Showing results 1 to 25 of 41
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Forum: London Transport June 10th 09, 06:09 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
New Electrostar problems

On Jun 10, 6:22*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Axle bearing faults apparently,

Seems bearings was a duff rumour

No ... axle bearings are the traction...
Forum: London Transport June 10th 09, 05:08 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
New Electrostar problems

On Jun 10, 3:54*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Axle bearing faults apparently,

Seems bearings was a duff rumour anyway now...

No ... axle bearings are the...
Forum: London Transport June 10th 09, 04:55 PM
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
Modern Railways, June

Actually, many of the RTL and RTW (6RT and 7RT) got withdrawn at the end of
the 1960s and were cut up, which was a bit of a...
Forum: London Transport June 10th 09, 04:50 PM
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
Modern Railways, June

On Jun 10, 4:38*am, "Stephen O'Connell" wrote:

hear the same. They were notoriously unreliable from the word go,

Unreliable? Yet some of them are still operating on the...
Forum: London Transport June 9th 09, 08:51 PM
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
Modern Railways, June

On Jun 9, 9:41*pm, 1506 wrote:

They seemed so solid.

A MetroVick CoBo is also quite solid.

--
Nick
Forum: London Transport June 9th 09, 08:48 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By [email protected]
Oyster PASYG on National rail during tube srike

I am sure I have read somewhere that Heathrow Express most certainly are
*not* passing LUL ticket holders or PAYG users during the...
Forum: London Transport June 9th 09, 08:15 PM
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
Modern Railways, June

On Jun 9, 8:57*pm, MIG wrote:

However, that's only a minor
nitpick. They are lovely trains to see around, especialy in a red
livery. It brings back...
Forum: London Transport June 9th 09, 05:31 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By [email protected]
Oyster PASYG on National rail during tube srike

On Jun 9, 4:23*pm, Mizter T wrote:

, but at London Bridge
this requires one to touch-in or out on the standalone Oyster readers
on the Thameslink platforms and then you...
Forum: London Transport May 28th 09, 09:19 PM
Replies: 47
Posted By [email protected]
Croxley Rail Link 'complete by 2014'

Works application set to be submitted in May next year. A public
inquiry is proposed for February 2011.

Thats excellent news! Does that mean the current Watford station will
close?

Forum: London Transport May 17th 09, 03:56 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By [email protected]
Crossrail under way

On May 17, 1:29*pm, "John Rowland"
wrote:

Do they have to dig the tunnels that connect to the station first, or
does the station box come first?

Forum: London Transport May 17th 09, 03:50 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By [email protected]
Crossrail under way

On May 16, 6:52*am, MIG wrote:

Or will they stick with three totally separate Canary Wharf stations, and
have a pretty confusing set of 'outerchanges'?

Forum: London Transport May 6th 09, 06:26 AM
Replies: 148
Posted By [email protected]
Sense seen on Crossrail at last?

On May 5, 4:56*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

NEW CROSSRAIL ROUTE SAFEGUARDED

I'm one of those that doesn't *think Reading will be that useful a Crossrail
Forum: London Transport April 15th 09, 04:19 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By [email protected]
Is the teacup necessary?

On Apr 14, 8:58 pm, Mr Thant
wrote:

Every afternoon day I have seen or used a train heading east from...
Forum: London Transport April 14th 09, 04:51 PM
Replies: 68
Posted By [email protected]
Is the teacup necessary?

On Apr 7, 10:49 am, Mr Thant

the east end of Edgware Road so that there's always level access to
the next onward train. Trains rarely leave the...
Forum: London Transport April 12th 09, 05:01 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
London: Oyster Card & British Rail

On Apr 7, 11:30 pm, Charles Ellson wrote:

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 14:47:13 -0700 (PDT),
dealt with non rail property issues,...
Forum: London Transport April 5th 09, 08:19 PM
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Victoria Line - always DOO?

On Apr 5, 8:39 pm, Tony Polson wrote:

to Le Touquet

Shoreham to le Touquet ceased in Feb.2009 when SkySouth cased
operations. Not sure but think that might have been...
Forum: London Transport April 5th 09, 01:52 PM
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Victoria Line - always DOO?

On Apr 4, 9:39 pm, Tony Polson wrote:

Argosy

Idle curiosity, what route and when [or was it a military flight ?].

I assume you mean the 1950/1960s AW Argosy...
Forum: London Transport April 3rd 09, 02:33 PM
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Victoria Line - always DOO?

On Apr 3, 1:34 pm, "Recliner" wrote:

Viscounts, all of which appear to be long gone, alas.

The experience wasn't helped by the steady trickle of oil flowing out...
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 09, 08:17 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Victoria Line - always DOO?

A European Safety directive I believe, which required the fitting of
safety slides (even though the passenger door is only 4ft...
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 09, 08:10 PM
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Victoria Line - always DOO?

And, so far as passenger flights go, Air Atlantique has been analogous to
preserved-power railtours for a very long time. IIRC the...
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 09, 07:42 PM
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Victoria Line - always DOO?

On Apr 2, 8:31 pm, wrote:

Not in the UK any more.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/coventry/content/image_galleries/dakota_last_flight_gallery.shtml?21

--
Nick
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 09, 07:31 PM
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Victoria Line - always DOO?

On Apr 2, 7:41 pm, "Michael R N Dolbear" wrote:

Some 1940-1946 airliners, eg DC-3s Dakotas C-47s remain in constant
daily use even if this is sightseeing.

Not in the UK any...
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 09, 02:08 PM
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Victoria Line - always DOO?

On Apr 2, 11:16 am, rail wrote:

Very sophisticated for the time; remember, practical ICs were a decade or
more in the future.

And the line had - and still has -...
Forum: London Transport April 1st 09, 11:55 PM
Replies: 80
Posted By [email protected]
Victoria Line - always DOO?

On Apr 1, 10:25 pm, "Chris Read" wrote:
Thanks all. I had thought that DOO on the tube was a 1980s phenomenon.

Chris

minor nitpick

Its not called DOO on the...
Forum: London Transport March 23rd 09, 05:53 PM
Replies: 66
Posted By [email protected]
377 on Thameslink

remainder of the small sub-batch for FCC should be following shortly.

It still seems a ridiculous solution to me, introducing another fleet for
Hornsey to maintain. Why all of the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 41

Forum Jump