Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alex[_3_]
Forum: London Transport February 26th 10, 11:15 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Alex[_3_]
DLR 3 car trains

A lot of site
clearance has taken place near Pudding Mill Lane - I assume for
Crossrail tunnel bores and DLR station moving.

The cleared space is for Olympics' parking (it was cleaned...
Forum: London Transport February 3rd 10, 07:10 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Alex[_3_]
Old photos of Euston

In the late 90s. When the economy was fine. Hence the marble-style
platforms.

Late 80s.
Forum: London Transport November 25th 09, 09:37 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Alex[_3_]
Kingsway Tramway

I went to one of those "art" exhibitions in the tunnels about 7 years ago.
Was very interesting. The tunnels that is. The art was the usual standard
issue pile of talentless garbage with self...
Forum: London Transport October 1st 09, 10:59 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Alex[_3_]
Kingsway Tramway

The disused Kingsway Tramway will be open for tours from 8th Oct - 8th
Nov. Seehttp://measure.org.uk/measurenews.htmlfor details on how to
book. Apparently there will be some coloured string to...
Forum: London Transport September 14th 09, 07:47 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Alex[_3_]
Tottenham Hale

Health and safety restrictions.

ARGH! Do they not do any passenger *inconvenience assessment* before
doing stupid stuff like that?
Forum: London Transport May 1st 09, 12:54 PM
Replies: 82
Posted By Alex[_3_]
London Underground 'best metro in Europe'

Hammersmith-Acton Town was always fun for that reason!

Heh, each time I'm in the train passing through that section I feel
like a tiny bit more and the train will JUMP away from the track :-)
Forum: London Transport April 27th 09, 04:14 PM
Replies: 82
Posted By Alex[_3_]
London Underground 'best metro in Europe'

If they were to rate architecture and general impressiveness of
appearance - then Moscow Metro would probably win. But as a transport
service it certainly lags behind.
Forum: London Transport April 23rd 09, 12:20 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Alex[_3_]
East London Line Ex Ph 2 funding deal / loss of Vic - Bellinghamservice

Also the new Shoreditch Station is to be in Zone 1 as
demanded by the DfT.

There goes concept for Zone 2 OrbiRail then...
Forum: London Transport December 8th 08, 11:06 AM
Replies: 34
Posted By Alex[_3_]
Good to see the piccadilly line is as **** as ever

I bet the free beer and sex offer wouldn't cover south London. *Bah.

South London is where the monsters live. Why would you want to be
there?
Forum: London Transport November 25th 08, 10:20 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Alex[_3_]
Jubilee Line reliability

Well the line is running at maximum capacity...I think.

It did not stop it from working quite well before. Well, the Jubilee
definition of "quite well" - but still much better then last 2-3 weeks.
Forum: London Transport November 13th 08, 01:16 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Alex[_3_]
Back!

Somewhat shocking that Demon, the progenitor of UK internet access,
should have managed to make such a meal out of providing usenet
access. Does this mean newsgroups are dying?

Not completely...
Forum: London Transport November 13th 08, 01:12 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Alex[_3_]
TFL and MSIE8 Beta

IE has never been compliant since the day it was launched so no prizes
for guessing who.

IE8 is a major rewrite with complete support of most common industry
standards - so there is high...
Forum: London Transport October 17th 08, 08:43 AM
Replies: 29
Posted By Alex[_3_]
Wood Lane station

"WOOD LANE STATION: No step free access to the westbound platform due
to a faulty lift." !!

Exactly the same as it was with Langdon Park last year. One wonders
whether they did any testing...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 08, 04:45 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Alex[_3_]
Wood Lane station

Presumably via Vauxhall?

If only!
Kennington - Wandsworth Road (and looking at location I don't think
it would be interchange with National Rail) - Battersea Power Station
Forum: London Transport October 13th 08, 04:44 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Alex[_3_]
Wood Lane station

Not quite - the split would increase the number of people changing at
Camden Town, and the station can't handle that. Splitting the line thus
involves rebuilding Camden Town.

It is...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 08, 04:39 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Alex[_3_]
Wood Lane station

TfL have stopped making noises about it. They seem to have decided
they're happy with the status quo. From what I hear the plan to reuse
Victoria Line stock is definitely dead.

Crap :-(

Forum: London Transport October 13th 08, 04:38 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By Alex[_3_]
Wood Lane station

Nor is Metropolitan! :-)

Tell it to TfL ;-)
Forum: London Transport October 13th 08, 09:34 AM
Replies: 29
Posted By Alex[_3_]
Wood Lane station

Cross river transit? Or has that been cancelled (and replaced by
scummy dangerous murder-buses)

That's not tube ;-)

* Bakerloo to Watford Junction (will happen eventually, but not...
Forum: London Transport October 9th 08, 07:27 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By Alex[_3_]
London bus strikes

30,000 A YEAR!!!! *I WENT TO UNIVERSITY FOR 4 YEARS, AND DID 2 YEARS'
TRAINING AFTER THAT, AND 20 YEARS LATER I STILL DON'T GET THAT MUCH!

No wonder you are so angry.
Forum: London Transport October 7th 08, 08:50 AM
Replies: 61
Posted By Alex[_3_]
New subsurface trains

In the Upminster example provided, I would consider a small taxi journey
reasonable enough; Upminster to Barking or East Ham say, but not Ealing
Common or Neasden. But common sense needs to...
Forum: London Transport October 6th 08, 02:57 PM
Replies: 61
Posted By Alex[_3_]
New subsurface trains

Is the commute in your proposal part of the working day?

How commute can be a part of the working day???
Forum: London Transport October 6th 08, 10:50 AM
Replies: 30
Posted By Alex[_3_]
Crossrail Update

The "much loved" Astoria is in really bad state and shadow of the
former self - not much regret here (from a regular visitor).
Forum: London Transport October 6th 08, 10:43 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Alex[_3_]
Southern Mess

Why didn't TfL
Journey Planner offer these options?

I thought that TfL Journey Planner has built-in bias towards directing
passengers to TfL's own services? (and not National Rail)
Forum: London Transport August 17th 08, 09:48 PM
Replies: 55
Posted By Alex[_3_]
Hey ho, hey ho, its off to strike we go...

Where would they get the drivers and trains from at such short notice?
(We have to have at least 2 weeks notice of change of duties).

Don't they have some extra stock available? (above number...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27

Forum Jump