Old October 13th 16, 10:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Battersea extension

In message , at 10:43:46 on Thu, 13 Oct
2016, tim... remarked:

Don't flatter yourself. If you put your home address in a public
repository that can be accessed by anyone with half a clue then more
fool you. Anyone with any sense registers their domain at their
accountants address or failing that a P.O Box.

I think you misspelt "anyone with something to hide..."

I think that's unfair

especially from a person who spends his spare time discussing the
minutiae of Stalker Protection legislation with government

Some stalking prevention measures can be very effective, but hiding
where you've been living for years (rather than where you moved to last
week to avoid the stalker) is extremely low on the list, and in our
modern big-data[3] world virtually impossible anyway.

Yes, I'd like to see people thinking more seriously about whether
people's names and addresses should be scrapeable from Companies House,
electoral roll, planning permission applications[1], and various other
places[2] plus DVLA, Nominet, Verisign and so on. But that's a lost
cause at the moment because the law says it's preferable for the public
to be able to check up on who you really are, than to protect these
persons on the registers from stalkers.

[1] yes Mr Hayter, that's you.
[2] all which then turn up at 192.com
[3] Leaking location via social media too.
Old October 13th 16, 10:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 11:22:00
on Thu, 13 Oct 2016, Paul Cummins
remarked:
I think you misspelt "anyone with something to hide..."

I think that's unfair

especially from a person who spends his spare time discussing the
minutiae of Stalker Protection legislation with government

I have to agree.

My company is registered several hundred miles from me, and mail is
forwarded, specifically beause of stalking.

That's an understandable move once you have become a victim. I presume
the previous registered address of your company isn't where you are
living now, but before the stalking started, because that would be a
dead give-away.
Old October 13th 16, 10:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 13 Oct 2016 11:33:20 +0100
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:22:00
on Thu, 13 Oct 2016, Paul Cummins
remarked:
I think you misspelt "anyone with something to hide..."

I think that's unfair

especially from a person who spends his spare time discussing the
minutiae of Stalker Protection legislation with government

I have to agree.

My company is registered several hundred miles from me, and mail is
forwarded, specifically beause of stalking.

That's an understandable move once you have become a victim. I presume

Its an understandable move before you become a victim, specifically to prevent
it.

--
Spud