Old October 14th 16, 07:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Battersea extension

In message , at 17:31:43 on Thu, 13 Oct
2016, tim... remarked:

electoral roll, planning permission applications[1],

do they have names on?

The former would be pretty useless without names on, and yes, the latter
do, or I wouldn't have mentioned it.

Old October 14th 16, 08:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry"

electoral roll, planning permission applications[1],

do they have names on?

The former would be pretty useless without names on, and yes, the latter

do, or I wouldn't have mentioned it.

I recently discovered

Part-B-Entitlement-to-register-March-2010.pdf

Some special category electors must be entered on the register
without their qualifying address or without their name and qualifying
address. Further information on such electors can be found in Part F,
‘Special category electors’.

http://www.electoralcommission.org.u...March-2010.pdf

--
Mike D

Old October 15th 16, 08:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 21:27:39 on Fri, 14
Oct 2016, Michael R N Dolbear remarked:
electoral roll, planning permission applications[1],

do they have names on?

The former would be pretty useless without names on, and yes, the latter

do, or I wouldn't have mentioned it.

I recently discovered

Part-B-Entitlement-to-register-March-2010.pdf

Some special category electors must be entered on the register
without their qualifying address or without their name and qualifying
address. Further information on such electors can be found in Part F,
‘Special category electors’.

http://www.electoralcommission.org.u...ral_commission
_pdf_file/0011/43958/Part-F-Special-category-electors-March-2010.pdf

Yes, I'm aware of that[1] and this precaution is only available after
you've been at risk, and obviously can't be retrospective to previous
electoral rolls and those databases which have scraped them. It's very
much for the situation I mentioned earlier, of going into hiding after
your safety has been compromised.

[1] There was also some hiccup along the lines they forgot to make the
list of special category electors immune from FOI requests.

Old October 18th 16, 08:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 08:28:09 on Mon, 17 Oct
2016, d remarked:

You can't stalk someone you can't find.

Of course you can. You can stalk them at work or even drum roll over
the Internet.

How exactly do you "stalk" someone over a computer network? Send them nasty
emails and tweets? Aww, diddums. Anyone who is bothered by that needs to grow
a pair.

It does bother some people when they get emails like "when you get home
you'll find your cat nailed to the front door" (real example).

It is difficult to know where to draw the line, though, because
different people do react differently to various threat levels.

"You look like a ****ing mutant and should be burnt at the stake, We'll see
what you say when an immigrant rapes you or one of your kids"

(to a Remain supporter). Facebook and Twitter agree with you and say
it's perfectly acceptable to direct comments like that at people.
Although of course that's trolling rather than stalking.

And if you can't find someone you can't stalk them at work either can
you? And if you could find them at work you could follow them home too.

It's not necessarily the case that every work stalker follows the victim
home.

Is it? I'd be far more concerned with someone turning up on the doorstep with
a knife than someone sending me nasty texts or emails or finding out my CC
number and buying crap on amazon. YMMV however.

You must lead an exciting life for people to become that upset with you.

It seems to bother you since you're involved in stalking. Perhaps talking
from experience?

Oddly, we are one of the few organisations working in the subject who
are neither ex-law enforcement or ex-victims (nor of course
perpetrators). We think this gives us added objectivity.
Old October 18th 16, 10:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 09:24:45 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
Although of course that's trolling rather than stalking.

Quite.

And if you can't find someone you can't stalk them at work either can
you? And if you could find them at work you could follow them home too.

It's not necessarily the case that every work stalker follows the victim
home.

You'd expect that as the obvious escalation though.

--
Spud