Showing results 1 to 25 of 482
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul Terry[_2_]
Forum: London Transport March 21st 12, 04:11 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
Heathrow cabbie queue-jumping local destinations?

In message , Mizter T
writes

Is there any information out there - e.g. a map or indicative list - of
the local areas near Heathrow which will...
Forum: London Transport March 13th 12, 05:30 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
Non-existent Oyster single fares

In message , Mizter T
writes
That's not necessarily a given.

Thanks, Mizter T
--
Paul Terry
Forum: London Transport March 13th 12, 11:30 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
Non-existent Oyster single fares

In message
6548854.958.1331590586661.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@vbhy1,
writes

My contact's local station is Walthamstow Queens Road, I've been searching for single fares...
Forum: London Transport February 27th 12, 04:39 PM
Replies: 48
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
Blackfriars has re-opened

In message , Paul Scott
writes

You don't need to be going to Aberdeen. Anywhere ungated on any NR
route outside London...
Forum: London Transport February 26th 12, 08:16 AM
Replies: 1,201
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
cards, was E-ZPass, was CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

In message , Stephen Sprunk
writes

AIUI, in Europe the customer is liable for fraud with EMV cards,

Not in the UK. A law was introduced back in...
Forum: London Transport February 25th 12, 12:01 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
Magic Wall at Farringdon

In message
,
lonelytraveller writes

That's a nice marble-like wall on one side of...
Forum: London Transport February 21st 12, 09:40 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
"Air Line" (Thames Cable Car) construction works

In message , Part Timer
writes

It crosses the London City Airport flight path so I was told.

I think you were told wrong. Obviously you cannot...
Forum: London Transport February 20th 12, 12:09 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
Bond Street 3D

In message
,
lonelytraveller writes

But isn't Old Bond St just the original Bond...
Forum: London Transport February 1st 12, 12:24 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
Post Office Railway - mothballed?

In message , Bruce
writes

That's good to hear. Any idea where they might be going for display?

I'm pretty sure its the BPMA...
Forum: London Transport January 29th 12, 10:42 AM
Replies: 1,201
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
CharlieCards v.v. Oyster (and Octopus?)

In message , MatSav
writes

In practice, however, people don't realise the difference - and
flag down the bus anyway.

TfL effectively removed...
Forum: London Transport January 13th 12, 07:07 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
Hammersmith Flyover to reopen to light traffic - BBC News

In message , Bruce
writes

So Hammersmith is very much a one-off. That doesn't mean that other
structures don't have problems...
Forum: London Transport January 6th 12, 06:11 PM
Replies: 55
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
Why isn't the 2009 stock walk through like the S stock?

In message ,
writes

I suppose then the fact that they've managed it on the Paris Metro who's
Forum: London Transport December 30th 11, 02:09 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
UK commuters 'pay more for trains'

In message , Basil Jet
writes

The price of a 2011 season ticket from Woking in Surrey to London,
including Tube travel...
Forum: London Transport December 30th 11, 01:51 PM
Replies: 49
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
Heathrow Free Travel Area

In message , tim....
writes

And then there are the people who arrive on the "Woking/Reading" bus that
doesn't serve T4 anymore

That's...
Forum: London Transport December 29th 11, 06:54 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
London Bus Fares Rising Fastest

In message
,
Paul writes

Also of interest is the statement at the end of the article saying
that 40% of...
Forum: London Transport December 29th 11, 02:46 PM
Replies: 49
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
Heathrow Free Travel Area

In message ,
writes

They will be the least likely to change from one terminal site to another,
surely?

Not...
Forum: London Transport December 29th 11, 11:31 AM
Replies: 49
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
Heathrow Free Travel Area

In message , Roland Perry
writes

And how many airline passengers have Oyster cards?

Quite a few I would imagine, given the number of people...
Forum: London Transport December 23rd 11, 07:25 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
A4 Hammersmith Flyover closed due to 'serious structural defect'

In message , Bruce
writes

A flyover which forms part of a key route out of west London has been
shut due to a serious...
Forum: London Transport December 21st 11, 07:14 PM
Replies: 78
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
Modern double deck trams

In message , Graeme Wall
writes

Very nice, it says its 1950s but that looked like an early 60s Austin
A40 parked by the roadside...
Forum: London Transport December 11th 11, 09:43 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
Tfl Christmas Travel Information

In message
,
Mizter T writes

it's cheaper the more passengers you have (one adult GBP40, two are
GBP70,...
Forum: London Transport December 6th 11, 04:24 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
'Tube' Map of Canals & Rivers

In message , Roland Perry
writes

What that doesn't tell us is what was there before the 1930's and it
would be necessary to look at some old...
Forum: London Transport December 5th 11, 04:04 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
Battersea extension up in smoke?

In message ,
writes

I got off a train from clapham junction to victoria at vauxhall a few years
back. Perhaps that service doesn't exist...
Forum: London Transport November 20th 11, 03:06 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
Boost for Tube extension plan as Wandsworth gets triple-A ratings

In message , Clive
writes

Sorry but this link just gives me a 404.

You need to include the last letter of the link, which was...
Forum: London Transport November 20th 11, 12:41 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
Boost for Tube extension plan as Wandsworth gets triple-A ratings

In message , Basil Jet
writes

I know the Kennington loop only connects with...
Forum: London Transport November 20th 11, 10:53 AM
Replies: 44
Posted By Paul Terry[_2_]
Boost for Tube extension plan as Wandsworth gets triple-A ratings

In message , Clive
writes

I'll be as clear as I can. I don't know anything about London but a
friend of mine that lives there...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 482

Forum Jump