Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 8th 04, 01:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Fulham Broadway Conundrum

Presumably the football fans have a direct route to Stamford Bridge via
these
stairs, but where do the other people emerge?

There isn't a direct route for fans. It opens up onto the road by the side
of the shopping complex which I believe may also be a car park exit or
something.

Oh yes, I forgot: when the plans for the new station were put on show, I
remember discussing a direct route into Stamford Bridge with the developers,
who said they were keen on having a direct link into the stadium, but the local
authority objected.

It seems that Hammermith & Fulham Council rather like the massive dirsuption
caused to normal local residents, by the closure of Fulham Road every time
there's a home match, and all the buses being diverted, local roads clogged to
logjam etc. Our wonderful Council strikes another blow for its residents'
convenience!

Marc.