnap?

More...
Forum: London Transport February 16th 07, 11:19 PM
Replies: 48
Posted By DaveP
fare dodgers

The gateline staff didn't seem too interested.

I told gateline staff about someone I saw doubling up at KX suburban as he
was heading for KX tube, he did the same there in front of both of us....
Forum: London Transport January 24th 07, 09:59 AM
Replies: 60
Posted By DaveP
Trains no longer waiting for pulling-up train

There have historically been white (compulsory) bus stops and red
(request) bus stops in London. There still are. Children are taught

At a white stop, you shouldn't need to. That's not...
Forum: London Transport January 21st 07, 11:28 AM
Replies: 57
Posted By DaveP
Penalty fares for sitting in First Class

those days) and I regularly upgraded to First - if I had time I would
do it at the ticket office or if the train was busy I would sit in
first and pay the excess fare - definately only the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 33

Forum Jump