Old May 23rd 17, 03:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Crossrail access to Heathrow still not settled

wrote:
On Tue, 23 May 2017 14:59:39 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
Right, because you couldn't possibly do any of that in the control tower.
And since when did security cameras have the same viewing field as the human
eye thats carried around in a skull and can look in any direction almost
instantly including vertically down?

You're assuming the tower has a glass floor?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/pqIGEo88RXA/maxresdefault.jpg

I guess ir never occured to you to wonder why the windows are angled outwards
instead of being vertical.

Oh dear! I realise I should know better, but you keep amazing me with your
ignorance.
Think again.
[Hint: they don't sit with their faces pressed against the windows.]

https://c1.staticflickr.com/8/7139/7...8d4de58c_b.jpg

Old May 23rd 17, 03:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Recliner wrote:
wrote:
Right, because you couldn't possibly do any of that in the control tower.
And since when did security cameras have the same viewing field as the

human
eye thats carried around in a skull and can look in any direction almost
instantly including vertically down?

You're assuming the tower has a glass floor?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/pqIGEo88RXA/maxresdefault.jpg

I guess ir never occured to you to wonder why the windows are angled

outwards
instead of being vertical.

Oh dear! I realise I should know better, but you keep amazing me with your
ignorance.
Think again.
[Hint: they don't sit with their faces pressed against the windows.]

https://c1.staticflickr.com/8/7139/7...8d4de58c_b.jpg

You really are such a bell-end sometimes in your desperate quest to disagree
with everything I say.

They don't sit with their faces pressed to the windows? No ****! But the
angled windows give them potentially a greater field of view if they need to
check out stuff down below. Or did you think it was an architectural flourish?
Aww, bless.

--
Spud

Old May 23rd 17, 04:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Recliner wrote:
wrote:
[...]

This is the best spud-ism ever! Shall we tell him?
Old May 23rd 17, 04:04 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 23/05/2017 16:39, d wrote:
On Tue, 23 May 2017 15:26:35 +0100
Graeme Wall wrote:
On 23/05/2017 14:13,
d wrote:
And since when did security cameras have the same viewing field as the human
eye thats carried around in a skull and can look in any direction almost
instantly including vertically down?

And the advantage of being able to look at the foot of the tower would be?

I don't know, something happening nearby that may be of concern. Use your
imagination. The human eye is quite good at catching motion on the peripheral,
perhaps a vehicle or person where they shouldn't be etc. Something you won't
necessarily spot with screens showing narrow angle camera views.

If you looked at the reports you'd see they aren't narrow angle views.

You also have the possibility of overlaying relevant information on the
screens such as tagging the image of each aircraft with its flight details.

See above.

See what above? You haven't addressed the point at all.

The point being you could do all of that in the control tower. FFS, you can
get all that on flightradar24!

You still need a screen to to display it, once you accept that then we
are back to the point where it doesn't matter where the screen is
physically located.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old May 23rd 17, 04:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Recliner wrote:
wrote:
Right, because you couldn't possibly do any of that in the control tower.
And since when did security cameras have the same viewing field as the human
eye thats carried around in a skull and can look in any direction almost
instantly including vertically down?

You're assuming the tower has a glass floor?

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/pqIGEo88RXA/maxresdefault.jpg

I guess ir never occured to you to wonder why the windows are angled outwards
instead of being vertical.

Strangely that is not to enable you to look vertically down.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old May 23rd 17, 04:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Recliner wrote:
wrote:
[...]

No, watching him get more and more annoyed while he displays his
ignorance is such fun. I predict a stream of bad language any time now.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old May 24th 17, 12:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at 10:24:11 on Tue, 23 May
2017, Graeme Wall remarked:

If the airport wasn't there, the traffic congestion and pollution
would be much worse.

How do you work that out?

cough wouldn't be so bad.

The cough wouldn't be so bad, I agree.