Old January 15th 15, 03:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 5 car Overground trains to Watford Junction

On Thu, 15 Jan 2015 10:02:18 -0600
wrote:
You must be a fan of the mayor. He doesn't care where the freight goes
either as long as he can have more passenger trains on the NLL.

Actually I can't stand the man. His lovable buffoon act is worn out and cynical
and so are his policies. But that aside, I don't see why freight trains can't
go through london at night like HGVs do. There can't be THAT many of them.

--
Spud

Old January 16th 15, 06:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 14:53:06
on Thu, 15 Jan 2015, remarked:
If we filter on trains passing through Stratford [so excluding WA,
Chingford etc] and Watford Junction on their way to the respective
stations, in the hour from 8am, it's 35 to Liverpool St and 11 to
Euston.

Recliner has already reminded us we're not just talking about
passengers, with the WCML being the busiest mixed-traffic railway in
Europe, supposedly. Since the discussion is about freight on the NLL
we might have thought you'd have remembered that.

Can you post a link to 24tph freight trains each way on the WCML?

No, but then I never mentioned any such figure.

It's what's needed to add to the 11 passenger trains to get towards
the 35 passenger and 2 freights on the GWML.

Eh? Where did the GWML come in?

Do keep up! It was my suggestion of the busiest main line.

The WCML congestion would be better measured at Rugby I think.

Weren't we looking for the busiest, rather than the most congested?

And, of course, freight traffic is depressed in the passenger peaks.

Let's try Rugby and Shenfield, for 10am to 11am:

Rugby: 30 trains, of which five are freight.
Shenfield: 33 trains of which two are freight.

So a bit closer, but by no means a walkover for the WCML.