Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Martin Petrov
Forum: London Transport January 15th 11, 11:55 AM
Replies: 20
Posted By Martin Petrov
North dock drained for crossrail

On Jan 14, 2:26*pm, wrote:
Just read they've drained the north dock down at canary wharf for xrail.
Is this going to be a permanent situation? If it is perhaps its time...
Forum: London Transport October 28th 09, 01:54 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Martin Petrov
New Tottenham Hotspur stadium....

No. Among other things, the fact that the depot is on the wrong side of the
level crossing was considered an issue.http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/futureplans/location.html

Thanks.

That's a...
Forum: London Transport October 28th 09, 11:35 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Martin Petrov
New Tottenham Hotspur stadium....

I've not managed to find paricularly well detailed info on it but I
assume that if they were to build a stadium that was 60% more than
their existing capacity, then they'd be on the hook for some...
Forum: London Transport October 2nd 09, 01:35 PM
Replies: 3
Posted By Martin Petrov
DLR at West India Quay

does anyone know why trains going from Canary Wharf to Poplar have
such a problem with stopping and opening their doors at West India
Quay?

for the last month or two it's consistently been unable to...
Forum: London Transport September 29th 09, 02:09 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Martin Petrov
Can I buy a ticket from a LU station (Leyton) through to Gatwickairport?

On 28 Sep, 17:40, "David A Stocks" wrote:

Forum: London Transport September 28th 09, 11:55 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Martin Petrov
Can I buy a ticket from a LU station (Leyton) through to Gatwickairport?

I'm flying out of Gatwick tonight at 6pm, and am wary that if I turn
up at London Bridge this evening at about 4pm, I might find that
there's a queue a mile long at London Bridge ticket office - can...
Forum: London Transport July 14th 09, 03:27 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Martin Petrov
378s to be unveiled today - BBC

On 14 July, 15:15, Mizter T wrote:
On Jul 14, 2:53*pm, "Basil Jet"

wrote:

Hackney Central/Hackney...
Forum: London Transport July 9th 09, 08:14 PM
Replies: 310
Posted By Martin Petrov
HS1 Domestic trains are a bit busy

On 8 July, 20:57, 1506 wrote:

"Paul Scott" wrote...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 09, 06:58 PM
Replies: 58
Posted By Martin Petrov
Penalty Fares at mainline stations inside the zones....

On 3 July, 19:02, "solar penguin"
wrote:
Martin Petrov wrote:

Drop the sarcasm cos it makes you look a cock.

Better than sounding...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 09, 06:44 PM
Replies: 58
Posted By Martin Petrov
Penalty Fares at mainline stations inside the zones....

You can't simply look at the tickets and see how many you've got left.
Instead you have to mess about with your online balance and stuff.
That's annoying.

I agree that's a definite...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 09, 05:01 PM
Replies: 58
Posted By Martin Petrov
Penalty Fares at mainline stations inside the zones....

On 3 July, 17:33, "solar penguin"
wrote:
On 3 July, 16:40, "solar penguin"
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 09, 04:44 PM
Replies: 58
Posted By Martin Petrov
Penalty Fares at mainline stations inside the zones....

On 3 July, 15:45, Mizter T wrote:

This morning I had to travel to Leyton to Ilford and needless to...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 09, 04:05 PM
Replies: 58
Posted By Martin Petrov
Penalty Fares at mainline stations inside the zones....

On 3 July, 16:40, "solar penguin"
wrote:
This morning I had to travel to Leyton to Ilford and needless to say,
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 09, 02:16 PM
Replies: 58
Posted By Martin Petrov
Penalty Fares at mainline stations inside the zones....

This morning I had to travel to Leyton to Ilford and needless to say,
given I haven't bought a paper ticket in London for YEARS due to
always having a monthly or annual travelcard and auto top up on...
Forum: London Transport April 5th 09, 02:10 PM
Replies: 49
Posted By Martin Petrov
Broad Street station

An alternative plan that was floated but never researched in detail (AFAIK)
was to extend the DLR to Finsbury Park, using the Canonbury Curve - grade
separation for that would have been much...
Forum: London Transport April 3rd 09, 10:43 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Martin Petrov
new Stratford London Overground platforms

Apologies if it's already been posted, but I haven't spotted if it is
- I noticed on the way back from work today that the London Overground
platforms will be opening on Wed 15th April. A *slightly*...
Forum: London Transport March 8th 09, 05:46 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Martin Petrov
Tower Gateway

Never really used it much in my life, but took a detour to see what
they've done to it while it was closed. Seemed a little odd to me -
what was the reasoning behind turning a 2 platform station into...
Forum: London Transport February 4th 09, 11:20 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Martin Petrov
New platforms at Stratford

Any hint of when they might open?

Easter, allegedly. NRE reports a closure on 10 April (Good Friday).

Ta!
Forum: London Transport February 4th 09, 10:43 AM
Replies: 10
Posted By Martin Petrov
New platforms at Stratford

Any hint of when they might open? Is someone getting their backsides
kicked over the delay?

The boards were showing actual destinations and actual trains when I
looked recently.
Forum: London Transport February 3rd 09, 02:42 PM
Replies: 75
Posted By Martin Petrov
Oyster sceptic.

No wonder the Guardian is losing readers every year.

Note - it's a "comment" in the newspaper, rather than an editorial or
some such. My posting it didn't have a Guardian bashing agenda,...
Forum: London Transport February 3rd 09, 01:15 PM
Replies: 75
Posted By Martin Petrov
Oyster sceptic.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/feb/03/oyster-card-transport-london

Dearie me, what a grade A plank.

Reduces dwell times for buses (massively) and reduces the opportunity
for drivers...
Forum: London Transport February 1st 09, 12:02 PM
Replies: 103
Posted By Martin Petrov
Euston Station

It's not preparation work for the big rebuild, instead it's more
immediate improvements, although Network Rail say they will
"complement" the proposed future redevelopment. The big rebuilding...
Forum: London Transport January 12th 09, 11:29 AM
Replies: 65
Posted By Martin Petrov
DLR to Woolwich set to open this Saturday, 10 January

On 12 Jan, 08:33, Mwmbwls wrote:

For Wharfies travelling in from Woolwich and points East, the good news
is that the...
Forum: London Transport January 10th 09, 02:58 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Martin Petrov
DLR to Woolwich set to open this Saturday, 10 January

On 10 Jan, 09:11, Arthur Figgis wrote:

So, did it?

Am I first to report that YES it definitely did, and I this afternoon
I travelled from Bank to Woolwich, and then...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24

Forum Jump